PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What does a dragonreborn warforged look like

Prax4788
2015-08-26, 07:01 PM
the title is simple what does it look like ? does it change at all sence its made of metal

how are feats like adamantite body affected

and what happens to embedded warforged parts ?

FocusWolf413
2015-08-27, 02:01 AM
It's all fluff, but I'd say he looks like a robot version of whatever he's supposed to be.

If he's a 7 foot draconic humanoid with wings, maybe the scales are made of lustrous black adamantine with a bright metallic green sheen. His wings would have pistons instead of fingers, and the membranes would be made of a shimmering green foil. His teeth would be a field of razors, with his four canines the size and shape of small daggers.

Just fluff it. It only matters that you have fun.

Troacctid
2015-08-27, 02:07 AM
And yes, the Adamantine Body feat is retained, and it still functions. You're still a Warforged and your embedded parts still function.

OldTrees1
2015-08-27, 07:12 AM
The transformation is conducted without your possessions (Pg 8, Rite of Rebirth. 3rd paragraph). Your embedded components would be removed for the duration of the transformation.

However you still count as your original race for all effects related to race (Pg 8, Racial Traits, Type and Pg 10, Mechanics of Rebirth, Type). So you can reequip your embedded components when you emerge from your shell

You lose your basic plating (Pg 10, Mechanics of Rebirth) however it does not remove your HD feats unless you stop qualifying for them(Pg 10, Mechanics of Rebirth, 2nd column). Since you still qualify for the Adamantine Body feat, you keep that plating.

Noble. Draconic. Nearly every description of a dragonborn includes those two words. So thoroughly has a dragonborn physically transformed that only the framework of her former appearance remains. Dragonborn are always slightly bigger than most other members of their original race

So I doubt your adamatine plating would be visible.

Chronos
2015-08-27, 08:58 AM
But doesn't Adamantine Plating work by modifying your racial Composite Plating? You don't retain the Composite Plating, so how can you have any modifications to it?

Hand_of_Vecna
2015-08-27, 09:09 AM
"I AM TETSUJIN"

http://agc.deskslave.org/comic_viewer.html?goNumber=420

Nifft
2015-08-27, 09:24 AM
But doesn't Adamantine Plating work by modifying your racial Composite Plating? You don't retain the Composite Plating, so how can you have any modifications to it?

It's not an alternate class feature. It doesn't depend on the previous bonus existing and being replaced.

Your armor bonus is increased to +8 and you gain damage reduction 2/adamantine. Doesn't say that you had a +2 armor bonus before it got increased; you might have had +0, and the text still works fine.

- - -

Now, for really odd mental imagery, think about how to visualize a Warforged with the Dragonscale Husk ACF (from Dragon Magic).

Xervous
2015-08-27, 09:40 AM
I just realized he said dragonreborn... does that mean he's looking for a Rand alThor warforged?