PDA

View Full Version : K.N.A.V.E.S. Headquarters III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NecroPaladin
2007-05-07, 06:38 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/KNAVEbadge.jpg

Welcome to K.N.A.V.E.S! I'm changing this flavor text for every thread just because it's disruptive! Look at how evil I am!

The Killing of the Not-Able-to-Vote Ending Solution Party is situated in an ominous fortress that very much reflects its supposed goals, even if its name only states a small part of what the party really stands for. This blackened stone building (An average castle, containing all standard castle rooms and, in total, about 15 assorted rooms on level 1 and 2 each, and about 5 on level 3), situated in a limb of the governmental district, is dormant and mostly secretive until the event of an election.
In the event of an election, the block-like central fort and imposing defensive walls light up and spring into action. The gates of the outer wall close, but the doors of the main building spring open. Lanterns along the wall and torches inside the fort light without assistance, and mailed soldiers with black tabards (embroidered on the front and back with the image of a scale of justice, in crimson) patrol the walls, clanking in unison. Every soldier (NPC) wears an identical mask, a perfectly smooth steel faceplate with nothing but slits to expose the face, vertical over the mouth and horizontal over the eyes. This is when the Party does not operate its evil "law enforcement" in secret, but rather, publicly, for one day only. The thinly-veiled totalitarian "party" has dedicated itself to the extermination of non-voters particularly, but as well any and all who do not directly support the infrastructure of the town. Despite the fact that the government does not want the party's help, it keeps its actions steady and defends itself expertly against interlopers and even the rejection of its own political system. (Note: I frown upon people simply saying "I walk right in" but particularly detailed or original ways of getting will be enjoyed. Or you could just, you know, stand at the gate and the guards'll let you in if you're not a blatant enemy.)

PARTY STRUCTURE

UNIFORM:
The party uniform is standard, a combination black tabard and double-breasted coat. Room is allowed for members to customize, to a degree, as members must still be recognizable as members when within the headquarters. Anyone above NPC soldier rank is issued an evil-looking hat, hood or mask (requests may be made) and allowed to choose a new name (below) within the organization. When at base, all members must wear the image of a scale somewhere so as to not be misidentified as a usurper.

NAMES:
Party Monikers are constructed as such:

Prefix: "The, Mister, Madam, Comrade, Sir," or another title of some sort.
Suffix: A single word pertaining in some way to law and government. Even if, say "Habeas Corpus," is cool, a simple "Lord Corpus," or "Agent Habeas" should suffice.
Thus, every name should be two words, such as "Armiger Executive" or "Miss Jury," although exceptions will be allowed when deemed appropriate (Ie: "Ringleader Veto" could become "The Ringleader Veto" or "Ring Leader Veto" without too much struggle)

DUTIES/PARTY GOALS:
Except for the lowest of NPCs, K.N.A.V.E.S Party members have a surprising amount of freedom. Although the organization's public goal is to eliminate non-voters, its overall function is as a dark and cruel not-so-secret police. Its members effectively work double lives (except for the truly dedicated), normal citizens by day and vigilantes of the worst sort by night. So long as justice is served seasoned with blood, the K.N.A.V.E.S Party is happy.

Repeated, this organization is not meant to be an obligation, but rather a fun way to feel like a total villain, and then go right back to doing whatever your character was doing, be it evil or good. You have no restrictions when set to uphold the law your way. Tired of the police? Come to us. Don't want to have to work for us all the time but interested? Then join and just work when you feel like it. I'd always like to see this grow into a bigger group, because I'm always seeing Tyranids and Necromongers, but never a player character league of evil. And even then, we have room for vigilantes and, at the most extreme, heroes. Now join and let's get tyrannical!

To join, simply approach and you should be met eventually. After a suitable amount of RP, you will be issued a uniform, a helm/hat/hood/other, and a name. The uniform is standardized until you work on it yourself, but the headgear and name are requested by you as you join. If you do not specify, it is up to the judgement of the recruiter. If you wait for too long and a recruiter is not available, feel free to NPC-RP the situation (to an extent) before noting the name and hat you will be known by, as well as whether you are applying as a Soldado, Guardia, Torturador, or Artensano. It's also interesting to give a description of what your character would look like in full uniform, once your coat/tabard has been fully customized.

NOTE: The castle IS destructible. Indestructible buildings take away so many possibilities, and it's not that hard to say "I rebuild it" afterward.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-07, 06:39 PM
((Second post made so that I can simply edit this one to add members, rather than skipping past all the filler))

JOINING and MEMBERS:
A prospective member need only approach the gates to be allowed a path to the fort. If he strays so much as an inch onto the grounds, he is considered a threat, but as long as he beelines to the castle he is safe. Any member may meet him there and document his allegiance and request of name and uniform, but Clergyman State controls the ultimate decision for order's sake (Ironic, because the Party prides itself on voting). The only truly mandatory dates of servitude are election dates, and as well these are the days when, rather than just acting the evil police, the party lives up to its name.

NOTE: The K.N.A.V.E.S. organization is a very "double-life" ish setting. It is intended as an opening to play a character as a Lawful Evil or Neutral (or possibly LG if he's obsessive) villain and then go right back to RPing him or her normally. For instance, Namesake is a Paladin/Purifier while Clergyman State is a Blackguard/Corrupt Avenger. This is meant to be fun, not a responsibility or obligation.

The positions are:

DICTADOR
May step down and appoint a Vice Dictador on occasion.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/StateAvi.jpg
Clergyman State-Lyandis Strewen Alemnon, formerly Namesake (Necropaladin)

RELATED:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/DistrictAvi.jpg
District-No other name. State's messenger, appearing as a teeny tiny tap-dancing State who wears a sombrero. State has very little, if any, control over District.

Police State-Revenant (Necropaladin). Revenant the Police State is Clergyman State's personal bodyguard. A living embodiment of divine tyranny, Revenant is the result of State turning the corpse of Maph'Tey (Rebonack) into a perfect servant. TRAITOR
CIRCULO INTERNO
Advisors to the Dictador, may veto a blatantly self-destructive order. The Party's survival is necessary even before the Dictador's. Access to all rooms but The Chapel.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/IlluminarioAvi.jpg
Seductivo Illuminario-Arha (wxdruid)

OFICIALES
Can be issued a set amount of Soldados or NPCs for missions. Can request things of the Party. Have access to room and board within the compound, and the second level of the castle.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/CzarAvi.jpg
Czar Prohibition-Tom (The Geomancer)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/JusticeAvi.jpg
The Blind Justice-Iridaceae (Rebonack)

SOLDADOS
Basic Rank, issued uniform and name. Have access to an extensive armory but only the first level of the three-story castle.

The Jury-Random's Creations (Gnrlshrimp)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/DallAvi.jpghttp://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/SylkAvi.jpg
Shadow Spy and Fire Judge-Dall and Sylk (Goblin Music)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/JudicialAvi.jpg
Enforcer Judicial-Darkblade (darkblade) TRAITOR

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/ConvictionAvi.jpg
Sir Conviction-Jacobus Hyde (Warpfire777)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/ManalAvi.jpg
Angel of the Judges-Manal (Manal)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/PrisonAvi.jpg
Comrade Prison-Shalashaska (Reptilus)

Archduke Sua Sponte-Rex (Jacklu) RESOLVED
Master Tonans-Jarvis (flabbicus)
Baron Law-The robot knight man-thing who never really bothered to have a name written up for him (Nightwing)
Jolly Roger-Dawkins (Damon)

GUARDIAS (or "Constables")
A less dedicated Soldado, acting as a kind of vigilante policeman. These nonextremist agents are employed with diplomat-class Papeles Especializados and Artesanos to soften the Party's image. They are also the most likely to show themselves in public during daylight hours without a disguise.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/ClayAvi.jpg
The Law-Clay (Kyrian)

Doctor "Doc" War-Malleo the Mad (Necropaladin)
GUARDIAS DE CHEIF
This rank is to Guardia as Oficial is to Soldado, composed of non-extremist officers who operate as a kind of self-employed police chief. Aside from their nonlethal tactics and willingness to operate in public, they otherwise serve as Oficiales.

None (as of yet)
ARTESANOS and other NONCOMBATIENTES
Cooks, smiths, propagandists, architects and the like who work within the complex. May also hold other ranks.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/CastellanAvi.jpg
Castellan Corpus-Alfred (J.W. Wells)-Legal Advisor to State

Master Causa-Sunn (Shadow of the Sun)-Apprentice to Prof. Affadavit, both within KNAVES and outside the organization. Very bad at wearing hats. ON PROBATION

ARTESANOS HOLDING OTHER RANKS:

Fire JudgeSylk (Goblin Music)-Lantern Management Class (I just made up that title)
Attorney of Fate-Amy (Manal)-Owner of a K.N.A.V.E.S-friendly restaurant.
Doctor "Doc" War-Malleo the Mad (Necropaladin)-Researcher. Like Affadavit, but specializing in chemicals.

ARTESANOS PRINCIPALES
A fairly self-explanatory rank, these are the master artesans among us. This is the hardest Oficial-level promotion to get, due to the fact that it relies solely on noncombat accomplishments.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/AffadavitAvi.jpg
Professor Affadavit-Random (Gnrlshrimp)-Research and Development K.N.A.V.E

PAPELES ESPECIALIZADOS
Assassins, diplomats, anyone who doesn't just go out and enforce a sick image of the law the standard way. These members additionally carry Soldado or Oficial rank (or the good and evil offshoots above and below), as Papele Especializado does not signify power in the organization.

The Blind Justice-Oficial Rank, Our resident alien body-snatcher for subterfuge and espionage. Mentor of Shadow Spy, a saboteur.
Professor Affadavit-Artesan Principal Rank, employs "creations" rather than involving himself. He is a Soldado and Noncombatiente both, but only counts as one member.
Czar Prohibition-Oficial Rank, serves as a mobile garbage disposal that gets rid of all the incriminating bodies and turns them into fertilizer. Not getting any more graphic than that.
Castellan Corpus-Artesano Rank, is the official law K.N.A.V.E. And we don't mean law enforcement, we mean legalization. After all, with the right forms, any of our members could pass off their actions as religious expression...
TORTURADORES
The members that are the very most evil and most desensitized to killing are dropped into this rank, which always carries Oficial or greater status. Gain access to The Scar, an extensive prison underneath the Headquarters. Serve as torturers for the powerful foes that the party does not kill outright. When on outside missions, Torturadores act as the anti-Guardia; they almost always go for the kill, or at least pain.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/TerroremAvi.jpg
Magister Terrorem-Crucius (Nevrmore)

VERDUGOS
Verdugos are the worst of the Torturadores, serving exclusively as executioners. A scuffle with this Anti-Guardia de Cheif will result in outright death or victory for the enemy, with no in-between.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/VerdictAvi.jpg
Inquisitor Verdict-Aesa (Vael)

ASSOCIATES:
Not a rank at all, but simply those allowed into the complex that are not part of the organization, whether they want to be acknowledged or not. Can apply for membership. Associate status is attainable by anyone who assists the party, shares its goals (although that is up to judgement), or even sympathizes with it. Associate status must be declared if it is not shown through direct assistance, and is repealable by those of Oficial status or greater (though a higher rank may stop a lower rank from doing so)

Destro Yersul
All members of AMEN, an allied organization. AMENites have instant access to the Castle by means of a magical portcullis.

PUNISHMENT RANKS:

ON PROBATION
These are the members who have fallen out of State's favor...They are not enemies to the organization, but they are stripped of their title and considered civilians (and thus, free targets if they break the law) until further notice. Members on probation do not share the benefits of a standard member until State deems them worthy to reenter, but they are protected from retribution by other members solely based on the action that put them on probation.

Cases of Probation will be kept in record, even once they have expired, as multiple offenses will instigate harsher punishment, possibly even the mantle of a traitor.

Clay-Formerly "The Law" (Kyrian) OVER
-Standard Probation (8 Days)
-For refusing orders from a superior officer, and insulting said superior. Normally, this warrants expulsion, but he was not the aggressor of the situation. State orders, repeat, orders that there be no vengeance taken for this action as Clay is not hostile. Clay is still allowed in headquarters, but will hold no authority.

Sunn-Formerly "Master Causa" (Shadow of the Sun)
-Selective Probation (Ends once a specific action is taken)
-For attempting to free a prisoner (Tabitha). This would have been an offense warranting expulsion like Clay's, but she was the member assigned to the prisoner in the first place, thus making this State's mistake as well. Various hostilities dissuaded, namely between Sunn, Terrorem, and Verdict (who is in charge of Tabitha now). Affadavit's apprentice will remain on probation until Tabitha has been dealt with.

TRAITORS

Kill these scum on sight. These former members deserve no penalty but eternal damnation, as even the Death penalty is too lenient.

These cases will be considered targets for open hostility until the case is resolved.

Archduke Sua Sponte RESOLVED
Rex tried to rob Czar Prohibtion, before sparring with him, Sir Conviction, and Comrade Prison. Case resolved when Rex was given the deal to leave, pay a fine, and never return, as s/he did no permanent damage.

Police State
Revenant nearly killed our illustrious leader, and fought both Czar Prohibition and Magister Terrorem (and Maph'tey) refusing arrest all the while. Revenant is not an immediate target (State still has reservations about him) but is to be considered hostile and attacked if he involves himself in actions against any KNAVE or associate thereof.

Enforcer Judicial
Darkblade defected, before returning with Namesake and Maph'tey in tow. He freed a valuable Police prisoner solely because of a personal connection, and gave a number of valuable KNAVES secrets over to her kind. This is emphasized, of course, by the fact that he also assaulted Sir Conviction out of spite. Capture him, don't kill him. He needs to see...the right path.

OTHER NOTABLE GROUPS:

NPCs

Not joinable, but notable nontheless. These guys are mostly if you want someone to talk to but no other KNAVES are on. NPCs are communal control-open.

Arrives-The first named NPC K.N.A.V.E. An expert diplomat who hides the fact that he gets really giddy when a plan goes off without a hitch. Control Arrives as overly grim and serious, but then all giggly when he does something to benefit the organization. He's pretty much just here for if you want to sign up but no recruiters are online, or if you want to bargain with K.N.A.V.E.S for our weaponry, etc, without going through the wait of talking to Affadavit, War, or other makers of interesting equipment. Be aware Affadavit's guns do tend to kill non-K.N.A.V.E.S, though.

Arrives speaks in DarkSlateGray. Sign here, please.

Captain Orwell-The leader of the Statesmen, usually under NecroPaladin's control but I make exceptions. He's a tough-talkin', all business skeletal son-of-a-gun. Very commando-type, and very agreeable as long as you belong to a rank that ensures violence. Lots and lots of violence. Although it's not as realistic as signing on with Arrives, Orwell can also recruit if there's no players around to recruit you. He does do business with outside organizations, though, so he may be good if you want to hire yourself on as a mercenary rather than a member.

Captain Orwell gives his orders in Sienna! Hoowah!

RANK-AND-FILE

The little shock troops and mindless, nameless NPCs that keep us going.

BASIC KNAVES:
Otherwise called "NPC Soldados," these soldiers are everywhere and fill in the minion economy like kindling. Yep, we sure do burn through 'em without regret. We're horrible people.

Basic KNAVES answer to any PC KNAVE.

JURY MEMBERS:
These odd robots fill in for the heavy lifting jobs. They can also shapeshift. A jury member is about 10 times less useless than a basic KNAVE.

Jury Members answer to Professor Affadavit.

THE STATESMEN:
These are a batallion of 41 skeletal men (the forty-first is Captain Orwell) whose souls return to the Chapel on death. They are only slightly harder to kill than the standard soldiers, but they are better trained and respawn in the Chapel when killed.

The Statesmen answer to Captain Orwell, who answers to Clergyman State.

SHADOW TROOPS:
A large contingent of men and women from the Plane of Shadows that State has twisted into believing his fascist agenda. They despise "light-walkers," and consider having a shadow a crime punishable by death. They dress in full body uniforms and have umbrellas on their weapons for protection's sake. A shadow troop is more dedicated than a normal troop, and also partially incorporeal (and thus able to take more hits). However, they are helpless if left exposed to light without protection.

Shadow Troops answer to Clergyman State.

And remember,
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,K-dot-N-dot-A-dot-V-dot-E-dot-S-dot-,red,black.png (http://www.sloganizer.net/en/)

Nightwing
2007-05-07, 06:40 PM
((yay! new thread!))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-07, 06:47 PM
Affadavit sighs and continues staring at the glob of dark matter. "Maybe I should inform state...I may not be around for a while if this sword continues to change me. I don't even know what it's doing to me." He grabs his sword and slowly draws it. The anti-matter shivers and seems to vanish, but is just broken down to a pre-atomic level. "If this experiment works though, everything this sword has done to me will be worth it." Professor Affadavit closes his eyes and concentrates very hard. The vaccum disappears and the pre-atomic anti-matter is set free. "Now, some matter to combine with it." The air shimmers faintly and a small grey blob slowly forms. Affadavit opens his eyes and breathes a sigh of relief. "PERFECT! THE POSSIBILITIES! I must start work on this substance at once." He lets go of the sword and his whole body starts shaking again. "No...First, I need some rest." Affadavit collapses next to the strange grey blob, but his eyes stay wide open.

Goblin Music
2007-05-07, 06:51 PM
((love the new thread smell!))

The Geomancer
2007-05-07, 07:07 PM
((The forums being down made me claw out my eyes in frustration. Its difficult to see the moniter via smells, but I'm managing it.))

Czar gets up out of his stool and exits both Tabitha's work room and the Scar. He enters the courtyard and looks around for State, having not seen him in awhile.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-07, 07:11 PM
Tabitha returns from her look around at the forge to hear Czar's little threats. To which she does not take kindly to.

"You'd like to see me work?" she asks innocently as Czar walks out of the door. "Very well, I shall show you some results."

Tabitha begins to summon a great deal of power into her staff, standing before the tuning forks with a somewhat sinister smile. There is a sound vibrating through the air as the energy begins to thrum.

He may begin to feel it even as he leaves.

The Geomancer
2007-05-07, 07:17 PM
Czar did not feel it, because he was brooding in an angry villainous way at the time. He scans the courtyard for State.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:24 AM
In the courtyard Professor Affadavit wakes up from his "rest". "Damned sword. It'll be the death of me." He stands up, no longer shaking, and looks round, behind him lies a much larger grey blob than before. He stares at it. "Well...That is...interesting. This substance clearly has some unusual properties, enough resting and worrying, the sword can wait. I need to do some research on this."

Two Jury members walk over and attempt to pick the blob up, however in the process they are consumed by it. Affadavit goes mad at this. "I DON'T BELIEVE IT! ACTIVE ABSORBTION! Wow...What have I created? More importantly, how do I move the damn thing?"

Affadavit begins taking notes on the substance. "Such unusual properties. Can it be used for anything though?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:28 AM
Tabitha frowns as it is obvious her display goes unnoticed. And she'd rather not cause the room to collapse in trying to make him see it. The energy dies down and she puts her hands on each tuning fork to make sure they stop vibrating.

She looks frankly displeased at the fact and sighs. However, it was nice to make the room shake. It was just... pleasant to be able to have that sort of effect.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 05:28 AM
Sunn, who is happily in the workshop with Tabitha, not having intervened with Czar as she could end him in an instant, stretches. The work that she and Tabitha are doing together is all-in-all pretty fun.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:33 AM
Tabitha looks over to Sunn with a smile. "Anything you'd like to try? I think we are almost ready to actually begin putting it together now that most of the research is over..." She almost seems a bit uneasy about that, behind her smile.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 05:35 AM
Oh, I've no real problems right now. We might just want to watch the temperature variance on the ceramic, though. Sunn grins. That was a cool trick Aesa did, wasn't it?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:36 AM
Professor Affadavit continues to stare at the blob. "Okay, it can easily absorb matter. Based on its components it should therefore be able to absorb anti-matter as well. The chances of it being an intelligent lifeform, if alive at all, are very slim...So what can it actually be used for? Other than an incredibly effective suit of armour. But then I'd have to stop it from absorbing the person wearing it...And it needs to be in solid form. Can this be used at all or have I just invented something entirely useless?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:39 AM
Tabitha looks up, "What trick did Aesa do? I'm afraid I missed it." She laughs a bit.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 05:41 AM
The being-in-more-than-one-place-at-once one. Not that I can't do it, I just prefer not to. It feels so impersonal. Sunn grins widely at Tabitha. I'll give you a demo, if you want.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:43 AM
"Ah, yes, that. You people and your extraplanar capabilities," she teases. "If you want to show me, I'd love to see it though."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:43 AM
Affadavit sighs. "I don't want to use this sword again...Not until I know what its doing to me anyway, but I need to know if it can absorb energy as well." He grabs the sword and sends five fireballs at it. The blob breaks into six equal pieces. "Not what I was hoping for but interesting none the less. But now I have six of the things to deal with. If only...WAIT! THAT'S IT!"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 05:47 AM
Sunn closes her eyes for a second and then there are six of her, which just like every time she creates something, were more like they were always there, unnoticed than simply appearing. They begin talking alternatively, but all in the same voice: Aesa and I use different methods for managing it, though. She does it by modifying probability, I use a somewhat less abstract approach.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:50 AM
Tabitha watches with interest, enjoying letting her friend show off a bit. Everyone likes to do it, even if they don't admit it. "My question is, how do all the minds remain linked? Do you see all of this in your head simultaneously... or does the information become added to your mind collectively when the rest of... yourself... go back into being one?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:54 AM
"Hmm. What if I substituted this material for the metal used in my creations?" He shakes his head and his metallic eye flickers. "It is a possibility, but first I need to find some way of...I need to freeze this thing." He sighs and looks down at his sword again. "No way am I using that thing again. Guess I'll have to find some other way."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 05:55 AM
For me, at least, I keep them all linked. It isn't so much seeing everything at once, you just get the memories of the others as you go. I couldn't exactly tell you how I keep the minds linked, I just manage it. I still prefer just being one person, though. I'd hate to have one of me die and live with that memory for the rest of my life. Sunn explains the situation using all of her duplicates, which are speaking alternatively. That and it is just personal preference. It can be a little bit confusing sometimes, even for me.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:01 AM
"Ah," she says, seeming to understand it put into those terms. "I'm kind of glad there's only one option for how many people I get to be at one time."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:04 AM
Affadavit crouches and peers at the nearest grey blob. "Right...If I can freeze it, or just freeze the outside of it. Then it might be useful, but is it capable of being used as a material for my creations? There might well be some kind of risk involved in this...I need to work out some probabilities first. If only life were simple." His right eye sparks and flickers as he gazes at the blob. "Should work, could work..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 06:05 AM
Not really, when I happen to be you're friend! All the Sunn duplicates close their eyes and there is a flash of purple light. Then there is one Sunn standing there, grinning like mad. I could give you a duplicate, if you wanted, if only to see what it is like. I wouldn't do it permanently, because although I have no doubt your mind can process all of the info you get, it can still be bloody confusing.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:07 AM
Tabitha shakes her head with a smile, "Nah. It's confusing enough being me as it is. I don't need twice the headache." She laughs as she goes to take a seat.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 06:10 AM
Now, I have a favor to ask when we get out of her, Tabitha. It won't be too hard, although it could be strange. Do you think you would mind doing me a favor? I don't mind if you don't. Sunn grins at her, and she clearly seems to think that if Tabitha agrees she will be in Tabitha's debt.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:10 AM
Professor Affadavit grins and stands up. "Creations that absorb all forms of matter and duplicate if hit with too much energy." He laughs loudly. "PERFECT!" He manages to control the laughter but the huge grin remains on his face. "They'll be my greatest triumph yet."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:14 AM
Tabitha raises a brow momentarily, then nods and gives her a slight smile in return.

"Let's take a walk and you can tell me about it," she says, making the slight leap that is getting down from a chair. "I need to stretch my legs."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:15 AM
Affadavit stops himself. "No, I'm getting overexcited. This still needs more work." He stands up again, still staring at the grey blobs.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 06:16 AM
Sure! Uh, I'll just teleport outside the workshop door, so it doesn't stop me. Waking into things can be annoying. Sunn gets up, grins at her, and teleports out in front of the workshop.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:19 AM
Tabitha smiles and shakes her head before opening the door herself and walking out into the hallway.

She stops momentarily, "Sunn... is there a way I can answer my door without accidentally letting people in? I was rather perturbed to have Czar just march in like that."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:21 AM
Affadavit eventually manages to tear his gaze away from his latest piece of work. "If this works it'll leave most of my previous creations worthless. What'll I do with them then?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 06:23 AM
Oh god! I'm so sorry! I forgot to do that! Hang on a second... Sunn walks over to the door, and places her fingertips onto it, and fiddles with it's nature. Ok, you should be able to make it transparent so you can talk to people without them getting in. I'm really really sorry, what if it had been Terrorem? I'm in your debt!

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:29 AM
"Thanks," she grins, before it fades away again. "Terrorem... I'll have to do something to make sure he'll leave me alone. You two aren't always there, try as you might..." She taps her fingers to her lips, turning the idea over in her head.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:33 AM
Profssor Affadavit starts pacing round the courtyard. "I can't just get rid of them, but they will be of little use to me." He stops, hit by inspiration. He smiles and leans on his walking stick. "They can stay here. That way they'll still be useful." He starts pacing again. "I'm getting ahead of myself again here."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 06:34 AM
If I find he has ever attacked you, or if he tries it with me, he will be a corpse. No-one touches my best-friend! Sunn says this angrily, which would normally be amusing because she is currently a gnome, until you remember that she was stomping craters into the ground the other day and almost punched one of the top KNAVES torturers through a wall.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:39 AM
Taibtha practically glows at this. She couldn't believe they'd sent Sunn to torture her. Probably a bad move on their part. The only thing they'd done was gain her a vehement and loyal friend.

"You know, if anyone ever asked us when we first became friends, they'd never believe the response," she says, laughing throughout the sentence.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:43 AM
Affadavit continues his pacing. "Who cares if I'm getting ahead of myself? The potential of this substance is incredible." He stops again and glances at the six blobs. They've grown slightly but still look the same. Affadavit's eye flickers. "Air...That might be a problem. They appear to be absorbing all the molecules that come in contact with them...Not dangerous but it might be hard to give them a hard outter shell if they're continuously expanding." He resumes his pacing, following this new line of thought.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 06:44 AM
Probably not. Although, I technically volunteered. So that I could spare anyone from Terrorem. Sunn replies, herself laughing. She was glad she met Tabitha, seeing as Tabitha was one of the nicest people ever. Stranger things have happened, I'm sure. Now, so sorry to bring it up again, but about this favor...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:48 AM
"Yes, please continue," Tabitha says, making a prompting gesture.

If only Sunn had known her better prior to being taken to KNAVES, she'd realize how formal Tabitha was acting. It was certainly something odd for her.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:51 AM
Affadavit taps his foot impatiently, eager to start work but reluctant in case he makes a mistake. "Maybe...In its solid state it won't react. The structure might not allow it." He resumes his pacing. "But how to keep it in its solid state?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 06:53 AM
Well, as I'm sure you know about me and Gabriel...well, basically we need someone to look after his little sister when we go on a date. I know some of the temples would look after her, but she is frightened of them, due to a traumatizing thing that happened in one. Sunn's eyes flash with anger- she knows what happened, and is not pleased. If she ever meets any of those priests, things will not go well for them.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:55 AM
"Evander and I would love to," Tabitha says, looking bright at the prospect. "Plus, that means more girl talk later, eh?"

She looks up, "Only... I'd have no idea where to take her. The tavern is a not-so-nice place... and the only place I ever really go is to the Temple of Inari."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:56 AM
Affadavit walks over the camouflaged plastic concealing his cannon. He looks down in surprise. "Damn! In all my excitement I completely forgot about that cannon." He taps it. "You lot nearly finished down there?"

One of the Jury members working down there replies in a muffled voice. "Our work is nearly done Master. We need a bit more time though."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 07:01 AM
Thank you, Tabitha. Yeah, Gabe and I know about Trog's- it is where she first got attacked. Sunn hisses between her teeth. That damn shadow freak. What right does he have? I thought you could take her somewhere, maybe. She is really nice, if a bit of a handful. You'd get along well with her. She'd probably like going to the park, or something. Sorry if this is too much, I don't mind, I'll find another way if you don't want to do it, even if the only other person I trust enough to look after her while Gabe and I are on a date is Aesa...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 07:03 AM
The plastic section slides back and Affadavit slips inside to inspect the changes to his cannon, he won't be emerging until his player gets back online.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 07:10 AM
Tabitha shakes her head, "Don't be silly. It's no trouble. We'll find somewhere nice for us to go."

Tapping her finger to her lips again, "Maybe, maybe, maybe we can convince her to let us take her along to Inari's... I won't make her go if she really ends up not wanting to, though. I just know that if she's like any little girl I've ever met, she'll love to see the foxes... " Then she lets out a chuckle, "I think they like to be fawned over sometimes."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 07:15 AM
Smiling, Sunn gives Tabitha a friendly hug. Thanks, Tabitha. I'm not sure you could convince to go to the temple...she is frightened of even going near one, and despite her age she is very powerful. I don't think Gabe would be happy if you took he to a temple either, and I don't want him mad at me. She thinks for a bit. Although, I think if you could let him talk to Fenric for a while he might relent.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 07:22 AM
"Yeah, no problem!" Tabitha blurts out at the hug, sounding much more like her usual self just then, too.

Recovering herself, she adds, "Anyway, I'm certain Fenric wouldn't mind talking to Gabe. And I'm sure she'd be very happy spending time there... they really seem to love children, too. It's overall a very wholesome place." She smiles, softly, hoping that everyone is doing alright there. Not that they'll fall apart in her absence or anything, but she still worried.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 07:24 AM
Sunn notices the change, and personally thinks: You are acting and sounding different from when you and I were talking in your cell...what did Aesa do to you? before saying: Thanks Tabitha.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 07:32 AM
"As I said, it's no problem." She grins and continues to walk down the hallway, glad to be able to move around a bit. In fact, she voices this, "I'm so glad I'm not cooped up right now. As much as I enjoy my work, I still have a bit of wanderlust."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 07:34 AM
Sunn, a little bit worried about the change, asks rather timidly, which is in no way normal for her: Umm, Tabitha, if you wouldn't mind, can you tell me exactly what Aesa did to you? You've been acting differently from when you were in the cell, and you're voice is slightly different, too.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 07:41 AM
"Hm?" Tabitha says, looking up a bit stunned. She then registers the complaint and understands what might be bothering Sunn, "Oh, I'm sorry, I suppose I should explain."

She smiles sheepishly, "I just... well, it's... If you knew me back home, you'd know how I am. I always act a bit younger than perhaps I should, unless something needs to be done. Aesa and I had a talk and I suppose I've just been feeling more... dutiful, I guess would be the word. Maybe that's the problem?" Raising a brow at Sunn, she waits for approval.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 07:46 AM
Still slightly worried, but trusting Tabitha, Sunn laughs and quips back: I never act my age, it would be very boring. I like it when you are acting younger than you should- it is one of the major similarities in our personalities!

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 07:50 AM
"Boring? Hardly. You are setting the trend for the other several thousand year-olds!" she teases, "You should learn to set a good example."

((Should be back in a few.))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 07:55 AM
((Blargh. Too late, I have school in the morning. See ya tomorrow, hopefully the forums won't screw over so we can get some more time. I'm debating on whether I should have Sunn tell Tabitha the true magnitude of her age, or just keep it vague. *shrugs*))

Nah, I could never do that! That's what Aesa is for. Laughing, she thinks to herself: Should I tell her my real age? Or should I keep it a secret? I'm not sure, it could frighten her.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:43 AM
((Sorry. The forums were on and off. Plus... schooling intervened. ^_^"...))

"Oh, but of course," is pretty much all Tabitha can think of to say. She continues to roam the halls a bit until she reaches the courtyard.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:46 AM
...I'm supposed to set a good example?
Aesa looks down at them from the walls, next to one of her infernals.
That thought scares even me.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:50 AM
Tabitha looks up to Aesa, raises a brow at the infernal, then lets it go.

"When did you-?..." Then she remembers the duplicates and lets that go, too. "Oh, right."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:52 AM
Aesa jumps down from the wall and lands hard on the ground, but doesn't seem hurt in the slightest.
So, what's planned for today?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:55 AM
"Research is nearly complete. We have a slight issue with the ceramic possibly overheating, making the frequency inaccurate, but we should be able to remedy it fairly soon," she says. She doesn't seem quite as excited about all this as she did earlier.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:57 AM
Aesa nods, thinking about it, then glances at Tabitha.
And then you'll be able to make what you're designing.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:01 AM
Tabitha nods, "Yes. Theoretically, it's more than possible. And just as potent as I'd thought it would be."

She twirls her staff lazily, having it on hand being standard procedure for her here. "Construction shouldn't take more than a few days... then testing... adjustment... that sort of thing."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:04 AM
Good. Glad to see things are working out.
Aesa tosses her magic rod, which then turns into her whip, which briefly changes into Zchiz (who cackles), and then catches a diamond scepter.
Hmmm... I feel like I have too many things to choose from.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:06 AM
Tabitha watches her switch back and forth, wondering what each one does. "What are your plans for today?" If the weapons were any indication, she wasn't sure she wanted to know.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 10:06 AM
Affadavit walks out from the pit, closing the cover behind him. "Now then...How to transport them." He walks back over to the six grey blobs which have grown considerably. "This thing is incredible..." He seems completely unaware of anything else.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:08 AM
I have no idea... but I haven't seen Signy much recently.
Aesa looks down, appearing a bit sad about that.
Perhaps I should see what she is up to.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:10 AM
"Signy? Who might that b-..." Tabitha catches sight of Random. She doesn't appear to be overly pleased. Awkward...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 10:12 AM
Professor Affadavit remains focused on the six grey blobs, already taking more notes. "Amazing, simply amazing."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:12 AM
Aesa notes Random and her mouth presses into a tight line. She leads their walk to the other side of the courtyard.
Signy is my daughter. Well, one of them- my family life is rather confusing...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:14 AM
"Aesa, I didn't even know you had a family," Tabitha comments, sounding slightly surprised.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 10:17 AM
Affadavit finally stops staring at the grey blobs. "Still need to sort out the formula...Shouldn't be a problem." He turns to start pacing around the courtyard again and notices Tabitha and Aesa. "Oh."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:18 AM
Aesa chuckles.
Verdandi, my sister, used to be the captain of the police force- she's now married to the current captain AND one of the former captains. Odd situation, that.
I've practically adopted... two... children...
Aesa trails off and shakes her head.
Through an accident- a literal accident- I've helped create three children through lab experiments. Signy is my only daughter in the sense most people think of the word, and her father is a vampire I live with- his name is Rafael.
And of course there is my father, Drottstund.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:19 AM
To Aesa's little family tree she replies, "Ah, I see. I've just only seen you a few places, like causing Maph'tey to explode, in the raid on Ba'al's home, and, well, here..."

She laughs, teasingly, "Remind me why I like you."

Tabitha bristles at Random a little, but doesn't really have much to say. Well, she did have a lot to say actually, but it wouldn't precisely be proper. If she were to curse, those would have been applied liberally. Namely because it was his fault she was here and in this mess.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:23 AM
Aesa grins widely.
Because disliking me is dangerous?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:24 AM
Tabitha really isn't sure whether to take that seriously or not. She sort of stands there with her mouth open momentarily then says, ever-so-simply, "Oh. Well, there is that."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:26 AM
Aesa chuckles at Tabitha.
You know, you should meet Signy sometime. I think you'd like her.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 10:27 AM
Affadavit sighs and quickly turns away. He looks down at his sword, then at the six grey blobs. "Life is never simple. There are always complications." His hand slowly moves towards his sword, then is quickly pulled away. "Don't be an idiot Random."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:29 AM
"I'm sure. I like most people, Aesa," she says, smiling.

Then she sort of frowns, raises her voice a bit, and adds, "Stupid as that has turned out to be." That may or may not have been directed at somebody in particular. *cough*

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:31 AM
Aesa rolls her eyes.
Sometimes it's not a good idea to assume everyone is your friend.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 10:35 AM
Affadavit deliberately ignores the comment. "Don't do anything." He continues to make notes on his latest piece of work.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:38 AM
Tabitha, thinking of no witty comebacks or taunts, decides to let it go. There really was no way to make that man understand or feel guilt for this. She would simply have to make him regret it by outdoing him somehow.

Turning to a different subject: "Aesa, I would like to know: How long do you think they'll be keen on keeping me here?" She watches for a reaction.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:40 AM
Aesa shrugs.
I have no idea, but... I'd guess they'll try and keep you here as long as possible.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:43 AM
"I see," she says, putting a hand on her chin and taking a few steps.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 10:43 AM
Affadavit bends down right next to one of the grey blobs. "What else are you hiding from me? By all rights you shouldn't even exist, and yet I managed it...There must be something else you can do." The grey blobs stubbornly remain silent.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:44 AM
Aesa puts her hands behind her back, considering what to say next.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 10:53 AM
After a slightly prolonged silence, Tabitha speaks, in a low voice, trying to make sure that Aesa is the only one to hear it, "I'd like to trust you, Aesa, but I don't know who's team you are on. You see what happened the last time." Her demeanor appears to have switched back to normal for that.

She sighs a bit and makes to go back inside, "I'm going to get back to work, I think. For a little while. There's really not much else to do." Perhaps the drug's effects were starting to weaken a little, though not entirely.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 10:54 AM
Affadavit suddenly smiles. "You can absorb matter with ease. What about Ba'al's sword?" He draws his sword and plunges it straight into the nearest grey blob. "This should be interesting." He leans back and waits.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 10:55 AM
Aesa nods, and stays where she is.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 11:03 AM
The door swings open at her touch, allowing her entrance to the workshop. It was kind of nice knowing that she could be semi-alone for a bit if she felt the need. Only Aesa and Sunn would really bother her there.

As she had said, she begins to work, this time using a piece of paper and a pencil. However she was going to use this technology, it had to fit into some sort of weapon or machine. The question is, what kind and how would it look?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 11:04 AM
Professor Affadavit slowly withdraws the sword, which is still in one piece. But so is the grey blob. "Interesting. So immortal weapons are unaffected by it, but it is unaffected. No wait, I can't prove that yet actually. I only used one weapon..." He drums his fingers on the sword.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 11:07 AM
Aesa leans against the castle wall, taking off her fez and looking down at it. She stares at it for a while, then glances up.
And notices her infernals guarding the walls.
Her jaw tenses, but she simply looks back down at the ground.
Neither side can trust me. They never have.
She flips the hat over in hands, flipping it again and again.
And I can't do anything about it.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 11:12 AM
Affadavit stares at the sword in his hands. "Life is never simple. Power practically throws itself at you then reveals a hidden price." He sheaths the sword. "But is that price too great? That sword enabled me to create these things...Maybe I can afford to pay the price."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 11:18 AM
Aesa glances over at Random, wondering exactly what he is doing.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 11:23 AM
Affadavit sighs again and stares at the six grey blobs. "I needed the sword to create you...Do I still need it?" He draws the sword again. "I feel like I need this sword. But do I?" With a little groan of frustration he freezes one of the grey blobs. He then sheaths the sword. "Hopefully I won't need the damn thing for a while now. Now leave them for a few minutes." He begins pacing round the courtyard.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 11:27 AM
You're sounding like Ba'al again...
Aesa's yellow eyes are fixed on Random, and her voice should carry to him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 11:48 AM
Looking over her potential plans, Tabitha begins to feel a tinge of guilt. Honestly, this was going to be a great deal more destructive than she should have allowed herself to build. Whatever had possessed her to make it? Oh, that's right. Pride.

She grimaces, realizing she can't stop working on it for the consequences of such. She could slow down the progress a bit... stretch it out. Perhaps no one would notice...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 11:50 AM
Affadavit looks round. "Well of course, that's one of the things this sword has done to me." He turns back to the grey blobs. "I'm a little busy right now."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 11:54 AM
With what?
Aesa stalks closer, her eyes narrowing.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 11:56 AM
Affadavit points at the six grey blobs. "These."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 11:57 AM
Aesa reaches out her senses and filters through her volumes of knowledge as she looks at them, trying to figure out what they are.
Even if she hasn't seen it before, it is quite likely that she'll understand what it is.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 11:58 AM
Tabitha puts the pencil down, mulling this over. In fact... if she carefully sabotaged the work... she could impede progress even further. That would buy her some time. It'd look like she was still working, after all, no one knew how long these things were supposed to take or what sort of problems might arise...

Her chest starts to feel a little tight at the thought, as though they were thoughts she should not be thinking.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 11:59 AM
((What if its something that has never existed before?))

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 12:02 PM
((Then she'll use her epic loremaster skills to figure out what it is anyways, like stated above?
She IS a master of divination in many ways, after all))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 12:07 PM
Affadavit has somehow managed to combine matter and anti-matter without the product being pure energy. "I call it dual matter. Interesting little substance. Had to break it down to a pre-atomic level in order to create the stuff. It has some interesting properties." He pokes the solid blob with a pencil, but it isn't absorbed. "Perfect...In its solid state it can't absorb matter or anti-matter." He pokes one of the liquid blobs and smiles as the pencil is simply absorbed into it.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 12:10 PM
Aesa raises an eyebrow.
Mostly at the fact that it is an impossibility- unless you're using some kind of really odd magic.
And so it does... what?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 12:17 PM
Affadavit grins. "This stuff really shouldn't exist, damn sword had something to do with it. But now that it does exist I intend to find a use for it." He stares at the blobs for a while. "I honestly don't know how it exists, possibly because I stuck the anti-neutrons outside of the nucleus, hence the thing isn't in equilibrium and hasn't become pure energy." His right eye flickers as he stares at the blobs. "There is the possibility that the two forms of neutron will eventuall collide, which will result in the substance's destruction."

((No old magic here, just a guy messing about with particles at their most basic level.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 12:18 PM
In fact... what if the vibrations got out of hand? They could potentially self-destruct, no? Or at least, whatever she put them in. That would certainly be a time consumer...

Her chest remains tight and her head starts to throb a little.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 12:19 PM
Aesa taps her foot and repeats her question.
So... what does it do?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 12:29 PM
Affadavit grins. "It absorbs all forms of matter and anti-matter, then breaks them down to a pre-atomic level and puts the parts in place. So don't touch the thing." He pats the solid one. "And too much energy makes the thing duplicate. I'm still trying to think of a way to get rid of the stuff in case something goes wrong."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 12:32 PM
Well I certainly wouldn't like to see one of your mad experiments kill us all.
Aesa tilts her head.
So... if too much energy makes it duplicate... then what happens if you drain it? Or can you?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 12:32 PM
Tabitha takes a deep breath. What was the problem? She's fine. She'll still be working. At least enough to keep them satisfied, surely. All she had to do was hold out for time as long as she could. Why had she been working so much for them in the first place? She mentally reminds herself why she needs to keep this in check.

Perhaps she'd talk to Sunn about it. She'll surely notice if things start mysteriously going wrong in the workshop. In fact, maybe she'd even help make sure that they could cover it up...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 12:36 PM
Affadavit looks a little surprised. "I'm trying to avoid using Ba'al's sword. I don't know if it allows me to drain energy, I haven't tried, nor am I going to." He consider what will happen if it is drained. "Best guess would be the thing splits back to matter and anti-matter, then combines in the normal way and disappears."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 12:37 PM
Should I try it out?
Aesa raises a hand, but awaits Random's affirmation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 12:40 PM
"I guess I should make sure it can be removed without difficulty. Go ahead, just don't drain the solid one." He pats the solid blob again and gets ready to take some notes.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 12:44 PM
Aesa nods.
Just for an explanation of how I'm doing this...
My magic inherently draws on different energies and manipulates them to make things work- there are different techniques I can employ to make it so that more finite sources are not drained in a finite fashion, which is what I do normally.
In this case, however, I intend to draw as much energy as I can from these blobs and then simply use that energy to do something else. We'll say... make a golem.
Aesa begins scribing white runes in the air, each one drawing energy a little at a time from the blob.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 12:50 PM
Affadavit makes a few notes and watches. The blob ripples and eventually seperates into matter and anti-matter which then combine to leave...nothing. Affadavit makes a few more notes. "Obviously if I decide to use these things for something I'll have to find a way of making sure that doesn't happen. But at the same time what stops them from being drained needs to be something that can easily be removed should something go wrong." He considers the five remaining blobs. "Could you move two of them so they come into contact with each other?"

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 12:53 PM
Aesa nods and considers the situation, then simply attempts telekinesis to shove one into the other, while preparing to fling up a wall of temporal disjunction in case something goes wrong.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 12:57 PM
The two blobs combine to form a very large blob, Affadavit makes a few more notes. "Interesting..." He taps his walking stick on the ground a few times. "Now if I wanted to make sure they couldn't be drained...Hmm. Difficult. And at the same time it needs to be easily removable." He starts pacing around the courtyard. "I'll leave that for now."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 01:04 PM
Aesa nods, looking up at the golem she crafted out of the stolen energy.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 03:48 PM
Sunn, who has roughly and hour before her player buggers off to school, is suddenly somewhat bored. As such, she jumps. Because her strength is being augmented by the Fury, this takes her roughly 50 meters into the air- she comes down and lands lightly next to Aesa.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 03:51 PM
Affadavit watches the blobs of dual matter as they slowly expand. "It's a good job there isn't that much of this stuff or breathing would be impossible."

Nightwing
2007-05-08, 03:55 PM
*Baron law teleports in*

I could not kill dark blade! I should have know that I could not infiltrate the police station! their were to many cops to fight!

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 03:56 PM
Aesa looks at Sunn, her expression a bit blank.
Hello.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 03:57 PM
Tabitha finds herself alone in the workshop. This being a good thing if she is going to go through with her plans, she tries to think what she could damage to cause the greatest amount of delay.

This was going to be hard, considering just about everything could be remade. For once, this was a huge inconvenience.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 03:57 PM
Morning. How would you be today, Aesa? We haven't had much chance to talk. Sunn grins, treating Aesa just like any of her friends- the list she puts Aesa in within her mind.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 03:58 PM
I'm fine.
Aesa's tenseness and distant eyes might say otherwise, however.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 04:00 PM
Affadavit begins his pacing again. "Do I need more than one sample? No...Should the others be destroyed?" He shivers at the word and glances at his sword. "Yes. If only to keep this simple. One sample will be enough for what I intend to do. However recreating this dual matter would be incredibly hard. Will I need it for other purposes?" He stops and leans on his walking stick. "No."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 04:02 PM
Not that I ever believe you when you say something like that. Sunn stretches slightly. Now, Aesa, I happen to have a favor to ask. You are the only person apart from Tabitha whom I trust enough, but Tabitha could be in here for a while so I thought I'd ask you as well.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 04:04 PM
Aesa glances at Sunn.
And that might be...?

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 04:04 PM
Sir Conviction awakens from dead time and looks around the courtyard.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 04:07 PM
Affadavit resumes his pacing. "Creations made out of this substance will be far more powerful than the current ones. Creating too many of them could be a problem. My normal creations are capable enough." He taps his walking stick as he walks. "Maybe I only require one. But I still need to cover its weakness."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 04:11 PM
I'd like to spend some time with a friend. She indicates that this is going to be a date. However, we need someone to look after his little sister. Should Tabitha remain here too much longer, I would like you to look after her if it isn't too much trouble. She is fairly easy to get along with, and shouldn't be much trouble. She also has some powers you might be interested in. I trust you enough, you can be certain of that, Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 04:13 PM
Aesa, interestingly, brightens up.
Little sister? How old is she?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 04:15 PM
Tabitha looks nervous and undecided. Luckily there is no one there to see it. Perhaps... perhaps she should let the tuning forks decide. Carefully adjust them until they hit a certain frequency, magnify it to do some damage.

Then again, if she was found out... She'd have to do this right. Perhaps now was not the best time. Perhaps when she'd begun building instead of just research.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 04:16 PM
Affadavit slowly grins. "Yes, I only need one. the other creations won't be that much more useful if they are made of that substance anyway." He walks back over to the four grey blobs, the solid one having melted by now.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 04:18 PM
She is seven, and incredibly outgoing. Very friendly, though. Sunn smiles at Aesa. If you don't want to look after her, I don't mind.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 04:19 PM
Aesa just grins.
As long as I'm in a normal mood, I'll be fine with it.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 04:23 PM
I'm glad. Just so you know, she is incredibly powerful for her age. It's kind of frightening. Sunn smiles, though- Lakshmi would never intentionally harm someone, but she does have trouble controlling her power.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 04:24 PM
Aesa nods.
My daughter used to be the same way, but I helped her with it.

Nightwing
2007-05-08, 04:27 PM
*law runs up to conviction*

I could not capture dark blade! I cant fight the whole police force! hat do you suggest?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 04:27 PM
Affadavit stares at the blobs and groans. "I really don't want to use this but..." He draws his sword and teleports the grey blobs to his laboratory. "I needed to move them elsewhere." He sheaths the sword again.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 04:28 PM
Oh, you have a daughter? That's nice, Lakshmi doesn't have many friends. It's rather upsetting, actually. She has been attacked in Trog's twice that I know of. Sunn looks rather sad...someone Lakshmi's age shouldn't have to put up with that.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 04:31 PM
Aesa chuckles.
I have a daughter, another two daughters and a son that were created- one in a lab accident, and the other two in lab conditions to recreate the accident, which we needed to do to try and figure out how to help the first one and I also have an adopted son and daughter from one of my former lovers.
I'm sure she could find a friend somewhere in the mix.

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 04:32 PM
Conviction shrugs. "Give it up, for now. He's basically safe as long as he's in that cell." He makes a gesture with his hand and his steed Nightmare rides up to him, appearing out of nowhere. "But he can't stay in there forever. Show patience."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 04:37 PM
Sunn grins cheerfully. Thanks, Aesa. Now, if I didn't enjoy having full use of my face, I'd hug you to show thanks. As such, I'll just have to say thank you again.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 04:38 PM
Affadavit decides to stop doing the mad scientist routine and glances over at Sir Conviction. "Nice horse. Where did you get it?"

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 04:39 PM
Aesa smirks.
I'm not that intimidating, am I?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 04:39 PM
Having decided that now is not the time to sabotage her own work, Tabitha tries to consider what to put her work in to sabotage later.

What sort of machine or weapon would this best work in? If she ever succeeded in finsihing it...

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-08, 04:49 PM
((School. Be back in roughly 6 hours.))

No, but I'm still remembering when you turned part of my face to stone. That kind of thing leaves an impression. You're still my friend, though! Giving Aesa a quick hug in any case, she teleports off into the lab where she helps Tabitha.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 04:52 PM
Aesa smiles, in a bit better mood now. She looks up at the golem she made, and decides to find someone to give it to.

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 04:56 PM
((Gah, my internet is being all..weird...))

Sir Conviction turns to Affidavit. "I met him by chance when we were both but foals," he replies, waxing poetic.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:01 PM
Affadavit walks over and moves to pat the horse on its side. "That is one fine horse you've got there. I must admit I feel a little jealous. I've never needed a horse, but even I wouldn't mind having one as fine as that around." The funny thing is he's being completely serious.

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 05:06 PM
Conviction pauses for a moment. "I see. Er...thanks. And its unlikely you'll find anything exactly like Nightmare. He was an experiment. I'm not entirely sure how he was made. Some kind of genetic splicing of a warhorse, a devil, and a hell hound."

Nightmare turns his head to eye Affidavit. The horse moves around to face him, and begins to sniff Affidavit.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:09 PM
Affadavit smiles at the horse. "A very interesting combination. Sounds like the kind of thing I'd do to be honest, messing about with DNA is a sort of hobby of mine." He snorts slightly as the horse sniffs him. "Whoa, careful there. You might damage my eye!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:13 PM
Scrriiiitch.

Tabitha lazily draws a line on the paper. When she looks down at it, she realizes it reminds her of something.

Scritch. Scritch. Scritch.

Tabitha continues to work, but has turned to something else. She seems pretty pleased to be working on it, too.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 05:14 PM
Aesa goes up to Tabitha's room and knocks once before passing through the door.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:18 PM
Scritch scritch scritch - WHUMPF!

Tabitha promptly fell off of her chair in surprise at the sound of the knock, the paper floating a few feet away. The pen rolls under a desk. And Tabitha now sits rubbing a sore spot on her rump.

"Oww oww..."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 05:22 PM
Aesa chuckles a bit.
Sorry, didn't mean to break your concentration like that.

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 05:26 PM
Nightmare backs of a step, apparently having found Affidavit acceptable.

"Yes, it has resulted in some..." The horse suddenly leaps into the air. A pair of red and bat-like wings sprout from the creature's back. He begins to slowly fly around the compound, circling it. "...interesting abilities."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:28 PM
Tabitha notices that it is Aesa with mild disappointment. However, she covers it pretty well. Any sort of look can easily be turned into a grimace when you are in pain.

"S'okay. I was just a little involved. It makes me skittish if I get surprised in the middle of it."

That and she'd been planning to destroy what she made. She hopes Aesa didn't read minds. Really really really hopes.

She stands, still rubbing her lower back a bit and then tries to get ahold of her paper again. The pen would come next.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:28 PM
Affadavit watches the horse with interest. "I imagine that is pretty useful at times. You'll be telling me it can breath fire next."

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 05:32 PM
"And consumes it, both in the place of regular sustenance and to heal." Sir Conviction grins, watching Nightmare fly about the area.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 05:35 PM
Aesa does in fact read minds.
But not all the time- makes things less unexpected and therefore more boring.

Aesa nods and moves curiously over to Tabitha, trying to see what she was drawing.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 05:43 PM
Affadavit continues to watch. "Is it just me or does pratically everything use fire in some way these days? I mean, everybody here seems to use it or have control over it." He grins slightly. "Even I can control it...If I use my sword." He shudders and goes back to watching the horse.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:43 PM
Aesa may catch a glimpse the schematics of a ship, including some of the inner gear workings, before Tabitha snatches it back up.

"I got distracted." She laughs. "It's hard to keep your mind on work sometimes."

That hadn't been the problem really and the distraction was still welcomed. However, this was probably the best way to explain it.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 05:44 PM
Oh I quite agree, and there is no point in being unproductive while you're distracted. What is that?
Aesa tilts her head curiously, trying to get another glimpse.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 05:53 PM
"Just a pet project, nothing spectacular," she says, clutching it rather closely. The last thing she wanted to do was be forced to make one of her dreams into a weapon. It was probably a horrid idea to have allowed herself to write it out here.

To try and divert attention, she decides to pose a question, "I was rather stumped in my work to be frank. I am not sure how I wish to utilize what we've discovered. In some sort of cannon would be the obvious answer, but it could also be used in a hand-held weapon perhaps... I'm just simply not sure where to put it."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 05:57 PM
Aesa thinks about it.
Well, what exactly is it, first off? I never did learn the concept of it. Something about sound?

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 06:00 PM
"I guess its one of those cliche villain things. Protracted monologues, black cloaks...control over fire." Conviction looks over at Affidavit. "Using your sword, you say? You have some kind of magical sword, then?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:03 PM
Affadavit groans. "I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it." He draws the sword and takes a few experimental swipes at the air. His voice gets noticably deeper and seems more menacing somehow. "This is no magic sword. It belonged to a God of destruction. I stole it and it grants me considerable powers."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 06:06 PM
State descends from the armory, swinging his baton in a circular motion.

"K.N.A.V.E. scientists! REPORT! What accomplishments have we made?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:20 PM
In the workshop, Tabitha tries to explain it simply to Aesa, glad to see a change of subject.

"Something about sound... not quite. It's about reaching the natural frequency of an object with enough intensity. When the natural frequency is reached it's like..."

She rather trails off, not sure of how to compare it to something nicely. It really didn't work for anything useful apart from, well, weaponry.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:21 PM
Affadavit sighs as he hears State's voice booming out. Still holding the sword he turns to answer. "Nothing interesting from me yet sir. I've increased the manouverability of my cannon and have started work on something that might be useful in the near future." He sheaths the sword. "But based on my current condition you should expect some delays."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 06:24 PM
"It's true, it's true. I expect too much."

State pats Random on the back appraisingly.

"Have you seen War around? He still deserves something for his mind-control gas, but it's like he's hiding from me."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:35 PM
"Afraid not State. No idea where he is. I'll have something interesting soon enough but right now sorting out this sword is more important." He taps the sword on his belt. "Just as a warning, don't be surprised if I seem to be absent for a few days. Might not happen but I thought I'd better warn you in advance."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:36 PM
"Anyway, just think about it for me, hm?"

Rather afraid that Aesa might pick up on her intentions, Tabitha leaves, tucking her little paperwork into her tunic. She begins to wander the halls again, wondering where she might go next in this building.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 06:39 PM
"You deserve a lengthy vacation, necessity or not. I eagerly await the deployment of the cannon."

State strolls off into the courtyard, looking at the two port-cullises.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:42 PM
Arram, having amazing stealth abilities considering that he is seemingly able to move about freely, smiles charmingly at State, "How goes things?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:42 PM
Affadavit follows. "Let me just explain. The cannon is ready for use at any time now, but I've decided to keep the cover over it as a 40 ft tall cannon might attract some unwanted attentionif its visible. And it doesn't look nice in the courtyard, it looks out of place. So keeping it hidden makes the whole place look better." He stops following State and pauses to consider what to do next.

Nightwing
2007-05-08, 06:44 PM
*Baron Law goes up to State*

I could not fight the whole police force sir. but I bring back news. I am guessing thy will try to attack us. thy wont leave an officer to die. we must prepare.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 06:46 PM
"We can barter with them easily."

He motions to the cannon.

"Not only do we possess defensive capabilities beyond their offensive, but we also have the ability to hold captive more than just one puny police officer."

He grins.

"After all, I doubt one would be willing to sacrifice a church or two, maybe a slum neighborhood for one girl."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:47 PM
Affadavit can't help but hear this. "Yeah but the police don't have a dirty great big cannon just waiting to be fired do they? I don't think they'll want to anger us when we can shell any location in the town at will!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:48 PM
Arram sighs, realizing he does not take precedence at this time. Apparently his dealings would have to wait until the more urgent matters were resolved.

Nightwing
2007-05-08, 06:50 PM
*He smiles*

So that is the reason my god is your biggest fan (he even has the trading card). that is why I joined. I was sent by my god to serve you.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 06:56 PM
Instead, Arram slicks back his hair while he watches how State handles his subordinates. This was always entertaining for him.

Tabitha, on the other hand, appears to be heading out to the courtyard herself. Somehow, she just didn't want to go back down into the Scar. Apart from that, there wasn't much else, was there?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 06:59 PM
Affadavit feels a little bored so he decides to go back to pacing around the courtyard. "Whilst I don't approve of everyone we hire I suppose they all have their uses."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 07:13 PM
Aesa 'hms' as she watches Tabitha go.
Tabitha was hiding something- it was obvious, since Aesa was so skilled at hiding things herself.
She didn't quite know what though.

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 07:16 PM
Sir Conviction comes out of his brief spurt of dead time and looks around the courtyard, then up at his flying horse. A sharp whistle, and Nightmare flaps down to his master. The bat-like wings reabsorb back into his flanks, and he trots over to Conviction.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 07:27 PM
Affadavit turns his gaze back to the horse. He seems strangely fascinated by it. He drums his fingers on his walking stick as he watches Nightmare.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 07:39 PM
Creeeeaaakk....

That was the door as Tabitha opens it very very slowly. She comes to the realization that the sound might have been less obvious if she'd opened it less inconspicuously, as odd as that sounds.

Looking around she notices a great deal more people than usual, Conviction, Random, some metal guy, Arram... Arram?!

With that she carefully stays in the shadow of the door. Not that Arram was more frightening than anyone else, simply that he was one of the last people she wanted to see.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 07:44 PM
The sound gets Affadavit's attention. He turns round and spots the open door. His right eye flickers as he stares straight at it. "Now, I wonder who could possibly be behind that door." He grins and waves at the shadows, not sure exactly where Tabitha is.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 07:46 PM
Aesa flips her rod to herself and goes back outside to her golem, pondering it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 07:49 PM
An enchanted gear flies out from behind the door with the sole intent of trying to whack Random in the back of the head.

This of course, causes Arram to snicker. "Still spiteful as always I see."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 07:54 PM
State whips around and lunges. He grabs the gear, and it grinds into his hand with a terrible grating metal ring.

"Now, I can't have you hurting the head of one of my best scientists. He's a grand asset."

However, it slips out and continues to fly.

"Wha?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 07:54 PM
It whacks him in the back of the head. He growls and reaches for his sword, then stops himself. "What was that for?" His right eye flickers again as he continues to stare at the doorway.

((Uh, don't mean to be a pain but I'd prefer it if it did hit Random...Something interesting may happen in the near future.))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 07:56 PM
((Edited))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 08:07 PM
The gear actually seems pretty adamant about hitting him. Again. And again... and again if it can manage. Pretty much as many times as possible.

Arram simply leans back and watches, obviously amused as shown in his grin, still charmingly smiled.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 08:10 PM
Professor Affadavit tries to ignore it but eventually draws his sword and tries to cut the gear in half. "You still haven't answered my question."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 08:14 PM
"That was for being a conniving manipulative underhanded weasel of a-!!!" and at this Tabitha just strings into some gnomish profanities. She was a bit tired of being a good sport about all of this. And Random's arrogant acceptance of it had just about done it for her.

The gear continues to try and evade and just whack at him, more out of frustration than any desire to commit real harm.

Diederick arrives shortly thereafter, twitching a little at the various curses that greet his ears. "Is she...?"

"Oh, indeed." If there were popcorn, Arram would be reclining and watching the show with a snack.

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 08:20 PM
Conviction shakes his head and sighs. "How are we ever supposed to get anything done if we can't go five minutes without breaking out into infighting?"

Meanwhile, Nightmare looks with confusion from Tabitha to Affidavit, wondering why they're fighting.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 08:23 PM
Professor Affadavit sighs, using his sword to block the gear. He was getting quite annoyed as well. "I have had enough of this. Consider yourself damn lucky I didn't decide to kill you. I even let your bodyguard go. Consider how much worse it could've been if someone like Terrorem had been the one to capture you!" He erupts in flames, his right eye spinning wildly."If someone else had managed to bring you in then Evander wouldn't be in one piece. I was far more merciful than some people would've been!" He calms down a little, still blocking the gear with his sword but making no attempt to get rid of it.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 08:24 PM
State, fed up in typical totalitarian manner, strides over to Tabitha, takes a debilitating crack downward with his baton, and reels back, ready to continue a more hands-on method of opression.

"Silence."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 08:26 PM
A shield of force blocks State's baton.
Excuse the interruption...
Aesa fades in behind the shield.
...but Tabitha is under my protection, and she is under my jurisdiction right now...

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 08:30 PM
He sheathes the baton, but points a warning finger at Aesa.

"And Affadavit is under mine. I cannot tolerate any infighting, and aggressors deserve to be punished."

He looks back to Affadavit.

"And if you two can talk like normal people, then I suppose I will have no need to bicker with Verdict."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 08:31 PM
Tabitha raises her staff above her head to block herself from being hit. She had rather been prepared for someone to come around from behind the door.

However, she hadn't exactly expected Aesa to step in. The gear falls to the ground at her break in concentration, as she really hadn't put much force behind it.

Damon
[Yes! Caught Necro]

"So who is this man I am to be seeing about this name. Jolly Rodger was it? Is that to be my code name or something?" This is when a human would raise an eyebrow in confusion. Yes having no skin or muscle to raise said bone, it is implyed.

Gnrlshrimp
Affadavit growls at State. "I have done nothing yet, nor do I intend to. However Tabitha and I need to discuss this...Better sooner than later in my opinion."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 08:34 PM
Orwell springs back to life.

"Jolly Roger, yes. It's normally not allowed, but I just found it too good of a...well, code name is a good term for it, to throw out with the trash."

He hands the other skeleton a few forms, one detailing uniform (free hat!), and one detailing duties. Pretty much the usual drivel about acting as a freelance police force.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 08:37 PM
Tabitha, go back to your room.
Aesa's voice leaves her no options.

Damon
2007-05-08, 08:38 PM
"Hmm...hmm....hmm OOH! A hat!" Dawkins exclaims in suprise. "What is this hat I read of? Do i get to choose a hat of my liking?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 08:38 PM
Tabitha murmurs, rather directed at State in response to her agression, "Hardly anywhere near what he deserves..."

She knows she probably shouldn't let out any cheeky little remarks considering what sort of footing she's on, but she just refused to keep silent on this one.

Arram merely waits, reminiscent of a hawk watching his prey squirm about on the ground. This was partially why he'd enjoyed keeping her around.

Diederick just stands with his chin parallel to the ground, wondering what this is all about and how much trouble she's going to manage to get into.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 08:43 PM
At this point Affadavit realises he has used the sword...again. "If I didn't know better I'd swear this sword was orchestrating events to make me use it." He swears and curses loudly for a long period of time and sheaths his sword.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 08:44 PM
"Indeed you do. We have a storehouse full'a the things."

State passes by, raising a fist and quoting his oft-repeated catchphrase:

"After all, the law must always look SPIFFY!"

Orwell points a thumb sarcastically.

"Yeah, that."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 08:47 PM
Aesa taps her foot and wait.

Damon
2007-05-08, 08:48 PM
"Uhh Hu." Dawkins stated, slightly puzzled. "So...let me get this staight ANY hat?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 08:51 PM
Tabitha cringes at the tapping. She was being treated like a child again. As good as that was for playing on people's sympathies, she hated it at this point.

However, considering that there wasn't much choice if she tried to dig her heels in on this, since everyone here had more fighting power than she did, particularly Aesa, she decides to leave on her own two feet.

But she doesn't look happy about it as she begins to walk back towards the workshop.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-08, 08:51 PM
As soon as Affadavit sheaths his sword there is a loud cracking as three of his ribs shatter. He collapses to the floor, writhing in agony. "Dammit...AAARGH!" He grabs the sword and the pain instantly leaves him. "Too late. Seems I'm stuck with this thing now."

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 08:53 PM
Aesa glances at Affadavit and follows Tabitha, obviously uncaring about his predicament.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 08:56 PM
Tabitha bristles at the sound and looks back, wondering if she should investigate. The closely following Aesa rather changes her mind.

Arram raises a brow, his grin having faded away. Apparently the fun was over thus far. And it is replaced by random Random screaming. Wait... what was the problem? Oh, right. Pretending to care. He was getting so used to doing that in court.

Diederick looks taken about and moves forward a bit to perhaps help the man, but stops when it looks like Random has things covered. It would have been kind of awkward at this point to rush to his aid anyway.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 08:59 PM
An antiscrying field falls over Aesa again.
The conversation, to those attempts, turns back to beans.
As much as I'd like to watch you beat the crap out of that little weak-willed scientist, it might best be left for another time.
Aesa is scowling, but not at Tabitha.
It's also best if you appear to be under my control when State is around.

Gnrlshrimp
Affadavit stands, sword still in hand. "Great, just great. I knew I should've stopped using that sword. Too late now." He slams his sword into the ground in frustration. "Nothing I can do about it I suppose." He stares at the sword, deep in thought. "I've had enough of this. I don't care if all my ribs snap, I'm going to stop using you right now." He walks off to the research section, locking the door behind him. Shortly afterwards there are several screams of pain, then silence as dead time mercifully engulfs Affadavit.

NecroPaladin
"...Any hat."

Orwell looks at him, in the same quizzical manner that could have been that Dawkins had given him.

"Why do you ask?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:03 PM
Matching her tone, Tabitha decides to ask an unasked question, "State... that's who that is? Oh, and tell me, if you can destroy anything and everything in the place in an instant, why don't you shut this place down?" Apparently, she was taking no prisoners today.

Tabitha is just scowling in general. Things were not going well. And Diederick and Arram were here. The last two people she wanted to see. Even over Terrorem. Well... they were right up there with Terrorem.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:06 PM
Because I find it too interesting, and destroying things is never the best option.
Aesa's voice is frustrated at herself, and she also seems to be trying to justify her decision.

Damon
2007-05-08, 09:07 PM
"Well see. The first hat that comes to mind for me, a pirate hat! Well, not to be a werido, but I'm never the one for the predictable. I mean, why would you want a hat like that when their are MILLLIONS!. Like a top hat for example. Or those red one with the white balls on the end worn during that holiday. Ooh or a bowler. Dawkins whimsily though about. Listing that hats he wished to wear.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 09:10 PM
"It's your choice, really."

Orwell shrugs.

"You could probably be cleared to choose more than one, although most of us choose just one for the icon's sake."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:11 PM
Tabitha just sniffs at this response and remains silent for the rest of the way.

Arram watches the break up of the little crowd and smiles charmingly again, "So, Clergyman State, is it? I don't know that we've been able to see much of one another. I think perhaps we should discuss business."

Diederick just wonders what sort of madhouse they were working with, considering pretty much everyone had just had a little tiff with one another before one wanders off to scream by himself for awhile, Tabitha gets led away like a child to bedtime, and a talking skeleton is chattering about hats as their leader, a 7 ft tall metal monster, is being spoken to by his own boss.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:14 PM
Aesa, quite frustrated with the situation and herself, takes her frustration out on the wall.
After slamming a punch into it, there is a nice, long crack and dent.
It probably makes a loud sound that echoes down to the others.

Damon
2007-05-08, 09:14 PM
"Ohh, or a fez. Jolly Roger said before actually noticing Orwells comment. "Ahh no, don't want to break the uniform look ey wot. (Why am I giving him that accent?) "Is anyone currently WEARING a Top Hat. Don't wanna be a copy anyone or anything"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 09:18 PM
The crack in the wall, unlike most cracks in the KNAVE walls, does not heal up due to Aesa's rather nasty powers.

State notices the sound briefly, but turns to Arram.

"What did you wish to discuss about our agreement? We have the girl, Tabitha."

"I don't think so. Verdict's wearing a fez, but top hat...no. Ain't no one that has one of those."

Orwell appears to be thinking, but on 'no' he quirks a finger.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:23 PM
Arram raises his eyebrows. "I've noticed. The part of our agreement I wish to discuss is the idea that she was to be captured and returned to us. Her work for a time would be payment. I'd like to work out the particulars." He still smiles rather confidently.

Diederick... decides he'll remain shut up for the time being.

Tabitha, in the hallway, jumps back a little at the punch. She doesn't bother to ask what it was about. Instead, she just picks up the pace a bit.

Warpfire
2007-05-08, 09:24 PM
"Whole place has gone mad..." Conviction mutters, then leaps atop Nightmare and rides out of the compound.

Damon
2007-05-08, 09:27 PM
"Sir, sign me up for one top hat. Now upon skimming this I noticed a scale must be shown. I'm thinking maybe have ths scale sticking out of he hat. Were a feather would be, only much smaller. As for the Tabbard. How about I wear the tabbard with my jacket over it, gotta keep the pirate look. If that all clears Jolly Roger moves on. "So I assume we are all granted the position of Soldados and from their our skills will be assesed?

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 09:28 PM
"You got it all right with me, at least."

Orwell grins and shakes Jolly Roger's hand.

"Welcome to K.N.A.V.E.S."

"I would rather speak of it with her caretaker Verdict, as well as her captor, Affadavit. They know more of what she can achieve in any amount of time."

State briefly ponders whether she is a great enough asset to warrant keeping her for KNAVES, but eventually decides to consider it with more thought later. He twirls his baton absentmindedly.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:29 PM
Aesa keeps following Tabitha, but puts her hands in her pockets so she won't be tempted to hit anything else.

Damon
2007-05-08, 09:35 PM
Jolly Roger gives the old John Handcock and the two skeletons shake hands. "Glad to be on your team sir. If their any missions or such. I'd like to get a move on right away."

[If you have a mission I'll read it later]

Suddenly dead time prods Jolly Roger in the ribs, taking its effect.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:36 PM
Arram breaks into a grin again, "I take it that man she was venting her frustrations upon was Affadavit?"

Tabitha enters the workshop and takes a seat, rather in a strange mood. She couldn't help it. She was still wondering if Random was alright. She also couldn't help being infuriated that she still cared if he was alright or not.

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:38 PM
Aesa goes into the workshop and shuts the door behind herself, dropping into a chair.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 09:39 PM
"Of course it was. I doubt a little thing like her would have so much spite for anything but the one who brought her in."
State doesn't look at Arram, instead just crossing his arms behind his back and continuing to lope about as he often does.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-08, 09:48 PM
Arram keeps up without much trouble. "You'd be surprised," he retorts with a chuckle.

Diederick scratches the back of his head at this. "He's not kidding..." he murmurs. He remembers a few occasions that definitely rivaled this one. Involving himself.

Tabitha moves to her desk in silence and lays her head down on it, not really wanting to ask Aesa for a place to sleep at this point and time. She soon falls into sleep, feeling exhausted from another long day.

((Deadtime.))

AmberVael
2007-05-08, 09:49 PM
((Err... Tabitha's workshop was created within a room.
Meh, oh well))
Aesa vanishes.

darkblade
2007-05-08, 09:55 PM
Er'n begins pacing around her cell looking for some means of escape. Likely finding none.
((It probably wasn't the best idea to get both my Chars locked in prisons))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-08, 09:56 PM
((I'd suggest making a new one. I made Deckard and Dexter because State was supposedly dead and Namesake was locked up.))

darkblade
2007-05-08, 09:58 PM
((Yeah I guess I will))

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-08, 11:43 PM
Sia slouches against the wall of her cell in the Scar, fiddling with her amulet.

Goblin Music
2007-05-08, 11:49 PM
Shadow Spy appears and starts wandering

Nevrmore
2007-05-09, 12:39 AM
The twisted face of Magister Terrorem peers through the bars, looking at the new inmates.

"What a delicate little flower...." He says mockingly towards Sia, "What could they possible have you in here for?"

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-09, 12:49 AM
Sia glares at him through the bars and stands. Go f*** yourself.