PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder World of Warcraft fury warrior

Shadowscale
2015-08-21, 04:19 AM
How would one go about building the standard fury warrior from world of warcraft? They're essentially duel wielded of two handed weapons wear heavy armor and get enraged and kill people with their anger which gives them increased attack speech while parrying a storm. They can stop enemies in their tracks with their rage and shrug off status effects. Any ideas would be really nice.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-08-21, 05:02 AM
(my apologies, I missed the [Pathfinder] tag, this is for 3.5 :smalleek:)

Dual wielding two-handed weapons is not possible in D&D, I think (but you can have four arms quite easily). The Monkey Grip feat allows you to wield a two-handed sword in one hand - at a -4 penalty - but it does not work for your off-hand. Even if it did, it'd cost three feats, and you'd end up with attack penalties of -8/-8 on the main-hand and off-hand respectively. That's -2 for Monkey Grip, -2 for using a medium greatsword instead of a large longsword, and -4 for dual-wielding without a light weapon off-hand.

In short, dual-wielding two-handed weapons is both incredibly unrealistic and not well-supported in D&D. However, you can be a dual-wielding raging barbarian-type.

Essentially you'll want your usual spirit lion wolf totem whirling frenzy barbarian, using Knockdown + Improved Trip, with levels in warblade for the Tiger Claw discipline and Iron Heart Surge. Heavy armour is an issue, because you lose speed, but magic can fix that - get a mithril full plate and the knight unburdened spell (from The Forge of War, an Eberron book). As a first-level hours/level spell, it should be easy to get a permanent magic item of that.

Vhaidara
2015-08-21, 06:35 AM
Titan Mauler Barbarian lets you use weapons 1 category up (large longsword).

Path of War : Expanded has Prodigious Two Weapon Fighting, which lets you TWF with one handed weapons and keys the TWF line to Str instead of Dex.

Together, you can dual wield large Longswords or Battleaxes, which are statistically the same as greatsword and greataxes. I recommend adding Primal Disciple (also pow:e, lets give the barbarian maneuvers).

Shadowscale
2015-08-21, 06:40 AM

Path of War : Expanded has Prodigious Two Weapon Fighting, which lets you TWF with one handed weapons and keys the TWF line to Str instead of Dex.

Together, you can dual wield large Longswords or Battleaxes, which are statistically the same as greatsword and greataxes. I recommend adding Primal Disciple (also pow:e, lets give the barbarian maneuvers).

This seems very viable and close to what I was looking for, anyway to get heavy armor?

Vhaidara
2015-08-21, 07:16 AM
Couple of ways. Mainly taking the feat or dipping into a proficient class.

Also, my recommendation would be to take the stance Iron Pikeman Attitude from Piercing Thunder. It lower the weight category of armor (heavy becomes medium, medium becomes light). Combo with Mithral full plate and you get light full plate, so you maintain mobility while using heavy armor.

Also, I need to check with them about this, but IPA doesn't have the specification Mithral does that the reduced category does not affect proficiency. And either way, once you reach around level 10, Mithral full plate + iron pikeman has no armor check penalty, so there is no penalty for not being proficient.

Psyren
2015-08-21, 08:52 AM

Per the Ultimate Combat Errata now they can dual-wield 2-handers one size up also. You'll tank your attack bonus if you try but you can do it.

Shadowscale
2015-08-22, 01:38 AM
Per the Ultimate Combat Errata now they can dual-wield 2-handers one size up also. You'll tank your attack bonus if you try but you can do it.

I'd assume the negatives make it unplayable?