PDA

View Full Version : Eberron: Mithral Fluidity and Arcane Failure

Minchandre
2007-05-08, 11:02 PM
So, Mithral Fluidity increases possible DEX bonus, and reduces armor check penalties...would it not be logical for it to reduce arcane spell failure?

Does anyone know if an errata has been issued, or if there's a common house rule, and can anyone provide a good reason for this (balance?)

Thanks.

TheOOB
2007-05-08, 11:26 PM
Logical yes, but it's mainly a balance concern. Arcane spellcasters are insanely powerful, especially at high levels. One of their few balancing factors is their limited hp/AC, basically, unless you devote significant spells/resources to defense as an arcane spellcaster, you die.

Allowing arcane spellcasters to wear armor w/o arcane spell failure removes this disadvantage, and makes them even more broken.

Emperor Tippy
2007-05-08, 11:54 PM
But you can enchant your warforged caster with Twilight.

Or better yet just go Psion.

TheOOB
2007-05-09, 12:23 AM
I don't allow Twilight in my games for that reason. The fact that mages can wear a mithral buckler with no ASF aint that bad, because a wand of shield will be way more efficient for a very very long time, but a twilight mithral chain shirt +1 is better then mage armor right off the bat, and it only gets better.

Emperor Tippy
2007-05-09, 12:28 AM
Yeah. They need to make it RAW that you can enchant Bracer's of Armor just like you can regular armor except the Enchantment cost comes directly out of the bracer's armor bonus (with the mandatory +1 removed).

The Costs work out perfectly and you can still cram more on regular armor.

Combine this with a removal of the Twilight problem and you give monks a much needed boost along with solving other problems.

Dhavaer
2007-05-09, 01:21 AM
They need to make it RAW that you can enchant Bracer's of Armor just like you can regular armor except the Enchantment cost comes directly out of the bracer's armor bonus (with the mandatory +1 removed).

They had it in the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Emperor Tippy
2007-05-09, 01:25 AM
They had it in the Arms and Equipment Guide.
I know. It's where I got the idea :biggrin:

I still can't figure out why it was removed.

Stephen_E
2007-05-09, 05:22 AM
Emperor Tippy,

A question just occurred to me. If someone cast a silent, still Mage hand (so you can't tell who cast it) and uses it to touch your tummy, what do you do?

Stephen

Emperor Tippy
2007-05-09, 07:36 AM
Well since the Dough Boy has Divine Rank 200 its highly unlikely that you could do that without him noticing. :biggrin:

Greenfaun
2007-05-10, 11:21 AM
This is why the Unarmored Body feat exists in Races of Eberron, that's the only one that I know of that grants no ASF.

But it's not unreasonable, if it's OK with your DM.