PDA

View Full Version : Bio-Stasis VS Temporal Stasis

Xar Zarath
2015-08-22, 10:36 AM
Temporal stasis spell keeps a body well protected, against almost any effects.
However against bio-stasis, is it better? What are the benefits and advantages of temporal vs biological stasis?

Chronos
2015-08-22, 11:45 AM
That depends on whether you're using it on someone you like, or someone you dislike. If you dislike someone, then you might find it quite convenient for them to be unable to act, while you remain able to harm them.

Xar Zarath
2015-08-23, 12:10 AM
Actually I wanted to find out what are the practical differences between bio and temporal stasis. I know temporal is basically keeping them suspended in time but bio means biologically suspended?

What are the pro/cons of temporal stasis?

What are the pro/cons of bio stasis?

Chronos
2015-08-23, 07:16 AM
And that's what I answered: What's a pro and what's a con depends on whom you're casting it on.

Xar Zarath
2015-08-24, 01:00 AM
And that's what I answered: What's a pro and what's a con depends on whom you're casting it on.

Hmm, ok then what about cast on a clone of yourself? Pros/cons of temporal and bio stasis

Xar Zarath
2015-08-29, 12:15 AM
I still am a bit hazy on bio and temporal stasis. Especially when applied to clones, anyone know the practical difference? Detailed answers are appreciated

Chronos
2015-08-29, 08:06 AM
Clone as in the result of the Clone spell? It doesn't matter, because once it finishes growing, a clone is either you, or it's a useless corpse (well, I suppose you could use it to fake your own death or something, but mostly useless).

Or do you mean casting it on a proto-body from the Clone spell, that hasn't finished growing? In that case, you'd want temporal stasis, because you've spent significant resources on that body, and you want to protect it. But whatever form of stasis you use, make sure that it comes out of it every so often automatically, in case you've died and need to use the new body.

Or do you mean a living copy of yourself, that you've created through some other means (possibly Simulacrum, or the Wu Jen spell Body Outside Body)? In that case, assuming that it either shares your goals or is under your command, you again want to use temporal stasis rather than biological, because again you don't want it to be harmed. Probably a better option, though, would be to just not have it in stasis at all, so it can continue to do whatever you made it for.

The Bandicoot
2015-08-29, 08:17 AM
You keep ignoring the actual question Chronos. He's asking what the difference between the two is.

If I had to guess, temporal stasis sounds like it literally stops time around the target while biological stasis merely stops the target's biological functions.

Milo v3
2015-08-29, 08:44 AM
Are you sure bio-stasis is even an actual thing? I'm not finding any reference of anything at all to it on any D&D or PF site except for this very thread.

So it sounds like Temporal Stasis has the pro of existing, and biostasis as having the con of no one knowing what your asking.

You keep ignoring the actual question Chronos. He's asking what the difference between the two is.
It's hard to for Chronos (or anyone) to answer the question in this situation, given the circumstances.

Chronos
2015-08-29, 11:23 AM
But he answered that himself, in the first sentence of his OP:

Temporal stasis spell keeps a body well protected, against almost any effects.
So which one is better depends on whether you want the body well-protected or not.