PDA

View Full Version : Loading Times/Time Outs

joe2tiger
2007-05-09, 07:27 PM
I have been experiencing problems loading the Order of the Stick strip at certain times for the past couple of weeks. I was wondering if other people are having the same problem, if so, could it be hosting server issues or a hacker doing a DoA(Denial of Service)?

-Joe D

jindra34
2007-05-09, 08:02 PM
Yep its due to the increase of the forum usage... the forums lately have had a huge spike in how much they are being used which uses a large amount of bandwith... Gaint is apparently on the case... i pray he finds a solution... it may help to buy the books... more funding= greater odds of additional servers = less lag.

Thorin
2007-05-09, 09:21 PM
i´ve had a lot of delay in loading the forum lately; buy not the srtip. It loads fairly quick

Deckmaster
2007-05-09, 09:59 PM
I've been having problems all day.

Starlit_Aria
2007-05-10, 12:44 AM
I've had problems with both as well, but more with the comic than the forums. And mine have also been for the last week or so.

TerraNova
2007-05-10, 01:05 AM
Same problem here: The forums load reasonably well, but the comic itself can't be loaded (dies on some kind of timeout). Only now, from my work PC, i can see this latest episode.

SaiKar
2007-05-10, 01:50 AM
I think the slowdowns corespond with "prime time" traffic hours, i.e. after work in the early evening when lots of people are relaxin' and checking webcomis = massive overload. But at 3 AM where I am, everything runs smoothly.

It's a huge downer not being able to see the new strip for hours. THAT is the kind of thing that, over time, will lose membership. I hope the staff is taking measures to upgrade the servers somehow.

PsyBlade
2007-05-10, 06:15 AM
Too much load on the forums. The forums are my primary problem. I don't look at the comic enough for it to matter there. Yes I do read the comic.