PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder World's Strongest Goblin

CGNefarious
2015-08-23, 06:32 PM
So while creating a backup character for a gestalt We Be Goblins campaign I'm in, I came up with an idea for a Brutal Slayer Stalker(DSP)//Abyssal Bloodrager in order to try and get the most massive strength score possible. Then I started to wonder what the highest strength I could possibly get is. Our bases stats are 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, and we can choose from Goblin, Blue, and Oversized Goblin for our race options. Running some really quick numbers I was able to get up to 58 Str at level 20.

Can you guys get it higher? I'm not even sure if I'm using the best class combination. But what is the absolute highest strength I can realistically get by level 20 within these restrictions?

Elricaltovilla
2015-08-23, 09:02 PM
What is an oversized goblin? I can't seem to find them anywhere on the SRD.

JDL
2015-08-23, 09:09 PM
Are templates banned? It's pretty easy to boost strength if you can slap a bunch of templates on your character.

almondsAndRain
2015-08-23, 09:11 PM
What is an oversized goblin? I can't seem to find them anywhere on the SRD.

I think it's this. (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsterCodex/goblins.html#goblin-variants)

Elricaltovilla
2015-08-23, 09:38 PM
If we could get a clearer list of what is and isn't allowed that would help things. Do bonuses from outside sources (like allies) count?

CGNefarious
2015-08-23, 11:54 PM
almondsAndRain is correct. Over-size is just a goblin variant. As far as what is allowed, mostly anything that is on the PFSRD. DPS stuff as well. I'd like to keep it to the highest strength score I can get from my own power as I can't control what my allies will pick for spells and such (one is an Aegis//Soulknife and the other a Rogue//Druid). Non-artifact items up to wealth by level are also perfectly acceptable. Prestige classes are allowed, though they must be used on the side of the gestalt that they progress. Also, we get a +1 to two stats of our choice every four levels, and a +1 to all our stats at levels 10 and 20.

This is what I have so far.

15 base
+2 racial
+14 morale (bloodrage)
+2 size (also from bloodrage)
+8 profane (brutal strikes)
+6 enhancement (belt)
+5 inherent (tome, but can be bumped up to +6 through Eldritch Heritage and the Abyssal Bloodline)
+6 through leveling

for a total of 58 strength at level 20.

Sayt
2015-08-24, 12:41 AM
I can't quite remember the name, but there's an item that lets you 'store' physical stats for later use. It gets used in one of the the Blood Money exploits, which might help you find it?.

CGNefarious
2015-08-24, 08:56 AM
Well that would be an interesting item, and not just for this character.

Also, templates are a no-go. We generally just leave those for the monsters.

Sayt
2015-08-24, 03:26 PM
Here we go, Blood Reservoir (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/blood-reservoir-of-physical-prowess). Standard action to get a +8 Inherent bonus to Str for two rounds.

You can also get your party to carry your extras for you, getting around the "One on your person" clause.