PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Shade - Shadow Focused Character

HereBeMonsters
2015-08-19, 12:44 PM
Ok so I wanted to play a Shade character, but mostly a shadow focused character and Shade is just delicious when you use PF to play one. Shade's have a CR of 2 and no RHD which following PF rules means every three levels you can buy off 1 of those 1 of those CR levels. So since you begin playing at CR 3 (3rd level) and at level 5 going onto level 6 you buy off one of those CR. At level 9 you buy off the second.

This will be a GESTALT game so I have some means of playing.

One half is a Bard
The other half is something like Slayer to pick up Ranger bonus feats.

At +5 BAB (level 6 I believe) I was gonna have him take the 3.5 PrC called Shadow Sentinel thanks to PF's Human feat Racial Heritage feat to count as a Illumians to qualify for that. As Shades are CONSIDERED Outsiders but their type does not actually change from Human.

So adding that PrC will help and if we get to levels 16+ I was gonna take Shadow Dancer and get myself a pet Shadow to work with this Shadow Focused character

Taking the traits Fate's Favored means I have a +5 to all saves which is better then most Paladins, the +4 Deflection Bonus to AC is just gravy on the Bard side who can wear Light armor like a mithral Chain-mail is a 22 AC, and still a fairly high Touch AC.

Any ideas?

nedz
2015-08-19, 08:24 PM
I'm confused. Is this 3.5 or PF ?

HereBeMonsters
2015-08-20, 07:59 AM
[3.X] means a mash up. PF is always toted as being backward compatible so that means 3.5 should work well into PF. So [3.X] is a mix of the two. Also called [3.P]

Thurbane
2015-08-21, 10:07 PM
I always took 3.X to be a mix of 3.0 and 3.5 - and 3.P to be a mix of 3.5 & Pathfinder.

ShurikVch
2015-08-22, 01:18 PM
There is a Shadow Elemental in the Tome of Magic

How about to play Elemental Savant PrC with Shadow as chosen element?

BilltheCynic
2015-08-22, 04:22 PM
If you want to play more of a shadowy theif than a shadow caster, you could use a swordsage with a focus on shadow hand maneuvers. Bonus points for being very dip friendly.

DrMotives
2015-08-22, 05:24 PM
If you make a thrown weapon themed build, you could be a
*puts on sunglasses*
Throwing Shade.

daremetoidareyo
2015-08-22, 11:28 PM
If you make a thrown weapon themed build, you could be a
*puts on sunglasses*
Throwing Shade.

Take doomspeak and goad on some of them bard levels to double the entendre.