Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 10 minutes per HD of the target
Range: 10 ft.
Target: One living creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

You can kill any one living creature, regardless of HD or hit points. If the spell is cast successfully, the target is entirely disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust.
If the target is aware of the spellcaster or the spell being cast, the spell instead deals 1 point of vile damage to both the caster and the target.

Material Components
One fresh ounce of the target's blood.
A healthy white dove worth at least 1 gold, which must be soaked in the target's blood and then burned to death during the ritual.

LoopyZebra
2007-05-08, 11:25 PM
So, essentially it's a very cruel form of execution?

You named it "Demolish Soul" but the description doesn't mention any soul effects. Can the dead person still be raised?

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-08, 11:36 PM
I couldn't think of a name. After a while, I just slapped on something that fit and posted it.

Also, I should have said: it's a death attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#deathAttacks), and the victim cannot be raised or resurrected, though a wish or miracle can recreate the victim.

And you can't really use it to execute someone, unless you blind and deafen them first... and make sure they don't have any ranks in Spellcraft, because they could easily identify it (at which point it ceases to function).

Maryring
2007-05-08, 11:47 PM
A level 1 death attack is a bit too powerful for my taste. The disintegration already prevents Raise Dead, so leave it at that. Also, how on earth can this spell really be useful? The only way someone will NOT notice the spell or move out of the range is if they are bound, blind and deaf.

Inyssius Tor
2007-05-09, 12:21 AM
Good point.

Also: It's a ridiculously niche way to magically assassinate someone powerful. It isn't really meant to be full of uses...
... but it would work if it was Stilled and Silenced and cast under the effects of silence and possibly greater invisibility while the target is asleep (I'm not sure how you could get the target's fresh blood, though).

As for why it might be needed: perhaps there's a powerful guy who needs to vanish; he's immune to poison, he can handle your run-of-the-mill assassins, he's got a bunch of HD, and your side has no powerful wizards.

Jarelk
2007-05-09, 05:30 AM
It looks moderatly balanced, but it's kind of a win-or-lose spell. You need to avoid spells like that, cause in one game it is overly weak, and in the other it is a ZOMG powerful spell that the DM will get frustrated about.

Roderick_BR
2007-05-09, 06:36 AM
Pick a few drops of blood a powerful warrior dropped in a fight (there'll be bound to have many), and kill him while he's dinning.
Too powerful for a 1st level spell, indeed.