PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Curse of the Crimson Throne] I have a castle and now I'm married. What?

Snowbluff
2015-08-23, 12:31 PM
So, we got a deck of many things draw as a part of the story.

My Cleric/Battle Templar got:
1) A castle "Ok, that's neat. I'll put it by the mountain near Corvosa."
2) I became LE "Wait... what?"
3) I got a marriage proposal from the wife of an Efreeti I killed with a Gold Wyrm simulacra "Well, if I'm an evil warlord now, I guess I could use the help."
4) I got Sabini as an archenemy. "Well, she already hated me, I guess."

Fortunately, the cleric cohort of the summoner had the sense to nail me with an atonement. So I'm not LE, I'm back to my CG self, but I have a bit of problem.

1) I'm not betrothed to an LE genie.
2) I've got a castle to outfit.
3) I've made an enemy of one of the good guy NPCs.

So... what do?

Bortasz
2015-08-23, 12:57 PM

Why this is a problem?

Hire accountant, majordomos and other servants. The Lord give others, you should have loyal servants that take care of day to day problems of castle.

Apologies, explain that you were under curse and now you are better, and ask how you can make from "I will kill you" to "I do not like you." ad worst case scenario.

NightbringerGGZ
2015-08-23, 02:11 PM

I assume you mean "now". Reading over the the effects of the deck, you have one week to marry the Efreeti via a "lavish ceremony" or tick her off. Personally, I say you should go for it if you can afford to pay for a ceremony. If you keep her as an NPC, woo her so she's inclined to help you (and grant you those three daily Wishes). You could also pick up Leadership and make her a cohort, but that's a bit cheesy. I think it would be much more fun to RP your interactions with her.

You get bonus points if you can convince your GM to make her a blonde named Jeanie.

That's easy. Offer it to your new bride as a wedding present. Do you get to choose how it looks and where its located? If so, make it a spectacular palace that she'd be impressed by. As for outfitting it, you can make a deal with your Genie wife that you use the first several wishes to wish for "Jeanie to outfit the palace as she desires."

Get one of your party members to intercede for you. At the least you should be able to get him to not actively plot against you for the duration of the campaign. Personally, I would have swung with the alignment shift and had my new wife "deal" with him. :smallbiggrin:

So... what do?

Jack_Simth
2015-08-23, 04:30 PM
You get bonus points if you can convince your GM to make her a blonde named Jeanie.Brunette. Efreeti are LE. Jeanie almost always meant well for everyone involved, and could very easily be a low wis CG. Her sister, however....

NightbringerGGZ
2015-08-23, 04:58 PM
Brunette. Efreeti are LE. Jeanie almost always meant well for everyone involved, and could very easily be a low wis CG. Her sister, however....

Very good point!