PDA

View Full Version : Speed demon

RingofThorns
2015-08-27, 06:26 PM
I was wondering in 3.5 how could I make my character faster? I was thinking of making this part of a melee character I have I would prefer keeping my race set to wood elf, so I would like to know of any big feats or items that make you faster. To explain what I mean I am looking for the kind of speed where if you miss my character with like a bow...then you either need to run or swap to a melee weapon because you arent getting a second shot before I am in your face kind of speed.

Venger
2015-08-27, 07:05 PM
here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=13532.0) is a pretty comprehensive guide to making your guy faster.

Frakbox
2015-08-27, 10:20 PM
I use Redblade for fast D&D 3.5 character design. It has it's flaws but you can get characters created very quickly.

Do a google search. It should be one of the first options.

The guy who was making it was going to make another version, but I think 4e came out and he decided it wasn't worth it anymore since he was doing it for free. Not sure

Hiro Quester
2015-08-27, 10:45 PM
Swiftblade (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327). "Haste Personified".

It's more of a gish class than a straight melee. But speed is a swiftblade's reason for being. Mostly created by abuse of the Haste spell.

While sorcerers and wizards consider haste one of many spells in their repertoire, swiftblades covet haste above all others. As a swiftblade, your arcane-assisted speed combined with melee skill can turn your first strike into a deadly assault. Swiftblades discover unconventional ways to utilize the haste spell, permanently augmenting their speed and fusing complimentary spell effects into each casting. In a very real sense, swiftblades bond to their chosen spell until the two become immutable.

Evolved Shrimp
2015-08-29, 01:03 AM
This is probably not what you’re looking for, but just for completeness’ sake: Lords of Madness (p216) has the Extended Legs graft. The Silthilar (CG aberrations) extend your legs in a one-time operation, which increases your height by 5% and your land speed by 5 ft.

Upsides: Permanent; not magical, so not dispellable etc.; doesn’t take up a feat, level, or item slot; stacks with everything else
Downsides: Only 5 ft increase; price: 91,000 gp

RingofThorns
2015-09-03, 07:18 PM
True most of these wont take up a feat or item slot however I specifically asked for feats or items that could allow me to move faster, and the one page that was linked doesnt really tell me much because when I looked at the page it didnt say what edition any of that info was from so in use it does me no good.

erok0809
2015-09-03, 07:51 PM
True most of these wont take up a feat or item slot however I specifically asked for feats or items that could allow me to move faster, and the one page that was linked doesnt really tell me much because when I looked at the page it didnt say what edition any of that info was from so in use it does me no good.

If you're talking about the link Venger put up, all of the suggestions in that handbook have sources listed. Almost every one of those is 3.5.

RingofThorns
2015-09-03, 11:24 PM
Ah fair enough didnt notice, my bad.