PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Scooby-Doo D&D adventure?

songsinh1241
2015-08-19, 02:19 AM
(Real quick, I'm sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here. It seems like it's okay, but I'm sorry if it isn't).

I need to take my players past level 15 (we're in the middle of PotA right now, I want to give them a taste of higher levels afterwards though). Current idea: go investigate spooky going-ons in mansion, Old Man Jenkins is behind it all. When they pull off the mask of the spooky ghost: "it's Old Man Jenkins! You just pulled his face off and he's still alive OH GOD HE'S SHOOTING NECROTIC ENERGY INTO YOUR BODIES YOU'RE SLOWLY DECOMPOSING HE'S A LICH OH GOD RUN!".

Other ideas: Running through hallway: "you're running from the Lich. Now you're chasing the Lich. Now you're carrying the Lich. Now he's carrying you. You notice you're continuously running through the same room. Now the Harlem Globetrotters are here too."

Does anyone have any other ideas for this?

Songsinh

Brookshw
2015-08-19, 01:03 PM
A halfling werewolf berserker running around trying to fight things/party.

Some form of puzzle trap that can only be bypassed by accuiring scooby snacks (maybe having to provide a certain food to some creature for a clue). Speaking of which, maybe place one of the snacks in an old broken down wagon painted green with faded lettering on the side. Bonus points if it includes four human and one dog skeleton in it.

You need background for why it's old man Jenkins. Speaking of which have them meet Jenkins earlier in the adventure and watched him get killed (he'll just lich reform later after all).

Edit: oh, shut down divinations hard or any mystery might end up being too easy. Consider placing the adventure on a demiplane where divination doesn't work perhaps.

xroads
2015-08-19, 04:23 PM
If there is a celebrity (well known hero), in your campaign have them mysteriously show up in the area and end up wrapped up in solving the mystery with the party.

Alternatively, have a hero from a completely different campaign/realm make a cameo (ex. Conan the Barbarian).

Telonius
2015-08-19, 06:42 PM
Villain Competition judges, please don't read...

My most recent entry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19662145&postcount=66) for the Villain Competition can definitely be adapted to a Scooby-Doo sort of campaign. It's a Phasm who disguises himself as the town drunk. The whole town is profiting off of the legends the monster is creating, so there's all sorts of chances for investigation and red herrings.

BootStrapTommy
2015-08-19, 08:16 PM
Include Batma... I mean a wizard.

Telonius
2015-08-19, 09:43 PM
A young Kender and an anthropomorphic puppy, both with the Abrasive trait.

nedz
2015-08-20, 02:41 PM
Purists wouldn't use the annoying puppy DMPC; but do go for the goofy dog DMPC.

Otherwise the plot should just be a straightforward mystery. I wouldn't make it too long, this sort of comedic interlude gets old after precisely one session.