PDA

View Full Version : Suggested equipment for Sniper/spy

Yaitanos
2015-08-20, 10:08 AM
So, I will be playing a halfling sniper/ spy in an upcoming game. Don't know the level yet, but having some difficulty with equipment. He'll be taking a level of Exoticist fighter for exotic weapon proficiencies; throwing needle (just basically using the medium size stats for blowgun needles and going with that), warfan, great crossbow and exploding bolt. Magic items will be considered, but mostly looking for mudane items.
He's gonna have a LOT of sneak attack, and anything that adds to that would be amazing, but he's not gonna be a back stabber. He'll be making use of the Sniper's shot assassin spell as much as he can. I've already got his feats and levels planned out, and he'll have the point blank/precise/far shot feats but thats it.

Xervous
2015-08-20, 10:55 AM
I would just like to clarify... is this PF or 3.5?

Dondasch
2015-08-20, 11:28 AM
The 3.0 Arms & Equipment Guide has the Gnome Crossbow Sight, which will negate or reduce penalties for the first few range increments. It's cheap and nonmagical, and worth picking up/

Pathfinder has Sniper's Goggles (and a Greater version). The regular version are 20,000gp and let you sneak attack from any distance; they grant a +2 circumstance bonus to ranged sneak attack damage per die if you are within 30ft. The Greater Sniper Goggles are 50,000gp but grant the +2 per die at any distance.

Yaitanos
2015-08-20, 09:30 PM
I would just like to clarify... is this PF or 3.5?

3.5 sorry.

DrKerosene
2015-08-21, 10:31 AM
I would recommend looking though this list of Class Boosters (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=477.0) for items that might tickle your fancy. Such as the Ranger "Enemy Spirit Pouch", or the Rogue "Deadly Percision enchantment". Also, Bunko's Bargain Basement will probably help too.

sovin_ndore
2015-08-21, 10:46 AM
If you are wanting to accentuate the spy aspect and don't want to dump alot of levels toward the purpose (as you are obviously already looking at the Assassin PrC), I would suggest taking a look over Zhentarim Spy from Players Guide to Faerum; it is spymaster in 5 levels.

I would also check Shax's Indispensable Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-(Equipment-Handbook)) in addition to Bunko's. It focuses more on those mundane items it sounds like you are searching for.

Thistledown
2015-08-21, 02:57 PM
Which books are allowed?

Yaitanos
2015-08-22, 12:43 AM
Which books are allowed?
Everything 3.5, with some 3.0 books. I myself pull a lot from the kingdoms of Kalamar and Ravenloft.