PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Warhammer 40k system Input Welcome

arixe
2015-08-19, 07:33 AM
So I'm Posting this thread in hopes that people with more home brew experience can help me refine my system to the point of being play testable.

It is a warhammer 40k 3.5 system that takes its frame work from pathfinder which is a fact i hope i can steer away from and hopefully make this a fairly unique 3.5 system. things I'm still working out are a full skills array i have used pathfinder skills in descriptions of items but haven't made a full skill list.

The dreadnaught needs alot of overhaul it is in dire need of flavor and technical fine tuning. right now balance is the least of my worries I'm aware the weapons are insanely unballanced in damage. i need ideas for Power and energy weapons as well as a psyker class as the librarian and the grey knight. Any suggestions for equipment is also welcome. I'm hoping i attract some hard core 40k's I have other races planned but not drawn up yet. i will begin those when I'm comfortable with the space marines. No new feats are planned as far as ranged weapons go treat them in the D20 modern rules. i will create a core rule book after I've hashed out the details and found what parts of each system i like.

Space Marines
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yXcWaKpsXGm00hB9C1DJVe50Vymiww6X0qCo2tKHepI/edit?usp=sharing

khadgar567
2015-08-19, 09:41 AM
cant access the link

arixe
2015-08-19, 09:49 AM
cant access the link

that should fix it thank you for pointing it out

arixe
2015-08-19, 07:13 PM
So first thing I want to fine tune is the race of the space marine them selves. I went with a very human like race with some added things I would like input to make the space marine more balanced/flavor full. I'll be throwing together a check list of things I need to complete and wish list of thing I hope get implemented in future content updates ex. tyrnids, orcs, necron, and other races

arixe
2015-08-20, 03:43 PM
Update 8/21 - Altered weapon damages and abilities to be more balanced still work in progress. fixed numerous typos and other mistakes. weapon descriptions still in the works. Chapter tactics is in need of major over hall and is next on my list. suggestions are welcome.

NevinPL
2015-08-21, 06:45 AM
i need ideas for Power and energy weapons as well as a psyker class as the librarian and the grey knight. Any suggestions for equipment is also welcome.
Power - force, or the default psionic damage.
Psyker - Wilder
Librarian - Psion\Divine Mind
Grey Knight - Psionic Warrior\Ardent

I'm just looking for input form a homebrew standpoint dose this even look playable?
With enough of work, "anything is possible", but wouldn't be easier to "port", or even play WFRP instead ?
Also, do you know about "Dark Heresy (SE)" ?

arixe
2015-08-21, 07:04 AM
Power - force, or the default psionic damage.
Psyker - Wilder
Librarian - Psion\Divine Mind
Grey Knight - Psionic Warrior\Ardent

Thanks I dig those ideas. was going for a psionic paladin type thing gussing that would be the ardent ill be taking a peak at that first.

With enough of work, "anything is possible", but wouldn't be easier to "port", or even play WFRP instead ?
Also, do you know about "Dark Heresy (SE)" ?

mainly its a comfort zone to work from. I enjoy d20 systems 3.5 has been my staple for years even if it is incredibly unbalanced at times. I have not checked it out but a quick google check and it looks like it blows my idea out of the water lol.

arixe
2015-08-22, 09:10 PM
8/23 reconstructed the scout to reflect the slayer but my wish for the scout is to eventually become its own unique class. I will be adding the librarian next as well as constructing the grey knight. after that comes the medic, Chaplin and Tech marine. after those i will work on fine tuning the prestige classes. Dreadnought is still causing me some trouble as far as the process to make a player one and how they will increase in hd after they have become a dreadnought.

Added a tentitive skills list to the tactical marine and the scout. Ive got a concept in the works for the medic that will work a little like an alchemist