PDA

View Full Version : My pantheon of Gods [PEACH]

criticalstriker
2007-05-08, 10:22 PM
Deranasius father of time, keeper of knowledge.
Deranasius is said to be the original god, he created the entire universe and is by far the most powerful god, yet also the most docile. After creating the universe he created the 9 other gods and gave them each a choice of what to rule over. After giving them their power he retreated into his own domain, and remains there to this day.

Alignment: True nuetral

Domains: Knowledge, Magic, Destruction, Creation.

Valien mother of life, carrier of souls.
Valien is one of the three triplet created by Deranasius, she is constantly squabbling with her sister Kerain, and trying to kill her brother Maranarius. She helps souls along to her domain of the after life where they can spend the rest of time in bliss. She is constantly fighting her brother Maranarius for the souls of the dead and consistently asks him to release the souls from their torment... He rarely does.

Alignment: Lawful good

Domains: Death, Good, Protection, Law.

Kerien mother of the spirit, carrier of souls.
Kerain is one of the three triplets created by Dernasius, she tends to remain out of the fights between her brother and sister but is often dragged into it when the two are tearing souls from the clutches of each other. She is the least powerful of the three due to the fact she only takes the souls that are either rejected by both or that both are literally ripping from each others hands.

Alignment: Chaotic nuetral

Domains: Death, Luck, Protection, Magic

Maranarius father of death, carrier of souls.
Maranarius is one of the three triplets created by Deranasius, he often fights with his sister Valien over the souls of the dead, and tends to get violent when he is denied a soul. He tends to leave his sister Kerain alone until she takes the soul of a person he has fought hard with his sister for. He often sends minions to the side of a dying person in order to ferry the soul to him without risk of his sister stealing it.

Alignment: Lawful evil

Domains: Death, Evil, Magic, Law.

Tyranius father of Fire, bringer of joy.
Tyranius was the fourth god created by Deranasius and chose to reign over fire. He created the elemental plane of fire and the creatures that dwell within. He takes great pleasure from helping people that are freezing by creating a strong fire next to the person. He often gets angry with Helliun for causing people misery and some times even lashes out at her

Alignment: Chaotic good

Domains: Fire, Protection, Destruction, Chaos

Helliun mother of water, bringer of misery.
Helliun was the fifth god created by Deranasius and chose to reign over water. She created the elemental plane of water and all the creatures the reside within it. She enjoys flooding towns on a regular basis and gets upset at Tyranius for getting angry at her for having fun. She some times makes it rain on a fire just to spite Tyanius.

Alignment: Chaotic evil

Domains: Water, Chaos, Destruction, Strength

Lyis mother of air, bringer of love.
Lyis was the sixth god created by Deranasius and chose to reign over air. She created the elemental plane of air and all the monsters that live within it. She enjoys watching love begin and some times influences mortals to fall in love. She tends to remain out of the affairs of other gods but will get involved if it begins to harm innocents.

Alignment: Neutral good

Domains: Healing, Air, Protection, Plant

Soarianis father of earth, bringer of hate.
Soarianis was the seventh god created by Deranasius and chose to reign over earth. He created the elemental plane of earth and all the things that are within it. He loves to create earthquakes below cities and watch the people scramble. He enjoys watching mortals fight and often causes wars just so that he can, he and Lyis tend not to get along, most of all when she stops him from demolishing an entire city or starting a world war.

Alignment: Neutral evil

Domains: Earth, War, Plant, Animal

Lerduul father of shadows, bringer of lies.
Lerduul was the eighth god created by Deranasius and chose to reign over shadows. He created the elemental plane of shadow and all the created that dwell within it. He loves to watch creatures walk around inside of his veil of darkness and will play mind games with them the entire time they are within the shadows that are his realm.

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Domains: Shadow, Trickery, Evil, Knowledge

Alkatosh father of light, bringer of truth.
Alkatosh was nineth and final God created by Deranasius and chose to reign over light. He created the elemental plane of light and all that live in it. He lights the way for travelers and is in a near constant fight with Lerduul.

Alignment: Lawful neutral

Domains: Sun, Travel, Knowledge, Luck

So, what do you think?

This is a crosspost from WoTC, since the deities board doesnt get much traffic

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-08, 11:16 PM
Cool. My standard pantheon-related comment is "needs more backstory!" I suppose that these gods are modular enough so that you could detail individual births as needed, though.

The four elemental gods are pretty cool, particularly Earth.
Lerduul and Alkatosh are painfully standard, but they are the gods of Light and Darkness...
Finally, I love your three gods of death (very original). I hope, though, that Maranarius' domain isn't just your cut-rate twirling-moustache-evil Hell.

criticalstriker
2007-05-08, 11:22 PM
Na, his domain looks more like a semi-translucent palace, where the souls of the dead are stored in the walls (to be used for power)

Demented
2007-05-09, 12:13 AM
Either there are more than nine gods, or they have serious issues spelling eachother's names. I know I would.

Soarianis isn't boldened. Also, his name makes me wince.
[roll0]

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-09, 12:36 AM
Ick. That and "Helliun". To counterbalance, Maranarius does sort of roll off the tongue.

Demented
2007-05-09, 01:15 AM
Right, but now I'm thinking of spaghetti sauce. You don't suppose...?

criticalstriker
2007-05-09, 01:18 AM
Maranarius, i will admit, does have a similar name to a certain sauce i love with cheese sticks o_O But i dont see whats wrong of Helliun...