PDA

View Full Version : KnockDown feat(3.5e/3e)?

theboss
2015-08-17, 06:38 AM
So i was planning on taking this feat untill i saw its orginally from 3rd e, my question is:
1. Is there a version of it in 3.5e? if so, can you make a free attack after trip your foe?
thanks for helping

OldTrees1
2015-08-17, 07:10 AM
Depends on which version you use. The latest version(in the 3.5 SRD under the Deities and Demigods section) allows you to do hit -> trip -> hit provided you still have Improved Trip.

theboss
2015-08-17, 01:20 PM
Depends on which version you use. The latest version(in the 3.5 SRD under the Deities and Demigods section) allows you to do hit -> trip -> hit provided you still have Improved Trip.

ya, the latest version. in which page can i find it?

Red Fel
2015-08-17, 01:47 PM
ya, the latest version. in which page can i find it?

You mean this one (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown)? Or the one found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35)? (Hint: They're the same.)

Yes, Knock-Down is technically 3.5-current.

theboss
2015-08-17, 01:50 PM
You mean this one (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown)? Or the one found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35)? (Hint: They're the same.)

Yes, Knock-Down is technically 3.5-current.

thanks man

LooseCannoneer
2015-08-17, 03:13 PM

Improved Trip is a requirement for Knock-Down.

OldTrees1
2015-08-17, 05:33 PM
Improved Trip is a requirement for Knock-Down.

It is. However you do not get the benefit of Improved Trip if you no longer have Improved Trip(high OP trades feats often). Hence why I said you needed Improved Trip to get the 2nd attack(true for all cases rather than just the assumed case).

LooseCannoneer
2015-08-17, 10:23 PM
It is. However you do not get the benefit of Improved Trip if you no longer have Improved Trip(high OP trades feats often). Hence why I said you needed Improved Trip to get the 2nd attack(true for all cases rather than just the assumed case).

You can't even use Knock-Down without Improved Trip, though.

OldTrees1
2015-08-17, 11:20 PM
You can't even use Knock-Down without Improved Trip, though.
I forgot Knock-down wasn't a Fighter Bonus Feat.

Flickerdart
2015-08-18, 12:03 AM
I forgot Knock-down wasn't a Fighter Bonus Feat.
Fighters don't get to ignore prerequisites when selecting their bonus feats.

OldTrees1
2015-08-18, 12:20 AM
Martial Monk.

Again, my initial statement was being extra precise. I think this derailment can end here right?

Curmudgeon
2015-08-18, 12:37 AM
Martial Monk.
Does that matter? Monks have no ability to use the feats they've selected until they meet the prerequisites.

LooseCannoneer
2015-08-18, 01:08 AM

Weirdly enough, there's a paragraph of rules that prevents them from using it. I'm away from my books right now, but its in PH, page 87, second column. It basically says that you can't use a feat if you don't currently meet the prerequisites.

More importantly, where does it say that Fighters get to ignore prerequisites? If so, I've got some build tweaking to do.

Flickerdart
2015-08-18, 09:48 AM
More importantly, where does it say that Fighters get to ignore prerequisites? If so, I've got some build tweaking to do.
The second word of the sentence you quoted is "don't."

LooseCannoneer
2015-08-18, 01:00 PM
The second word of the sentence you quoted is "don't."

I'm capable of reading.

Flickerdart
2015-08-18, 01:21 PM
I'm capable of reading.

Then I don't understand why you quoted a post you know says "Fighters can't ignore prerequisites" and then asked where it says they get to ignore prerequisites.

Max Caysey
2015-08-18, 03:38 PM
The erretta removed the option to get the free attack from improved trip while using this feat. Sword and Fist erretta that is.

Flickerdart
2015-08-18, 04:16 PM
The erretta removed the option to get the free attack from improved trip while using this feat. Sword and Fist erretta that is.
Sword and Fist errata doesn't take precedence over the later reprint of the feat in Deities and Demigods, published over a year later.

Curmudgeon
2015-08-18, 05:45 PM
Sword and Fist errata doesn't take precedence over the later reprint of the feat in Deities and Demigods, published over a year later.
And similarly, the Deities and Demigods update was superseded by the updated SRD version of the feat.