PDA

View Full Version : My master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome... [PrC]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-10, 01:15 AM
Eldritch Speaker
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/MouthofSauron.jpg

In the world, there are diplomats and there are those who use the powers of darkness and magic to twist the world around them, in the guise of diplomacy. Eldritch speakers are dark minions of evil lords or organizations, acting as the lord or organizations face and ambassador. It is almost never known when you are dealing with one, they tend to divert attention to strange goings on they might be associated with (specifically their slowly disfiguring mouthes).
Many mysterious suicides can also be attributed to high level Eldritch speakers, such as kings, dukes and rival guild masters who may have absolutely no reason to end their own lives. But should this happen, Eldritch speakers tend to do very well with covering this kind of thing up with words.
Some however are more obviously evil, wearing the twisted garb of their masters and showing off their twisted maw for all to see. But in this case, they still remain diplomats and ambassadors.

HD: d6

Prerequisites
Alignment: Any evil
Feats: Dark Speech (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Dark_Speech,FC1), Any one truename feat
Skills: Bluff or Diplomacy 6 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks, Perform (oratory) 2 ranks, Truespeak 6 ranks
Invocations: Able to use the Baleful Utterance invocation.
Utterances: Able to speak any 2nd level utterance.
Special: You must know your own personal truename.

Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (all skills, taken indevidually), Perform (oratory), Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Ride, Truespeak and Use Magic Device
Skill-points per level: 4+Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Invoking/Utterances
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Dark Recitation|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|--|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Decieve Item|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Fiendish Resilience 1|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Black Tongue|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Truename Research|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|--|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
8th|+6|+2|+2|+6|Fiendish Resilience 2|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
9th|+6|+3|+3|+6|--|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
10th|+7|+3|+3|+7|Utterance of Damnation|+1 of existing invocation using class/+1 of existing truename using class
[/table]

Weapon and Armor proficiencies: Upon becoming an Eldritch speaker you become proficient with all simple and martial weapons, but no armors or shields.

Invoking: At each level, you gain new invocations known and an increase in caster level as if you had also gained a level in an invocation-using class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. (This includes eldritch blast.) You do not, however, gain any other benefits a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one invocation-using class before becoming an eldritch theurge, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining caster level and invocations known.

Utterances: At every Eldritch speaker level you gain you increase your utterances known and effective truenamer level. This lets you gain utterances known from all three lexiconsif your effective Truenamer level allows it. This also effects the save DC's for your utterances.

Dark Recitation (Su): Upon taking your first level of this class, you gain a dark infusion of natural charisma and eldritch power. You gain a bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate and Perform (oratory) checks equal to your Eldritch Speaker level. Your mouth also begins to look more disfigured in some way, such as elongated or yellow teeth, a widened mouth or the look of a horrid infection.

Decieve Item (Ex): Just as the warlock class feature in Complete Arcane(pg. 8).

Fiendish Resilience (Su): Just as the warlock class feature in Complete Arcane(pg. 8).

Black Tongue (Sp): Upon reaching 5th level, you gain another small amount of foulness directly imbued onto your tongue. This lets you use bestow curse as a spell-like ability once per round at a range of 30 feet, but succeeding requires the use of a Truespeak check against the target foe. If the target passes their saving throw against this effect the Truespeak DC does not increase to use against the target foe again.

Truename Research: At 6th level, you gain Truename Research as a bonus feat. See page 229 of Tome of Magic for details.

Utterance of Damnation (Sp): Twice per day beginning at 10th level, you can invoke your unholy words of power into the mind of a single foe. You speak a few words of the Dark Speech and attempt to cause a foe to end it's own life as quickly as possible. They may attempt a will save against this with a DC of 10+Eldritch speaker level+Cha modifier or try their best to kill themself. These thoughts linger in their head for 5 rounds until they are allowed to take back control of their mind, but each round they are allowed a new save against this effect with an increasing DC of +1 for every subsequent round, failure indicates they must try to kill themselves again that round. Anyone killed in this manner has his soul absorbed into the eldritch speaker and cannot be brought back unless through the use of a True Resurrection, Wish or Miracle spell unless the eldritch speaker wishes otherwise.

http://www.tolkienforums.com/Mouth%20of%20sauron%20image.jpg

Catch
2007-05-10, 10:35 AM
I'd never thought of a Warlock/Truenamer before, but thanks to this class, I certainly might give it some thought.

An odd combination, but you've made it quite viable. Nice work.

Zeta Kai
2007-05-10, 10:42 AM
Wow, that's evil. Great job. I love the Utterance of Damnation. I've never seen any ability that causes your enemy to kill themself. Rather original.

A question, though: where are the prerequisites from (such as Dark Speech, Baleful Utterance, etc.)? Are they in the Book of Vile Darkness? I'd look up that book myself, but I'm at work.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-10, 01:13 PM
Wow, that's evil. Great job. I love the Utterance of Damnation. I've never seen any ability that causes your enemy to kill themself. Rather original.

A question, though: where are the prerequisites from (such as Dark Speech, Baleful Utterance, etc.)? Are they in the Book of Vile Darkness? I'd look up that book myself, but I'm at work.

Dark Speech (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Dark_Speech,FC1)was originally printed in the BoVD, but was reprinted in the Fiendish Codex I and baleful utterance is in complete arcane. It's basically a shatter spell.

The Glyphstone
2007-05-10, 05:59 PM

There's the psionic power Death Urge - 4th level mind-affecting telepathy power, does basically the same thing for 1 round/level. But this is much more flavorfully cool.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-10, 06:21 PM
There's the psionic power Death Urge - 4th level mind-affecting telepathy power, does basically the same thing for 1 round/level. But this is much more flavorfully cool.

Oh, hmm. If it's only the more flavorful equivalent of a 4th level power I ought to up it's power or something.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-13, 10:12 PM
I gave the final ability a little more 'umph'.

Ceres
2007-06-14, 08:39 AM
Oooh. Pure evil. My campaign is based heavily around demons and truespeak, and I'll seriously consider including this one. Thanks.

Oh, and as a fun fact. The actor who played "the mouth of sauron", seen in the picture above is Bruce Spence. The same who played Max's sidekick in the Mad Max movies:

http://silverlakefilmfestival.withoutabox.com/audimgs/file/4922.jpg

Human Paragon 3
2007-06-14, 12:23 PM
How delightfully evil!

What book is truenamer in?

EvilElitest
2007-06-14, 12:27 PM
True namer are in Tomb of Magic, and by the by, this class is awsome
from,
EE

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-14, 07:02 PM
Glad everyone likes it.:smallbiggrin:

Matthew
2007-06-16, 07:37 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty cool Prestige Class. Good work Krimm.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-22, 02:35 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty cool Prestige Class. Good work Krimm.

Thank you very much.:smallbiggrin:

Matthew
2007-06-22, 08:51 PM
Just a quick thought on the Skill List. It strikes me that Ride ought to be amongst the Class Skills. Of course, there is a case to be made for just about any Skill, but, given the inspiration, Ride seems appropriate.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-23, 12:57 AM
Just a quick thought on the Skill List. It strikes me that Ride ought to be amongst the Class Skills. Of course, there is a case to be made for just about any Skill, but, given the inspiration, Ride seems appropriate.

This is true. Just for flavor reasons, I think I'll add it. If someone has a real problem with it, tell me so. Though I doubt it's too powerful...