PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder manifesting from another list as part of a collective

RolkFlameraven
2015-08-27, 12:26 PM
This might have been brought up before but I'm not seeing it.

In a game that my group just started up my wife is playing a Vitalist and I'm going into gifted blade. Once we hit level 3 she will get the Telepathy part of her collective and that has this bit to say about manifesting from my list, or me from hers

Psionic creatures who are willing members in a vitalist's collective (including the vitalist himself) may manifest unknown powers from powers known by another willing psionic creature in the collective as if they were making physical contact.

Now, my first take was that she and I would be able to manifest any power that we share from out lists so long as we make the DC 15+power level check but the more I read that less certain I am about that.

Does this part of the collective bypass all of the 'contact' part of going off someone list like I think it does, or will she and I still have to go though all of those checks every time we try?

Mehangel
2015-08-27, 12:40 PM
From my understanding, you still need to make the DC each time that you manifest off another's list. The collective only allows it so that physical contact is no longer necessary. The DC however is usually very easy to accomplish.

RolkFlameraven
2015-08-27, 01:19 PM
Herm, so its still a DC 20, fallowed by two DC 15+ power level each time? And it would still take two rounds at that, darn. It was almost always going to be out of combat powers anyway so its hardly that bad but I was hoping the collective would speed things up at lest, oh well at lest we will not have to hold hands for her to use my vigor or expansion and then toss it to the rest of the network.