PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Transforming into a Devil

Hiro
2015-08-27, 02:29 PM
Is it possible for a mage (Wizard, Sorc, etc) to use a polymorph any object spell to permanently become an Erinyes but without the Evil core? (Like you could hold onto your alignment because you've artificially become one)

noob
2015-08-27, 03:14 PM
In pathfinder PAO does not allows you to become a devil.(Nor any exterior even if you are one)

Hiro
2015-08-27, 03:21 PM
Then I suppose you're have to use a carefully worded wish spell.

Or end up cursed somehow.

noob
2015-08-27, 03:23 PM
In this case it is all up to the GM and might vary from campaign to campaign.
If you are a GM then it is up to you to choose what happens depending on the wording of the wish and of the campaign.

Psyren
2015-08-27, 03:56 PM
PaO can't do this but you could take over an Erinyes' body e.g. with Magic Jar or the new toys introduced in Occult Adventures, Possession and (Major) Mind Swap.

Hiro
2015-08-27, 04:12 PM
The Question I have in response to that is wouldn't the spell eventually end and cause you to be shunted out of it and probably have to deal with the now-angry Devil?

I'm asking cuz I generated a char as one, that hadn't died but ended up the "right hand" of a major devil lord and just ended up as one. But I can't for the life of me explain why/how it happened. Then again If I'm playing as the GM I guess I don't hav eto explain it do I

Ezekiul
2015-08-27, 04:21 PM
True Mind Switch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/m/mind-switch) is a legitimate option. Finding a way to do it as a non-telepath might be difficult due to it being a level 9 power. You could use a Dorje of True Mind Switch and a good UMD check for the listed price of 114,750 (or 2,295 gold if you can convince someone to sell one with 1 charge left).

Urpriest
2015-08-27, 04:28 PM
Mortals do sometimes work for devil lords. You don't have to be an Erinyes to get a gig in hell's hierarchy.

Psyren
2015-08-27, 05:48 PM
The Question I have in response to that is wouldn't the spell eventually end and cause you to be shunted out of it and probably have to deal with the now-angry Devil?

No, Major Mind Swap (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mind-swap) is Instantaneous. You can jump bodies and then kill your original body, staying as an Erinyes with your original mind (and thus alignment) forever. It is also first-party.

Note you won't get the Erinyes' SLAs this way however.

noob
2015-08-27, 05:54 PM
Well for this spell you need to poly-morph the erinye into an humanoid(alter shape does the work).

Hiro
2015-08-27, 05:59 PM
Note: Target: one creature of your same race

This could be a problem with that *chuckle*

Slithery D
2015-08-27, 06:42 PM
PaO can't do this but you could take over an Erinyes' body e.g. with Magic Jar or the new toys introduced in Occult Adventures, Possession and (Major) Mind Swap.

Nope, Major Mind Swap (but not temporary Mind Swap) has this as a limitation:
Target one creature of your same race

I suppose your DM might let you do a Wish that would change your type/subtype to Devil for one round, then let you do a Major Mind Swap as your next action.

Edit: Scratch that, it's got a 1 minute casting time.

Hiro
2015-08-29, 01:58 PM
You could get a friend to that type/sub-type change for you then use the MMS.

BTW: unrelated/partially but could a half-demon theoretically be neutral aligned? Like one conceived via magical experimentation (As a unexpected side effect)

noob
2015-08-29, 02:04 PM
"BTW: unrelated/partially but could a half-demon theoretically be neutral aligned? Like one conceived via magical experimentation (As a unexpected side effect) "
I have seen no rules preventing them from becoming neutral or good(you know without magic demons can become good)

Hiro
2015-08-29, 02:28 PM
Thanks that's good to know ^^

I was asking cuz I was considering working toward a Wrath of the Righteous Adventure path with a char like that. Just for the sake of lulz