PDA

View Full Version : Does Snowflake wardance count as a bardic Music ability?

Masakan
2015-08-27, 06:00 AM
Im pretty sure it isn't but i just need some clarity.

Darrin
2015-08-27, 06:15 AM
Im pretty sure it isn't but i just need some clarity.

No.

Snowflake Wardance requires bardic music as part of the prerequisites. That means you already have to have bardic music before you can get Snowflake Wardance, and if you lose bardic music, you lose the ability to use Snowflake Wardance.

Socratov
2015-08-27, 06:15 AM
It counts as much as DMM counts as having a turning ability.

You see, while you can use Bardic music attempts to spend on SW it doesn't make you a bard (arguably you could take extra music and SW (if you waive the prereqs.) and SW as a non bard). Teh bardic music abilites are outlined in the entries for Bard and prestige classes that grant and/or advance bardic music abilites (and they are usually songs like countersong, Inspire Courage, and so on), and usually include some form of: "You may use [ability] as a bardic music ability once [prereqs.] are met."

Masakan
2015-08-27, 06:18 AM
So does that mean I need Melodic Casting in order to use spells while using snowflake wardance?

The Glyphstone
2015-08-27, 06:21 AM
So does that mean I need Melodic Casting in order to use spells while using snowflake wardance?

No, because it is not a bardic music ability. That is what people just said. You cannot take or use Snowflake Wardance without the ability to use bardic music, but it is not a bardic music ability itself.

Masakan
2015-08-27, 06:29 AM
ok good thank god.