PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tibbit Conversion and Queries

TheForgewright
2015-08-25, 01:44 PM
I am playing a Tibbit, ala Dragon Compendium from 3.5 in a Pathfinder game and wanted a 2nd (or 3rd, or 7th) pair of eyes to look at the conversion and rules clarifications that I've put together. I would appreciate honest feedback. My goal was to make the feline form usable for some things, but not a combat exploitable form. I think short of specializing for it, it is just that, and still balanced even in that situation. I will be honest, I have not run this through the advanced race guide yet to see point totals. By end of day, I'll have that up if it hasn't been done by some industrious forum goer already.

Original conversion as of 8/25/15:

Everything is as per the original, save for the following changes and clarifications

Racial stat modifiers: -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int
+2 to Perception, Acrobatics and Escape Artist
Shapeshift (I felt this needed clarification, since polymorph has changed):
Become tiny sized cat as standard action
Stats change from humanoid form, -8 Str (Min 3), +2 Dex
Gain scent
Gain primary 2x claw (1d2) and secondary bite (1d3) attacks that have the weapon finesse ability on them
+1 Natural Armor (debating on whether or not to keep this, as cats do not have this, but Pathfinder's polymorph works as Beast Shape II, which does give it)
Lose Darkvision and gain Low Light Vision
Use dexterity to climb instead of strength
May revert to humanoid form as a full round action
No health is restored on shapeshifting

Updated version, from forum suggestions:

[Pending]

Psyren
2015-08-25, 02:00 PM
- You can remove the natural armor adjustment, just say "...this functions as beast shape II, except the Tibbit can only assume the form of a tiny cat, its natural armor is not changed by this ability, and it retains its darkvision."

- Str adjustment in kitty form should be -2, not -8. (Tibbits are Small.)
- Dex adjustment in kitty form should be +4, not +2.
- No need to add Dex, Tiny and smaller creatures automatically use Dex to attack if its higher.
- Should probably be +Cha rather than +Int but this is minor
- Claws and Bite are all primary attacks in PF and suffer no penalty
- To compensate for their at-will 4th-level SLA, it should probably take a full-round action rather than a standard.
- Shapeshifting does not heal in PF