PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Minor Forgotten Realms fluff query: is Lord Nasher still alive as of the end of 3e?

AnonymousPepper
2015-08-17, 06:33 AM
Having a slight bit of difficulty figuring out just when he died, because... well, surprisingly, my Google-Fu is apparently poorly optimized, or maybe just the information isn't firmly established, I dunno.

In a game set more or less right before 4e ever happened, tail end of 3e, is Nasher still alive and in charge of Neverwinter in canon?

I mean if I wanted him to be alive it'd be pretty easy to just say he is, but I'd like to keep my defiling of canon to a minimum; God knows I've done enough of it already by virtue of making my campaign more or less a Planescape(-esque?) game.

Inevitability
2015-08-17, 06:43 AM
This FR wiki article (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Nasher_Alagondar) uses the past tense, indicating he is dead (a second source stated he died from natural causes). I think this indicates he died somewhere before the end of 3.5's timeline, but I am not sure.

RolkFlameraven
2015-08-17, 12:20 PM
There is a rather large time skip between 3E and 4E. So what part of 'tail end' and 'before' are you talking? 3.5 'ended' with the Spell plague and 4E 'started' once magic stabilized enough to become what it was in 4E and Nasher died sometime in between those two points.

Now are you planning on having this right before Mystra died? As she killed in 1385 and Nasher was alive and well in 1372 and seemingly only of middle age he could have well have still been alive at this time but his death hasn't been stated in a FR campaign or book as of yet to the true year of his death isn't yet known.

Sian
2015-08-17, 01:22 PM
Nasher was alive and well in 1372 and seemingly only of middle age

Point of order, he became lord of Neverwinter in 1329, at which point he already had at least 10 years of adventuring beneath his belt. So he's likely somewhere around 70 years old in 1372.

That said, lore heavy Forgotten Realms questions really should be asked on Candlekeep (forum.candlekeep.com) as many of the best 'lorekeepers' hangs out there, including many of the authors, including Ed Greenwood (although in his case its by proxy via one of his longtime players)