PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Several Homebrew items for godless campaign (1 class, 1 subclass, 2 races) PEACH

bloodshed343
2015-08-25, 12:35 PM
Janissary, an Arcane/Primal 1/3 caster (It can't cast spells, but has some pretty good ritual casting.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z9UIfXnAJlYu-0qPvFhYKjzJKRY2LHaQ3H8G4QFTrPo/edit?usp=sharing

The Elementalist Wizard, meant to bridge the gap between more ancient forms of magic and modern wizardry, which is new in the world. This replaces the Necromancer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1POLm77pfYMw_pIFVcD4A0BeVLScCOTNsgg936m_0lCE/edit?usp=sharing

And two Goblinoid races to play as:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zEiGy6q3NYgmvsXp7m45DgVQt_qM-LjlraPPa7KSQxQ/edit?usp=sharing

BRKNdevil
2015-08-28, 07:53 PM
Janissary is way op now. the super rage along with the superior crit and reach improvements make it stupid powerful. Thats not even mentioning the the different path bonus damage x2 for some of them. Plus its super SAD and i'm thinking that you should try to figure out how to make it less... Dunno

Anyways, almost all of it is way to much and it needs a lot of reworking that i don't even know where to begin

The only things i'm not having issues with is the saves, skills, hit die, and the first 2 auras, but the third one is kinda off

bloodshed343
2015-08-28, 08:16 PM
Janissary is way op now. the super rage along with the superior crit and reach improvements make it stupid powerful. Thats not even mentioning the the different path bonus damage x2 for some of them. Plus its super SAD and i'm thinking that you should try to figure out how to make it less... Dunno

Anyways, almost all of it is way to much and it needs a lot of reworking that i don't even know where to begin

The only things i'm not having issues with is the saves, skills, hit die, and the first 2 auras, but the third one is kinda off

The extra critical damage and critical range were meant to be reduced in the latest round of changes and made to only apply to arcane flurry attacks. The bonus to AC should equal constitution instead of intelligence to make it a 3 attribute class. The latest changes were rushed cause I had to get out, but I wouldn't have noticed the SAD problem if you hadn't said anything, so thanks for that.

The last aura is gonna become something fluffy. I haven't decided what yet. The capstone is getting a small nerf too.

Oh, and I'm removing one of the extra uses of Arcane Flurry.

I want to take away the intelligence > strength substitution, but that would make it too MAD for anyone who wants to use a great sword (int, dex, con, and str would need to be 16+)

Unless I gave medium armor proficiency and just changed the AC bonus from infusion to a flat +2. As it is now, you can only use a great sword while infusion is active, then you have to switch weapons.

Edit: Nerfs are in. I'm still looking for a replacement for Inspiring Infusion, if anyone has any ideas.

Edit 2: Just realized a 20th level Janissary of the verdant bloom tradition could have gotten 65 temp hp every single turn as a bonus action, making it a better tank than an onion druid. Added a clause to clarify that the character can only gain temp hp once per short or long rest, and nerfed the amount of temp hp gained.