PDA

View Full Version : Best crowd control/anti-undead spells for an 8th level wizard?

Morph Bark
2015-08-16, 05:39 PM
I'll be joining an ongoing campaign for a single session tomorrow (best friend's a part of their group and he's leaving the continent for six months in a week), and their group is made up of a Sorcerer gish, Ranger, Druid and Bard (plus some others that won't be present tomorrow). The campaign seems to be undead-heavy, but also features plenty of non-undead enemies, and the group is lacking in crowd control abilities. I don't just want to play a replacement Cleric, so I figured I'd go Wizard to make up for the crowd control.

So what spells are good for an 8th level wizard that are good for crowd control and/or anti-undead?

Brova
2015-08-16, 05:41 PM
evard's black tentacles springs to mind. Probably some wall spells too. Here's (http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=31962) a list of good combat spells.

Gnorman
2015-08-17, 05:05 PM
Yup, I would second Black Tentacles. Solid Fog is quite useful as well. Wall of Fire, while (ugh) an Evocation spell, might be useful if exploiting the mindlessness of mindless undead. Various image spells might be useful too, though I seem to recall a good deal of argument over interactions between mindless undead and illusions.

Outside of core, there are a few more wall spells (Deadly Chains, Sand, Salt, etc.) available to you.