PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 bab/saves questions

EdgarofFargo
2015-08-22, 08:20 PM
If you are a wizard for a few levels, and you're about to get your next point of BAB next level but prestige into another class that has the same BAB progression. do you

A. Start the progression over (this is the way we currently play it and makes the most sense to me)

or

B. continue in that progression as if you hadn't prestiged (this is the way that seems most fair to me)

ty for your time.

edit: we refers to my playgroup

eggynack
2015-08-22, 08:28 PM
By the standard rules, you would start over. The only thing that matters is what the actual number is under BAB. However, if you make use of the probably better fractional BAB/saves rules from unearthed arcana, then your progress would be taken into account, because you'd have, say. +3.5 BAB instead of a flat +3.

EdgarofFargo
2015-08-22, 08:48 PM
By the standard rules, you would start over. The only thing that matters is what the actual number is under BAB. However, if you make use of the probably better fractional BAB/saves rules from unearthed arcana, then your progress would be taken into account, because you'd have, say. +3.5 BAB instead of a flat +3.

Ty! I'll check those rules out for my self, but do you always round down and fractions just help with getting the points?

eggynack
2015-08-22, 08:54 PM
Ty! I'll check those rules out for my self, but do you always round down and fractions just help with getting the points?
That they do.

Razanir
2015-08-22, 09:05 PM
A little more on how fractional works:

Poor BAB is really just half your level, and Average is 3/4. So instead of rounding before adding, you do it afterward. As an example, let's say you're a bizarre Wizard 1/Cleric 1. By RAW, you have a BAB of 0. But with fractional bonuses, you have 1/2+3/4=1.25, or a BAB of +1.