PDA

View Full Version : [Anime] Magical girl/boy?

Ceiling009
2007-05-07, 02:36 AM
I know this just sounds and looks bad... but a friend of mine convinced me to do it... I feel sort of bad cause the current feel of the class is off, to me it's like a silly druid or something, so I need some help trying to iron out the power and the lack of fluff possible mishandled flavor, cause it's mainly based on Sailor Moon... and there are a lot of other types of magical girls... but I tried to make it as general as possible...

NAME OF CLASS
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|A Girl's Best Friend, Mascot, Crisis Core

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Transformation 1/day

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Evasion

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Mascot Trust

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Transformation 2/day

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Weapon is a Must

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Crisis Body

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+6|Transformation 3/day

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+6|Team Tactics

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+7|Crisis Heart

11th|
+8|
+3|
+7|
+7|Transformation 4/day

12th|
+9|
+4|
+8|
+8|Weapon Faux Pas

13th|
+9|
+4|
+8|
+8|Improved Evasion

14th|
+10|
+4|
+9|
+9|Transformation 5/day

15th|
+11|
+5|
+9|
+9|Crisis Edge

16th|
+12|
+5|
+10|
+10|Team Resolve

17th|
+12|
+5|
+10|
+10|Transformation 6/day

18th|
+13|
+6|
+11|
+11|Weapon of the Season

19th|
+14|
+6|
+11|
+11|Timeless Body

20th|
+15|
+6|
+12|
+12|Transformation 7/day, Crisis Soul[/table]
Alignment: Any Good
Hit die: d8
Class Skills:
Skill Points at first level: (4 + int modifier) x4
Skill Points per level: 4 + int modifier

Class Features

Weapons and Armor Proficiencies – the Magical Girl is not proficient in any forms of Armor and is proficient with all simple weapons.

A Girl’s Best Friend – At First Level a Magical Girl has the choice of choosing a signature weapon of Martial or Exotic nature, thus gaining proficiency in any one Martial or Exotic Weapon; they may also choose to be to proficient in unarmed combat gaining the Improved Unarmed Combat feat.

Mascot – A magical girl gains a mascot, it is treated as a familiar for all intents and purposes, as outlined in the PHB 3.5, if the mascot dies, the Magical Girl loses 50 experience points for every level of Magical Girl. The Mascot may be resurrected, like a familiar, but is replaced after a number of days equaling the level of Magical Girl.

AC Bonus – Magical Girls are surrounded by their force of personality that blows that would strike her seem to stop or are deflected away, thus the Magical Girl has an AC bonus equal to her Charisma Modifier + 1 for every 5 levels. This bonus is only granted if the Magical Girl is not wearing any armor, loses it as long as she is wearing it.

Crisis Core – At first level, the magical girl gets from her mascot a Crisis Core, it is normally a locket or a piece of jewelry that is inconspicous. This Crisis Core is forever tied to the magical girl, thus even if a Magical Girl is disintegrated (and spells like it); as long as the Crisis Core is intact she may be resurrected via the resurrection spell. No one else, including other magical girls, may use the Crisis Core, it is otherwise a mundane object. If the Crisis Core is ever destroyed the magical girls loses 200 experience points per level of magical girl and has a fortitude save (DC 15) for half that loss. It can be replaced within a week’s time if the Mascot is alive, if the Mascot is dead, it’s a week after it is replaced or resurrected. It also lets the Magical Girl re-roll any fortitude saves against death effects and massive damage once per day. As long as the magical girl has the Crisis Core on her person, it also auto stabilizes the character. It also grants these powers to the magical girl as long as she has the Crisis Core on her person. If she loses her Crisis Core or it is not on her person, she loses all abilities as a magical girl except the Mascot.
Crisis Body – At 7th level, if the magical girl succeeds a fortitude save against death or massive damage, they automatically cast on themselves Bull’s Strength as a caster half their level.
Crisis Heart – At 10th level, if the magical girl succeeds a fortitude save against death or massive damage, they automatically cast on themselves Bear’s Endurance as a caster half their level.
Crisis Edge – At 15th level, if the magical girl succeeds a fortitude save against death or massive damage, they automatically cast on themselves Cat’s Grace as a caster half their level.
Crisis Soul – At 20th level, if the magical girl succeeds a fortitude save against death or massive damage or makes a will save DC 25, they may use a transformation slot to cast Mass Heal as a caster half their level.

Transformation – It takes a full round action (in which a speech must be said) to transform into their magical counterparts and their mascot must be present (within seeing (sight) distance) and have on them their Crisis Core for this transformation to work. This transformation lasts a number of minutes equal to their class level + Cha modifier. While transformed the magical girl gains special powers or features, all of which stack with each other:

DR 5/ - – At 2nd level, while a Magical Girl is transformed they gain damage reduction of 5

Energy Attunement – A Magical Girl has a mystical connection to the energies of the universe and may chose one type of energy to attune to her self. At 8th level, she may choose from Positive, Negative, Acid, Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, or Force energy types to enchant their weapon(s), dealing an extra 1d6 damage of the appropriate type while she is transformed.

Energy Blast – At 14th level A Magical Girl may make ranged touch attacks up to their maximum number of attacks to hit with an orb of energy they are attuned to dealing 1d6 per two levels of Magical Girl (Maximum 10d6).

Nova – A Magical Girl can sacrifice herself to inflict incredible amounts of damage. As a full round action, she may deal double her maximum number of hit points as untyped damage as an area of effect with a radius of 30 ft around her. She then drops down to 0 health and de-transforms.

Evasion – If an effect would allow a reflex save for half damage, as (a) successful reflex save with Evasion would take no damage.

Improved Evasion – As Evasion, except that even if the reflex save is failed, only half damage is taken by the character.

Weapon is a Must – The Magical Girl gets Weapon Focus as a bonus feat focusing on the weapon they chose as A Girl’s Best Friend

Weapon Faux Pas – The Magical Girl gets the Greater Weapon Focus feat for the weapon they chose as A Girl’s Best Friend

Weapon of the Season – The Magical Girl gets Supreme Weapon Focus for the weapon they chose as A Girl’s Best Friend

Mascot Trust – If the Magical Girl’s Mascot is within 50ft of the Magical Girl, the Magical girl gains a +2 morale bonus on all saves.

Team Tactics – If a Magical Girl is fighting along side 1 or more Magical Girls they get a +2 morale bonus to all attack rolls.

Team Resolve – If a Magical Girl is fighting along side 1 or more Magical Girls they get a +2 morale bonus to all damage rolls.

Timeless Body – A Magical Girl stops aging and stops incurring any penalties for age.

ZeroNumerous
2007-05-07, 03:01 AM
Suggestion: BESM D20. They have a Magical Girl(boy) class that is done very well. You could easily incorperate some things presented in that into your class.

Ceiling009
2007-05-07, 03:28 AM
oh i know that... I actually own that book... and newest 3rd edition... But the thing about BESM d20 is that it's... not dnd enough to actually fit into well.. DnD. The Besm classes do wonderfully in a BESM game, but conversion isn't that smooth either... Techinically if i choose that class and did complete conversions, they would have leadership at level 1 or 2... and some other things which I don't believe work well enough with an anime themed DnD game versus a BESM game. I like both system really, but i always feel so... less epic in point based games or something silly like that.

Talanic
2007-05-08, 10:14 PM
As I read it, if the Crisis Core is lost, the character is screwed until recovering it. If the Crisis Core is destroyed, a new one can be made. Doesn't quite seem right.

Ceiling009
2007-05-08, 11:00 PM
I mean losing it should be bad... but getting it destroyed should be worse... and still tantamount losing it... permanantly... but since this screws the character there should be some way to replace it... maybe it should require an item worth 100 gold per level and a week for it to be enchanted into a crisis core by thier mascot... I mean you can't replace it if it's just lost, it has to be destroyed completely before you can bother to replace it... unless you really want to just have a completely gimped character... or you make it if the crisis core is destroyed... the character dies... that's kinda harsh too...

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-08, 11:29 PM
I would make it take a week or longer to create a new one, along with (probably) the willing sacrifice of the Mascot.

Speaking of the Mascot, by the way: There's no ritual to get the Mascot, right? When it dies, I would change the penalties so that they're the same as the familiar death rules, and have a new Mascot appear in 1d6+1 days.

Ceiling009
2007-05-09, 12:08 AM
Hmm... that fine, it's just sort of harsh that either losing the crisis core (destroyed) and losing your mascot (death) can lose a lot of exp... I only toned down the loss of exp... but... it would make sense.