PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Removing sub-types by applying easily acquireable template help

Jowgen
2015-08-24, 02:07 PM
So, I am looking into ways to remove a creature's alignment based subtype. Polymorphing can work from what I read, but I find it cheesy. The Alignment Ritual from Savage Species certainly works, but can kill the target. So, now I am looking into using templates.

What I seek is a template that doesn't have to be good or effective, but it has to be an acquired template that removes/changes an alignment subtype when it is applied to a creature. The easier the template is to apply IC (e.g. via contagion) the better. Template effectiveness and/or drawbacks are a minor concern at best.

Any suggestions much appreciated :smallsmile:

DrMotives
2015-08-24, 02:14 PM
The undead templates from Draconomicon all remove all subtypes, although that probably isn't very helpful here.

Jowgen
2015-08-25, 11:14 AM
The undead templates from Draconomicon all remove all subtypes, although that probably isn't very helpful here.

After some extensive checking, it looks like those Dragon-specific undead subtypes are literally the only templates anywhere that actually remove a subtype. So it looks like this thread is a dead end. Back to the drawing board I guess. :smallfrown:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-08-25, 11:19 AM
Not remove, but you can permanently change a creature's current alignment subtypes to different ones with the Divine Minion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) template.