PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying necropolitan

theboss
2015-08-16, 05:03 PM
First of all, im new here. feels great to have some help from real pro d&d players.
Just to warn you guys, my english is not quite good. im israeli.
so, i have this multi-classing class (12 pathfinder fighter, 2 champion of C.L, 1 Crausder).
i found this necropolitan template which is really great, now my guys are quite like my multi-classing idea so they try to find something wrong. they said since im a necropolitan im not half-elf(which is one of the Requirements). i read the necropolitan describtion again and again and it says im like the old version of me just an undead one. NOW, my question is: Are they right? am i not allowed to open champion of C.L because im not consider half-elf? hope you help me.

Studoku
2015-08-16, 06:19 PM
Necropolitan is a template. Rules as Written, you are a necropolitan half-elf.

However, if your DM says you won't be allowed to champion Corellon Larethian, he's right. It's his decision and it's completely reasonable not to allow you to. Champion of Corellon Larethian is about being as elven as possible and turning yourself into an undead monstrosity might count against you.

theboss
2015-08-16, 06:26 PM
Necropolitan is a template. Rules as Written, you are a necropolitan half-elf.

However, if your DM says you won't be allowed to champion Corellon Larethian, he's right. It's his decision and it's completely reasonable not to allow you to. Champion of Corellon Larethian is about being as elven as possible and turning yourself into an undead monstrosity might count against you.

why would it be count against me? you said my race is still half-elf, so Technically i *can* open this class. can i?

ExLibrisMortis
2015-08-16, 06:37 PM
Correlon Larethian is a Good deity, and most Good deities do not like undead. But yes, there is no RAW restriction on entering and keeping the class.

theboss
2015-08-16, 06:40 PM
Correlon Larethian is a Good deity, and most Good deities do not like undead. But yes, there is no RAW restriction on entering and keeping the class.

Champion of Correlon Larethian must be nonevil. nothing mentioned about being good....

theboss
2015-08-16, 06:43 PM
Oh sorry, you ment the god. yes, but one of his domienons is CN...

sakuuya
2015-08-16, 10:06 PM
why would it be count against me? you said my race is still half-elf, so Technically i *can* open this class. can i?

The reason is because the DM, not the book, has the final say on what works and what doesn't work at a table. Even if something is completely legal within the rules, a DM is free to disallow it. That said, if the reason is really that they believe it doesn't work (i.e. they're not using the rules as a cover for some other reason), then you should be fine.