PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Psycho from Borderlands gear help.

4vrdefiant
2015-08-16, 09:17 PM
Hello all! as the title suggests I'm having a hard time with deciding gear for my version of Krieg. I'm not actually using him in a campaign just yet, think of it as a backup character in case my gunslinger bites the dust. Right now I'm matching our progression so I'm only level 14 and I don't know whether the DM will allow me to Mythic on my 2nd character since it was literal divine intervention that made me that way. I'm basing this off of Socratov's build which I think is really nice, alas only stuff from the D20 site (3pp with DM approval) has the greenlight. Also our DM doesn't allow us to use multiple archetypes of the same class. Without Further ado here is Carrrlll

Carrrlll Half troll (don't have approval atm, but I think I can convince him) and Half Dwarf (not sold but it is funny to me)
2 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian

Stats w/o gear:

STR: 24
DEX: 13
CON: 24
INT: 6
WIS: 8
CHA: 8

Feats:

Weapon Focus- greataxe
Power Attack
Point Blank Shot
Cleave
Charging Hurler
Improved Charging Hurler
Deadly Aim
Two-handed Thrower

Equipment:
Weapon- Furious Called Greataxe (now here I thought about adding flaming burst for the exploding buzzsaw axe I'm oh so fond of in BL2.
Ring- Ring of retribution (now this basically replicated his Martydom. if only I could replicate his 2nd wind)
Belt of giant's strength +6

and that is where I'm stuck. DM is pretty good about keeping us at appropiate character level wealth so I have 185k before the items above. I'm asking your opinions on what to do/buy to make this thematic as possible but still pose a threat as Krieg should. I am not one for uber optimizing as you can tell but I do like to make sense and stay relevant with the group. Help me obtain the Shiniest Meat Bicycle!

Orion Hamby
2016-03-23, 04:06 PM
looks good so far, have you put thought into armour yet, i think for a krieg feel i'd go for enchanted hide, or maybe leather, if it was a heavier build i would suggest some fluffed up half-plate, all the metal you know. maybe a ring of regeneration, or some type of fast healing

Psyren
2016-03-23, 07:46 PM
and that is where I'm stuck. DM is pretty good about keeping us at appropiate character level wealth so I have 185k before the items above.

I don't know what the CR adjustment is on a half-troll half-dwarf, but I doubt it's 0. Do you have a source for these templates/races?

The Random NPC
2016-03-24, 07:28 PM
Take a look at Burn Rider (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/burn-rider-barbarian-archetype) for the Barbarian. It can help represent the Hellfire tree.