PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Unarmed Wrestler Optimisation Help

KrunkyMunky
2015-08-24, 03:12 PM
I need to design a fighter for my campaign to be 5th level, use no weapons, be an effective wrestler, and do as much damage per round as possible. Also, I would like to limit the books to the core rulebooks, Complete Warrior, Complete Adventurer, Unearthed Arcana, and Magic Item Compendium.
Cheers!
Edit: ECL 5, not just level 5
Edit number 2 electric boogaloo: What items should I get, as well?

Necroticplague
2015-08-24, 03:14 PM
Just to clarify: character level five or ECL five? Because were-sewerms are excellent grapplers, but Lycanthropic template eats up a bunch of ECL.

Telonius
2015-08-24, 03:14 PM
What sources are available? When you say "fighter," do you mean all levels in the Fighter class, or would you be open to other classes?

Amphetryon
2015-08-24, 03:15 PM
I need to design a fighter for my campaign to be 5th level, use no weapons, be an effective wrestler, and do as much damage per round as possible. Cheers!

A list of available sources, and an idea of what 'effective' means in your campaign would be helpful, as would indication of how much of the Fighter Class is necessary when calling this Character a 'fighter.'

Even better, if you have a build stub, folks are generally happy to give pointers and critiques. :smallsmile:

KrunkyMunky
2015-08-24, 03:17 PM
A list of available sources, and an idea of what 'effective' means in your campaign would be helpful, as would indication of how much of the Fighter Class is necessary when calling this Character a 'fighter.'

I have updated the question, thank you

KrunkyMunky
2015-08-24, 03:18 PM
What sources are available? When you say "fighter," do you mean all levels in the Fighter class, or would you be open to other classes?
All fighter style classes. I want to do melee damage mostly

IZ42
2015-08-24, 03:23 PM
All fighter style classes. I want to do melee damage mostly

All fighter style classes includes everything from Crusader and Monk to Barbarian and Marshal. I'm guessing, based on the lack of grappling support in ToB, you probably don't want that. Picking up levels in barbarian would probably be useful, as well as figuring out a way to get warshaper. Since I know barely anything about 3.5, I'm going to leave it at that and let the more experienced people help you.

KrunkyMunky
2015-08-24, 03:26 PM
All fighter style classes includes everything from Crusader and Monk to Barbarian and Marshal. I'm guessing, based on the lack of grappling support in ToB, you probably don't want that. Picking up levels in barbarian would probably be useful, as well as figuring out a way to get warshaper. Since I know barely anything about 3.5, I'm going to leave it at that and let the more experienced people help you.

Yes, any and all of those classes could work. I want it to do unarmed damage mostly though, so if you guys could help me with that, that would be beautiful :smallsmile:

Amphetryon
2015-08-24, 03:30 PM
Bear Totem Barbarian 4/Fighter 1 is a reasonable start, given your goals and source limitations. There's an argument to be made for either Barb 5, or Fighter 2, rather than the stub I initially suggest. Your goal, in upcoming levels, is Bear Warrior, which makes you quite competent as a grappler; the Feats necessary to get there are in your copy of Complete Warrior.

KrunkyMunky
2015-08-24, 03:55 PM
Bear Totem Barbarian 4/Fighter 1 is a reasonable start, given your goals and source limitations. There's an argument to be made for either Barb 5, or Fighter 2, rather than the stub I initially suggest. Your goal, in upcoming levels, is Bear Warrior, which makes you quite competent as a grappler; the Feats necessary to get there are in your copy of Complete Warrior.

Thanks! Ill start on the build, hopefully I'll be able to be good, but not outshine the party :smalltongue: