PDA

View Full Version : Her legacy

The Insanity
2015-08-28, 02:06 AM
In my setting the very first kitsune was created by an Arcane Hierophant (Sorcerer/Druid prc) from his animal companion/familiar fox. She (the fox) was a child when she became humanoid, so the Arcane Hierphant (a woman) raised her as her own. The kitsune had some children (who obviously were also kitsune), her children had children, their children had children, etc. , you get the idea. A few thousand years later kitsune, although not particularly numerous, are a race of their own.
I'm wondering how could that first kitsune's actions, preferences, experiences and story have influenced her race's traditions.
Being a completely new race forced her to conceal her true form and blend into human society, forever on the move, so that could be one of the things that she passed down to her descendants. Any other ideas?

Honest Tiefling
2015-08-29, 08:34 PM
You'd think some people would resent being a result of unholy and unnatural experimentation for unknown and possibly crazed reasons. What benefit does being a fox person have? If you have to conceal yourself, you will always have to hide. Perhaps some have banded together in rejection of her views and traditions, and secretly practice rituals to defile both the memory of the first kitsune and the mage that changed them.

Otherwise, I would imagine that if the race hides among another one, they have adopted most of the cultural values of the one they mimic. So any practices they have would have to be done out of sight, and be quite private. They might value privacy for this very reason, and get very offended (and defensive) if people overstep these boundaries.