PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a list of all mode of Transportation

TwistedFaith
2015-08-19, 11:47 PM
I'm looking for a list of ... while the title says it all. I know all the standards (ie cart, wagon, warship, galley). What else is there. I know Airships, Gnomish Subs, and Spelljammers. What else is there.

Khedrac
2015-08-20, 06:27 AM
To be honest I don't think your question makes sense.
To me a better breakdown of transportation would be:
- Self
- Mount
- Vehicle
- Fixed Magic (e.g. portal)
- Personal Magic (e.g. overland flight spell)
- Instantaneous Magic (e.g. Teleport)

Pretty much all of these then sub-divide into:
- Ground
- Air
- Water, Surface
- Underwater
- Distance Negation (i.e. point to point - teleport, linked portals etc.)
- Extraplanar
- Wildspace
- Phlogiston
+ a few exotics (e.g. Earthglide)

Some modes of transport are limited to sub-conditions (e.g. snow or ice for most sleds, skis etc.).

All of your examples fall into Vehicles and there is no limit to how many different vehicles you can invent for this category.
I mean, why "gnomish submarines"? By adding the qualifier "gnomish" every type of sub now counts as a different mode of transportation...

TwistedFaith
2015-08-22, 04:20 AM
To be honest I don't think your question makes sense.
To me a better breakdown of transportation would be:
- Self
- Mount
- Vehicle
- Fixed Magic (e.g. portal)
- Personal Magic (e.g. overland flight spell)
- Instantaneous Magic (e.g. Teleport)

Pretty much all of these then sub-divide into:
- Ground
- Air
- Water, Surface
- Underwater
- Distance Negation (i.e. point to point - teleport, linked portals etc.)
- Extraplanar
- Wildspace
- Phlogiston
+ a few exotics (e.g. Earthglide)

Some modes of transport are limited to sub-conditions (e.g. snow or ice for most sleds, skis etc.).

All of your examples fall into Vehicles and there is no limit to how many different vehicles you can invent for this category.
I mean, why "gnomish submarines"? By adding the qualifier "gnomish" every type of sub now counts as a different mode of transportation...

Yea sorry I didn't realize my question didn't make sense. I was up for 24+ hours when I typed it. But yea I'm looking for a list of all Non-Homebrew Vehicle Transportation that has stats (ie HP, Hardening, Crew Size, Type of Crew, How They Are Powered) and was written in 3.0/3.5. I'm currently in a 5th Edition (that's allowing a lot of 3.0/3.5 stuff) and my group is currently trying to start a shipping company and after playing with a Deck Of Many Things I drew the Moon (and got 3 wishes). Well one of my wishes was for a Fleet (in this case 10) of all modes of Transportation that I can command and a full crew with no one on/with them that means Ill-Will or Harm to me or my Companions (I forgot how exactly I worded it but it was worded perfectly and this is the gist of it).

So that means I would like a list with no Spells (ie Teleport, Plane shift) that I would have to cast, no fixed or personal magic (ie Portal, Gate, Overland Flight Spell) that I would have to cast; cause I know those already. This list should include all Ground, Air, Water (both Underwater and Surface), Extraplanar, Wildspace, Phlogiston (whatever that is), and Exotic Transportation Vehicles. Small stuff that's in the PHB doesn't need to be on there (ie Cart, Wagon, Carriage). Also if you can so Reference of what book and page they are on that would be helpful.

I know this is asking a lot but please help me I've only been playing D&D for a short while (maybe total 2.5 years) and just recently heard of the gnomish submarines about a week ago and Spelljamers maybe 6 month ago and I don't know what else is out there.

TwistedFaith
2015-08-26, 04:42 PM
Ok I realize that I was asking a lot in my request. So maybe this should be smaller/simpler. Can someone/anyone/everyone give me a list of books that I can find the info I'm looking for in?

daemonvatis
2015-08-27, 10:45 AM
I don't have the books on me, but the ultimate equipment guide is probably a place to start.