RMS Oceanic
2007-05-10, 06:31 AM
Inspired by these two from Unearthed Arcana:

Evasion
Prerequisites: Base Reflex Save Bonus +3
Effect: As evasion class skill.

Improved Evasion
Prerequisites: Base Reflex Save Bonus +7
Effect: As improved evasion class skill.

Mettle (From Hexblade)
You can shrug off the effects of harmful physical attacks more effectively.
Prerequisites: Base Fortitude Save Bonus +4
Effect: Whenever you make a fortitude save to reduce rather than eliminate a harmful effect (fortitude partial or fortitude half, for example), if you succeed, you may instead completely negate that effect. If you fail your save, it affects you like normal.

Insightful Strike (From Swashbuckler)
By thinking about your actions, you can make attacks in your foe's weak points.
Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Int 15
Benefit: Whenever you make an attack with a melee weapon, you may add your Int modifier, if any, to your damage roll, in addition to any strength modifier you add. Regardless of how you hold your weapon (two hands, off-hand etc.), you add your full modifier. This damage is multiplied on a critical. This damage cannot be added against monsters immune to critical hits.
You lose the benefits of this feat if you wear heavy or medium armour.

Graceful Strike (From Champion of Correllon Larithon)
Prerequisites: Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes, Dex 15
Whenever you make an attack with a weapon which you could apply the Weapon Finesse feat to, you may add your dex modifier, if any, to your damage roll, in addition to any strength modifier you add. Regardless of how you hold your weapon (two hands, off-hand etc.), you add your full modifier. This damage is multiplied on a critical. This damage cannot be added against monsters immune to critical hits.

For extras, I've come up with extra feats to facilitate multiclassing:

Ascetic Warrior [Multiclass, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Flurry of Blows class feature, Weapon Specialization (Unarmed Strike)
Benefits: Your fighter and monk levels stack for unarmoured AC bonus, flurry of blows penalty reduction and unarmed damage. In addition, your monk levels count as fighter levels when qualifying for a specific feat, such as Greater Weapon Focus. You can multiclass freely between Fighter and Monk.

Divine Warrior [Multiclass, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Divine Grace class feature, Weapon Specialization (Any)
Benefits: Your Fighter and Paladin levels stack for Smite Evil damage, determining the powers of your special mount and qualifying for fighter-only feats. You can multiclass freely betwen Paladin and Fighter.

How do they look?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-10, 07:39 AM
*coughshoheihadmettlefirstcough*

If you're doing this then you're going to be playing a slightly differant game.

I would add Weapon Finesse to Insightful strike's prerequisite.

Divine Warrior is too powerful. The only thing you lose is Lay on Hands. Also spells but nobody cares about Paladin spells.

Jarchh
2007-05-10, 01:34 PM
Nice idea but I can see adding feats like these as simply adding ways to break a character... well atleast making it alot easier by reducing the need for multiclassing.

brian c
2007-05-10, 02:11 PM
*coughshoheihadmettlefirstcough*

If you're doing this then you're going to be playing a slightly differant game.

I would add Weapon Finesse to Insightful strike's prerequisite.

Divine Warrior is too powerful. The only thing you lose is Lay on Hands. Also spells but nobody cares about Paladin spells.

Divine Warrior would be fine if you didn't let it affect the mount. Wouldn't be too strong, but it would still be worth taking for a Fighter/Paladin. The way it is now, yeah, there's no reason not to multiclass over to fighter if you started as a paladin.

Fizban
2007-05-10, 02:24 PM
Mettle also applies to will save partial spells, unless I'm wrong.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-10, 02:38 PM
Mettle also applies to will save partial spells, unless I'm wrong.

As it's written for Hexblade and Sohei. I've seen some Prcs with an ability called 'Mettle of Will' which is mettle but only for will saves and there might be a 'Mettle of Fortitude' as well. I'm guessing the OP decieded that fort and will was too powerful for a feat and therefore didn't coment on it.

ocato
2007-05-10, 06:44 PM
Headline: Song of Cosmic Fire turned into Feat. Ocato seen eating dragon brains while playing his +3 lute of Master Exploder. Film at 11.

Rama_Lei
2007-05-10, 07:48 PM
Giving Prc abilities like Graceful Strike is pushing it. It's a second level (I think) ability from a Prc with tough pre-regs.

Matthew
2007-05-18, 10:55 AM
I don't know, most of the issues with these can be fixed via BAB requirements. I do think all Class features should be converted into Feats and all Feats should be equally balanced. Unfortunately, they aren't, nor are Class Features in general equivalent to one another. These look okayish to me. Not likely to break the game anymore than Power Attack, anyway.

Duke Malagigi
2007-05-18, 10:00 PM
How about one for paladin/wizards, paladin/sorcerers or paladin/clerics. I might even make that one myself if you ask.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-19, 04:21 PM
I don't know, most of the issues with these can be fixed via BAB requirements. I do think all Class features should be converted into Feats and all Feats should be equally balanced. Unfortunately, they aren't, nor are Class Features in general equivalent to one another. These look okayish to me. Not likely to break the game anymore than Power Attack, anyway.

Power Attack doesn't break the game. It just allows you to use your skill with weapons to do more damage. It's only broken in that it favours two-handers too much.

Matthew
2007-05-19, 08:12 PM
Yeah, which is why it breaks the game. It makes all other Fighting styles pointless past level X.

RMS Oceanic
2007-05-21, 04:43 AM
How about one for paladin/wizards, paladin/sorcerers or paladin/clerics. I might even make that one myself if you ask.

Why not?

Devoted Healer
Prerequisites: Ability to spontaneously cast healing spells, Lay on Hands class feature.
Benefits: Your Paladin and Cleric levels stack for your ability to turn undead e.g. a Paladin 5/Cleric 3 could turn undead as an 8th level Cleric. They also stack for determining the amount you can heal with Lay on Hands. You may multiclass freely between Paladin and Cleric.

Arcane Devotee
Prerequisites: Divine Grace Class Feature, ability to spontaneously cast 2nd level arcane spells.
Benefits: Your caster level for spells you cast from your Sorcerer magic list is equal to your Sorcerer + Paladin levels. Your Paladin/Sorcerer levels stack for Smite Evil damage.
In addition, you may sacrifice a sorcerer spell slot of second level or higher to gain an additional use of your smite evil ability. For each level higher than 2 you sarifice, you gain a +1 sacred bonus to the damage from your smite ability. This ability is useable 3+charisma modifier times per day.
You may multiclass freely between Paladin and Sorcerer.

Devoted Magus
Prerequisites: Divine Grace, ability to prepare 2nd level arcane spells.
Benefits: For Wizard spells you cast, your caster level is equal to your Wizard+Paladin levels. Your Wizard and Paladin levels stack for smite evil damage.
In addition, whenever you cast a spell against a foe that normally deals damage, you may empower it with one of your smite evil attempts. You gain a sacred bonus equal to your charisma modifier to overcome spell resistance. If your foe succeeds on his saving throw against the spell, even if it only reduces the normal effects, the smite attempt is wasted. Otherwise he can make a Will save (DC 10 + your charisma modifier + half your combined Wizard/Paladin levels) to negate the smite. If more than one person would be affected by this spell, you choose who is the receipiant of the smite.
You may multiclass freely between Wizard and Paladin.

I put in that will save because otherwise it would make spells like Magic Missile immensely powerful. What do you think?