PDA

View Full Version : Best +10 enchantments for TWF rogue? [3e/3.5e]

MrWoodchip
2015-08-22, 02:35 AM
I need the best one for damage output. The only things required for certain is BlessedBoED as I'm mostly fighting devils, and it makes weapons count as good for a +1, and Cold Iron because of Undo ResistanceFCII. Due to the GM's cavalier attitude to loot, and a tournament where we're betting on ourselves to win, I have the 400k needed for two +10 weapons in no time.

Right now I'm using a +1 Blessed Evil Outsider Bane Cold Iron Elven Thinblade in my main hand, because 18-20 crit with 1d8 damage and weapon finesse is pretty cool., and a +1 Blessed Evil Outsider Bane Cold Iron Serrated Handaxe (Serrated for extra crit range without costing an enchantment slot).

Also I have a third party Superior Finesse feat that lets me add dex to damage, but has some bad prereqs, but that's not too relevant.

System is 3.5, but 3.0 is allowed on a case by case basis.

Edit:
Try to avoid bane, if you can. The GM is wising up and making us fight less evil outsiders and more creatures in their employ, lost souls, that sort of thing.

Troacctid
2015-08-22, 03:35 AM
Wounding gives you pretty good damage output as long as you're not fighting enemies who are immune to it. The fact that it scales with the enemy's HD is pretty nice. If you think you'll run up against enemies that are immune to ability damage, you could go with Collision instead, which is notable for actually multiplying its damage on a crit, unlike a lot of weapon enhancements. Spell Storing is great if you can power it, but as a Rogue, you can't do so natively, so it depends on your party.

Don't forget about weapon crystals, which are great value. At the very least, you can always stick a lesser crystal of acid assault in there for a cheap +1d6, and if you have the funds, you could spring for something like a greater truedeath crystal.

Definitely stay away from Keen, for obvious reasons, of course.

NevinPL
2015-08-22, 04:58 AM
You probably should try to get most of your rogue abilities, like with Blurstrike, or Shadowstrike, maybe Hideaway. Deadly precision could be useful, if your DM will allow dropping a dice of its Sneak\Sudden damage, to power some feats (MIC).

General (MIC):

mentioned Collision - is a nice damage booster for anyone,
also mentioned Weapon crystals - are a good idea if you want to use your favorite: "Slayer of Widows and Orphans +5", and still be prepared for "everything",
Dispelling\Greater dispelling - for quick, albeit limited per day, use of targeted dispel,
Eager - for a Quick Draw ability, little initiative, and damage boost,
Energy aura - if you fight monsters with various energy resistances\immunities,
Everbright - so you don't loose that "Slayer of..." to a Rust Monster,
Fleshgrinding - is "nic(e&nas)sty", although IIRC it's BoVD original was better,
Impaling - if you're using a piercing weapon,
Implacable - for little damage boost, and impairing magical healing,
Metalline - + Morphing + Sizing for your own "Swiss Army knife\axe\flail\whatever" in one convenient package,
Paralyzing - could be nice,
Stygian - ditto,
Transmuting - for fighting reduction ridden monsters,
Vampiric - for limited healing