PDA

View Full Version : Help with oWoD

Laesin
2007-05-08, 08:59 PM
Hi guys, I've just started a Sabbat Victorian Era Ravnos, and was wondering if anyone had any interesting ideas for the creative use of illusions. I've made a number of permanent ones in my character history but I really want to impress the pack as they have had a few bad experiences with Ravnos that made suboptimal uses of chimerstry.

P.S. He's far from a stereotypical Ravnos. He's an M.D. with influence in the Royal Society of Medicine and his clan flaw is blackmail.

The Gilded Duke
2007-05-08, 09:33 PM
As far as mechanically good illusions... some of the more broken ones I remember are...

Illusions of the Sun (force Roshterec Checks)
Illusion of the Stake in the heart (If they fail they are in torpor)

If you want useful things that aren't increadibly cheesy:
Wanted Posters
Check Fraud
Police Badges
Burning Vehicles
Sirens
Suitcase full of non-consecutive 20s (Monopoly money)
Fog

You mentioned a Sabbat game, so your pack is going to be spending lots of time going after Camarilla?

Wear white robes with fake wings, and wield (illusionary) flaming swords.

Laesin
2007-05-08, 09:41 PM
Illusions of the sun. Check My haven is full of large frosted windows.

Illusion of a stake. By my reading doesn't work, they don't roll against it anyway.

Flaming sword. check next session. Another character is crafting a bevelled sword with a wick and flint along the bevel and a reservoir in the sheath so it will actually be alight on the round of the draw. Then I cast the flaming illusion on it. Illusions are so much better with a little reality to back them up.

With regards to it being a sabbat game. At the moment we are in a Camarilla City with a Prince that only pays lip service to them. (Mithras, London 1886) and have diplomatic immunity as he finds us amusing and wants to shake up the elders.

Our biggest problem is the Tremere at the moment, and I have just dealt them a severe blow by infecting the nearest well to their Chantry with Cholera.

The Gilded Duke
2007-05-08, 10:04 PM
Ahh the Tremere.

Most of their abilities.. rituals, thaumaturgy and so on require blood, in addition to the blood required for daily living. Now they do have some ways to store blood... but usually not massive amounts.

Do you happen to know their assigned feeding territory?

Because one of the best ways to unbalance a vampire/ destroy them is to destroy their feeding territory.

You already mentioned cohlera in the well, why not some bodies as well. In general mixing together bodies and feces and what not with water supply causes a great amount of horrible diseases, could probably do similar things throughout their territory. Also, might want to cut down on their occult activities.

Openly exposing them as horrible witches/vampires would probably get you into more trouble then you want. Why not just frame the people living next door for being witches. I'm sure you could do some illusion to accomplish this.. perhaps show them not to have a shadow... or show their shadow to choke somebody elses.

If there is some sort of witch hunt or hysteria going on, the Tremere are less likley to be public in their more occult activities.

The Stake might have just worked in the old larp rules.

Hmm... what else... Victorian, not as familiar with that setting.

I'm assuming their chantry is fireproof?

The Gilded Duke
2007-05-08, 10:08 PM
Oh, I just remembered something. It's been a while.. how easy would it be for your ravnos to pull off a constantly operating sound illusion near himself? A really high pitched whine, that should any tremere use auspex around you, they hear it and go deaf.

Laesin
2007-05-08, 11:49 PM
An interesting idea Duke but I think I would need to have heard something similar myself and I don't have auspex.

I was tempted to have their Chantry lit up by St. Elmo's Fire on the night of the full moon. Reckon that would work?

The Gilded Duke
2007-05-09, 12:11 AM
Hmm... St. Elmo's Fire is thought of as a lucky thing. I guess I would be worried about pissing off the man giving you diplomatic immunity too much. A masquerade breach he might not like.

Maybe just the occasional scream from inside?

Laesin
2007-05-09, 12:17 AM
St Elmo's Fire isn't universally considered lucky. Many Sailors in particular view it with some trepidation. As a one off effect it may be more likely to trigger a Tremere internal investigation. At least that is what I'm hoping. Doing it twice would almost certainly be traced back to me.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-10, 02:33 AM
Openly exposing them as horrible witches/vampires would probably get you into more trouble then you want. Why not just frame the people living next door for being witches. I'm sure you could do some illusion to accomplish this.. perhaps show them not to have a shadow... or show their shadow to choke somebody elses.

19th century is a wee bit late for witch hunts.

Fax Celestis
2007-05-10, 10:35 AM
Chimerestrying false identification (such as a police officer's badge) is quite useful.