PDA

View Full Version : Just for those in the UK

Strengfellow
2007-05-08, 11:07 AM
A special treat, we get Dungeons & Dragons 2 tonight on ITV4.
I shall be all agog.

Who will be joining me in watching this cinematic masterpiece?

Hazkali
2007-05-08, 04:18 PM
I shaln't, due to lack of a personal television. The chances I'll be able to commendeer the TV in the common room (I live in Uni Halls) is very slim, especially to watch such a "Masterpiece".

orcmonk89
2007-05-08, 05:05 PM
I have it on DVD....

:smalleek:

Pray for my soul

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-08, 06:06 PM
Well, if it wasn't a school night I'd be watching. I just hope they repeat it later this week or something.

CaptainSam
2007-05-09, 03:39 AM
It'll be repeated, don't worry. ITV have repeated The Fast and The Furious at least a dozen times so far.

I wasn't planning to watch it, finishing at 2.40am as it was, but ended up watching it all. A surprisingly resonable film, I thought, and quite enjoyable. It had a lot more to do with the game than the previous craptacular effort (which I have on DVD. My soul is in more danger than yours Orcmonk.)

It got a lot better when Nim the Rogue turned up.

Dib
2007-05-09, 05:24 AM
What channel number is that with SKy and what time does it start?

CaptainSam
2007-05-10, 02:54 AM
Erm...dunno. I only have freeview. It was repeated last night at 10-ish, so there's a pretty good chance you could find it before it's on again.

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-10, 03:25 PM
Well of course they did repeat it last night at 10pm. Seems I was the only D&D player at school who watched it too. I enjoyed it though, I thought they had vaguely caught some of D&D in film form, unlike the first film. I thought that the characters were nice as true archetypes, (with the barbarian worryingly similar to my last D&D character actually). So, I thought it was very good, shoddy special effects, but I was expecting much, much worse.

waspsmakejam
2007-05-12, 06:50 PM
I enjoyed it far more than the first film.

I particularly enjoyed the not-very-special effects. If you only afford cheapo effects, Harryhausenesque is always the way to go! Apart from skellington warriors, where click-click is the only way to go.