PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other A Homonculus, P.E.A.C.H. (alternate title, I was bored and watched too much FMA)

Stake A Vamp
2015-08-27, 05:14 PM
Lust
Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 10D10+20 (75 HP)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 30 ft
Armor class: 16 (+6 Dex)
Base attack/Grapple:+7/+8
Attack: Claw +13 (2d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +13 (2d6+5)
Special Attacks:: Wounding
Special Qualities: Homonculus Regeneration 20 (100), Construct Traits, long Claws
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 22, Con -, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +17, Diplomacy +17, Hide +19, Move Silently +19
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave
Enviroment: Urban
Organization: solitary, or cabal (Lust, Gluttony, and Envy)
Challenge Rating: 7
Alignment: NE

An almost perfect construct, the Homonculus is created by separating a portion of a humans soul from them, and using a core of a philosophers stone to power them, giving them incredible regenerative capabilities, and superhuman abilities. this Particular Homonculus is created by removing the lustful sins of the soul, and concentrating them into one being.

Combat

Lust prefers to manipulate from the sideline, but if provoked, she prefers to focus on one opponent until they are dropped.

Homonculus regeneration
Lust can heal up to twenty hitpoints per round on her turn (up to and not exceeding her normal hitpoints) however, she can only heal 100 hitpoints in this way, before she must replenish her philosophers stone.

Long claws
Due to her unnatural ability to extend her claws, lust can attack, and threatens, opponent s 5, 10, and up to 15 feet away.

Wounding
Lusts claws deal 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss when it hits a creature. A critical hit does not multiply the Constitution damage. Creatures immune to critical hits (such as plants and constructs) are immune to the Constitution damage dealt by wounding.

So, I tried to stat up one of the homonculi, what do you think. anything i have forgotten, or should do differently. have i under-cr'd her? Please, I'm all ears.

noob
2015-08-27, 05:24 PM
FMA means?
Else does it counts for an homonculus familiar of an artificier(in this case it would be overpowered compared to many other homonculus familiars)
Also the best way to know the CR of a monster is to use it against a virtual team of extremely dumb adventurers which barely know any concept other than hitting(that is how the manual says the monsters cr must be balanced) else you will have a wrong CR(compared to the other monsters of the base manual of monsters because different manuals does not have the same power for the same FP some have way more powerful monsters for the same CR) if you pitted him with a fighter who did not unoptimized properly.

Zaydos
2015-08-27, 05:28 PM
FMA = Fullmetal Alchemist it's a manga and pair of anime.

As for the monster. I'd make it Fast Healing instead of Regeneration since it mechanically functions like the former (Regen converts to nonlethal). I also feel construct is probably the wrong type for a homonculus but not sure what would be right (maybe living construct). Not sure about CR.

Debihuman
2015-08-28, 04:23 AM
I see a few errors here. First, she has two claws so damage is straight strength modifier. Also, she cannot have regeneration since she has no constitution score. Give her fast healing instead.

If she has reach with her claws, note it in stat block as well. Space/Reach line is missing.

As I'm unfamiliar with the source material, I would need more details to give feedback.

Special Abilities always have a designation. These should be Extraordinary.

Challenge Rating might be high. you should compare to similar critters.

Debby

inuyasha
2015-08-28, 08:53 AM
Honestly I think I'd make them native outsiders for a few reasons, mostly the fact about all their saves being good. This would also allow them regeneration which actually makes more sense than fast healing, because regeneration really prevents you from dying if you don't have the proper damage type, and these guys are obscenely tough to kill.