+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Handle the Ball

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|It Was Always Our Intention to Trail at the Half...

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|What Game Were the Refs Watching?!

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|Are you Funky Enough?[/table]

Abilities

Talk Trash: At first level, the Jester of Dunk gains the ability to insult and belittle his foes (as a move-action), with use of his Perform (Oratory) skill. However, only one "Talk Trash" ability may be used at a given time - activating another cancels out any previously in-use. More ranks grant greater use of the ability.

8 Ranks: "Jive Sucka" - Select a single enemy within 50ft that can hear you and has at least INT 3. They must succeed a Will save (DC: a Perform (Oratory) check by you) or suffer a -2 morale penalty to all attack and damage rolls for 1d4 + class level rounds. This penalty does not stack with itself.

10 Ranks: "My Metallic Honkey" - Select a single enemy within 50ft that can hear you can has at least INT 3 and is wearing some form of metallic armor (medium or heavy, only). Make an opposed Perform (Oratory) roll against their Sense Motive. If you succeed, they are denied DEX-to-AC against the next attack you make on them. Failure ---> nothing happens. You may add your class level to this roll.

12 Ranks: "Too Late, Hot Plate" - For the remainder of the encounter, whenever an opponent with at least INT 3 misses you with a melee attack, they recieve a -1 morale penalty on all further attacks made against you for the remainder of the encounter (this stacks with itself for each successive miss). A successful hit against you automatically reduces the morale penalties granted by this ability to 0.

Handle the Ball: When armed with a thrown weapon, add your class level to attack and damage as an insight bonus. If the weapon is completely spherical, you may also add your CHA mod (max = your class level) to attack and damage rolls as well.

It was always our intention to trail at the half...: If the Jester of Dunk's HP is ever reduced to less than twice his/her CON score during an encounter, they immediately gain DR 2/-, and a +2 morale bonus to all attacks rolls, damage and AC until the encounter is over or the Jester of Dunk's HP is brought above twice his/her CON score.

What game were the refs watching?!: 1/day, the Jester of Dunk may replace any roll made with a second, immediate attempt at the same modifier, as if the first never happened.

Are you Funky Enough?: All enemies who target you with a hostile action and lack "Funk" must make a Will save (DC = 10 + character level + CHA mod) before the action resolves. Failure results in a -2 morale penalty to all attack rolls and saves, which lasts for a number of rounds equal to your CHA mod (min 0) +1. Attacks that would have been successful but are no longer due to this penalty do indeed fail to hit. Success grants immunity for 24hrs, after that time period they must make saves again normally.

jindra34
2007-05-08, 09:22 PM
use the home brewing table please.

Deepblue706
2007-05-08, 09:27 PM
Gee, maybe I don't know how.

jindra34
2007-05-08, 09:34 PM
Gee, maybe I don't know how.

You do not know how to copy and paste :smallconfused: :smallconfused: :smallconfused: ??? where have you been... and what are you doing on the internet... its in the homebrewing guide dude...

cferejohn
2007-05-08, 09:36 PM
Umm, I can read it fine.

Pretty funny class. I've got no idea on the balance. First of all, how do you determine if someone lacks funk?

Neek
2007-05-08, 09:43 PM
The table's not bad, at least it's visual.

What is "funk," and how do I know if the enemy's got it? Because there might be an Infernal Court of the Funk that our adventurers come across...

Deepblue706
2007-05-08, 09:50 PM
You do not know how to copy and paste :smallconfused: :smallconfused: :smallconfused: ??? where have you been... and what are you doing on the internet... its in the homebrewing guide dude...

I'm glad you're being so polite about it.

Maybe I hadn't realized there was a hombrew guide...maybe I neglected to look for one. Yes, of course, I realized people have charts in other posts, was a little lazy in copying + pasting the ones they had, but I thought perhaps someone would be kind enough to direct me to where I could find the exact source of the table, instead of making baffled smiley faces and completely neglecting to comment on the class itself.

Deepblue706
2007-05-08, 09:51 PM
Umm, I can read it fine.

Pretty funny class. I've got no idea on the balance. First of all, how do you determine if someone lacks funk?

It's just something you know from birth. I can't explain it to you. No one can (But the DM can decide on whim! Weee!).

ArmorArmadillo
2007-05-08, 09:58 PM

Dude, calm down. Maybe he just didn't realize that it was in Fax's "Guide to Homebrewing" post.
Look for it in the stickies, and there are tables for homebrewing that are very helpful.

I think the class is hilarious, and actually very usable too. However, some abilities need to be toned down.
-Consider reducing the BAB bonus to 3/4, the class seems more focused on combat tricks than straight out attacking.
-Make Trash Talk a Move Action, it should at least require some effort to make one, or else it is too easy to cycle between them or just keep reusing them until opponents fail a save. Also, there should be some limit on how often you can use it per day/encounter.
-Consider reducing duration on Jive Sucka to CHA modifier (Min. 1), lasts too long as it is. Also, you might add that nobody can be targeted more than once, whether they make the save or not. Or else it can just be repeated infinitely.
-My Metallic Honky is too powerful, denying DEX to AC every round is too big a benefit for something that is this hard to resist, and has way too much benefit for Rogues.
-Handle the Ball shouldn't scale to level and shouldn't multiply based on the weapon. As it stands, this ability grants +15 to attack and damage with basketball objects at level 5. Even at Level 3, that is still +9. Consider maxing out the bonus based on your CHA modifier and not multiplying it based on the thrown weapon (it's generally a mistake to give to much benefit to a character's particular choice of weapon, as it limits freedom in character concept).
-Trail at the Half grants way too much of a bonus. It should give DR 2/- and +2 to checks.
-Are You Funky Enough also imposes too high of a penalty, and the save is wonky. Consider changing it to (10+Level+CHA) and instead putting a -2 on saves or a -2 on attack and damage.

All in All, it is an awesome idea though. Good Job!

Deepblue706
2007-05-08, 10:11 PM
Dude, calm down. Maybe he just didn't realize that it was in Fax's "Guide to Homebrewing" post.
Look for it in the stickies, and there are tables for homebrewing that are very helpful.

I think the class is hilarious, and actually very usable too. However, some abilities need to be toned down.
-Consider reducing the BAB bonus to 3/4, the class seems more focused on combat tricks than straight out attacking.
-Make Trash Talk a Move Action, it should at least require some effort to make one, or else it is too easy to cycle between them or just keep reusing them until opponents fail a save. Also, there should be some limit on how often you can use it per day/encounter.
-Consider reducing duration on Jive Sucka to CHA modifier (Min. 1), lasts too long as it is. Also, you might add that nobody can be targeted more than once, whether they make the save or not. Or else it can just be repeated infinitely.
-My Metallic Honky is too powerful, denying DEX to AC every round is too big a benefit for something that is this hard to resist, and has way too much benefit for Rogues.
-Handle the Ball shouldn't scale to level and shouldn't multiply based on the weapon. As it stands, this ability grants +15 to attack and damage with basketball objects at level 5. Even at Level 3, that is still +9. Consider maxing out the bonus based on your CHA modifier and not multiplying it based on the thrown weapon (it's generally a mistake to give to much benefit to a character's particular choice of weapon, as it limits freedom in character concept).
-Trail at the Half grants way too much of a bonus. It should give DR 2/- and +2 to checks.
-Are You Funky Enough also imposes too high of a penalty, and the save is wonky. Consider changing it to (10+Level+CHA) and instead putting a -2 on saves or a -2 on attack and damage.

All in All, it is an awesome idea though. Good Job!

Glad you like it!

BAB 3/4 sounds like a fair idea. They get plenty of other ways to pwn anyway...

Talk Trash was actually a move-action at first, but I just wanted the class to be ridiculous anyway. Maybe for a humor-style game, though, it should still be balanced... Move-Action it is.

Good point about Jive Sucka.

Metallic Honkey - yeah...I can't think of a way of toning it down and still have it be really cool, though. I guess it could work like Improved Feint, only it uses Perform (Oratory) (and another bonus, maybe) instead of Bluff?

Handle the Ball - Yeah, I guess it could be slightly adjusted...

Trail at the Half, though...No. I can't tone down the benefits AT ALL! I refuse.

...alright, fine, I give in.

Funky Enough needs to be awesome, though. I'll change it, but I can't make it less than amazing.

Thanks for your comments!

ArmorArmadillo
2007-05-08, 10:44 PM
Glad you like it!

BAB 3/4 sounds like a fair idea. They get plenty of other ways to pwn anyway...

Talk Trash was actually a move-action at first, but I just wanted the class to be ridiculous anyway. Maybe for a humor-style game, though, it should still be balanced... Move-Action it is.

Good point about Jive Sucka.

Metallic Honkey - yeah...I can't think of a way of toning it down and still have it be really cool, though. I guess it could work like Improved Feint, only it uses Perform (Oratory) (and another bonus, maybe) instead of Bluff?

Handle the Ball - Yeah, I guess it could be slightly adjusted...

Trail at the Half, though...No. I can't tone down the benefits AT ALL! I refuse.

...alright, fine, I give in.

Funky Enough needs to be awesome, though. I'll change it, but I can't make it less than amazing.

Thanks for your comments!Funky Enough wasn't really problematic, but the awesomeness is a little excessive because it automatically affects more or less every enemy you fight. Compare it with the Hexblade Curse ability, which is usable limited times per day, requires an action, and only targets a single person.

Maybe limit it to anyone who tries to attack you or target you with a spell.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-05-08, 10:45 PM
Duplicate message

Erk
2007-05-09, 10:59 PM
Well, in all fairness for Funky Enough, the DM has perfect control over play balance. If it is getting tooooooo awesome, you just have to start fighting Groove Barons and Afro Knights.

Matthew
2007-05-16, 10:21 AM
Hmmn. Isn't the Base Attack Bonus Prerequisite a little high?

Deepblue706
2007-05-16, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I guess it should be +3.

ocato
2007-05-16, 04:39 PM
Well, in all fairness for Funky Enough, the DM has perfect control over play balance. If it is getting tooooooo awesome, you just have to start fighting Groove Barons and Afro Knights.

Damn, next it'll be Blaculas.

Human Paragon 3
2007-05-16, 09:46 PM
Damn, next it'll be Blaculas.

I hunt black vampires! I don't know the PC term for that!

XtheYeti
2007-05-17, 07:16 AM
This class makes me happy. You are a cool dude.
Peace
Love
And Rock'nRoll

Matthew
2007-05-20, 07:35 PM
Hahaha. I love The Venture Brothers. Looks good to me now.