PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ranged Dirty Tricks with Sniper/Bounty Hunter Slayer?

RedOndjage
2015-08-22, 05:01 PM
So, looking at the errata for Advanced Class Guide, I noticed that Sniper Slayers no longer lose their first Slayer Talent, allowing them to take the Bounty Hunter Archetype as well. Sniper Slayers can perform ranged sneak attacks, and Bounty Hunters can replace sneak attack damage with Dirty Trick Maneuvers anytime they can sneak attack. Does this remove the requirement that dirty tricks be melee attacks? If so, doesn't this mean that a Sniper/Bounty Hunter Slayer could blind an opponent on their first attack each round, sneak attacking with every other attack?

Molosse
2015-08-23, 02:48 AM
So, looking at the errata for Advanced Class Guide, I noticed that Sniper Slayers no longer lose their first Slayer Talent, allowing them to take the Bounty Hunter Archetype as well. Sniper Slayers can perform ranged sneak attacks, and Bounty Hunters can replace sneak attack damage with Dirty Trick Maneuvers anytime they can sneak attack. Does this remove the requirement that dirty tricks be melee attacks? If so, doesn't this mean that a Sniper/Bounty Hunter Slayer could blind an opponent on their first attack each round, sneak attacking with every other attack?

Yeah that's absolutely fine mate. You even manage to get around the common issue with Dirty Tricks with weapons, how do I blind this guy without hurting him, because you still deal your normal damage, as well as your Deadly Range damage.