PDA

View Full Version : Durkulas - what if?

grandpheonix
2015-08-18, 07:49 AM
What if Durkula is making more vampires so even if he dies (is caught/ whatever) so that there will be more of Hel's minions wandering the planet that the order wont know about? What if he is playing a numbers game? At this point he could have two additional vamps, which could at the point of raising, begin making more, and then they all turn their sights on Durkons home? A dwarven metropolis that is underground with tunnels? A high enough population? The ability to Dominate as may times as they want? They could be eating the dwarves like they were cattle.

Just something thats been rattling in my brain for the past few weeks or so.

Peelee
2015-08-18, 08:35 AM
A.) What does it matter if the Order knows? They're not the only heroes in this world, and they have bigger fish to fry at the moment

B.) The whole "in case i die" bit is nice but unnecessary; vamping a bunch of clerics means that he is the general of a vampire army while alive. Or, uh, undead.

Bitzer
2015-08-18, 03:13 PM
I could easily see this being part of Hel's plan. While vamping the stone clerics seems more attack of opportunity than planned, it would make sense for Hel to unleash a horde of vampires on the subterranean dwarves. The sun wouldn't be an issue and she would deprive Thor of a great many followers while increasing her strength if the attack were to succeed.

Morquard
2015-08-21, 05:25 PM
It's like HPoH told Durkon. Most high level clerics aren't dumb enough to succumb to undeath, much less undeath that retains spellcasting.
And then he runs into a cleric who can cast at least 5th level spells (possibly higher) and is dumb enough to tell HPoH that he's out of spells... He just couldn't resist.

NerdyKris
2015-08-21, 05:42 PM
Yeah, the way he reacts to the news of the priest not having any high level spells left implies that he didn't anticipate such a situation at all. It was a moment of opportunity, but most likely not part of Hel's original plan.

Father Miles
2015-08-21, 06:58 PM
Why did the scorpion sting the frog? Because it was his nature.