PDA

View Full Version : Does the IFCC count as the demigods?

AngelusAlvus
2015-08-28, 11:49 AM
I'm curious to know if Hel had made deals with every other powerful evil being.

Keltest
2015-08-28, 11:51 AM
Almost certainly not. They are described as having a non-compete clause with the gods, which would be odd indeed if they were divine themselves.

AngelusAlvus
2015-08-28, 12:46 PM
Almost certainly not. They are described as having a non-compete clause with the gods, which would be odd indeed if they were divine themselves.

Well, they kind of made a deal with Tiamat when V messed with the black dragons, so they aren't exactly neutral when it comes to deals with gods.

NerdyKris
2015-08-28, 12:58 PM
A non compete with the gods implies they aren't gods, and therefore wouldn't be one of the demi gods at the moot. To be a demi god with a cleric at the moot, they would have to be able to grant said cleric spells, which the IFCC stated they can't do.

Keltest
2015-08-28, 12:59 PM
Well, they kind of made a deal with Tiamat when V messed with the black dragons, so they aren't exactly neutral when it comes to deals with gods.

They made a deal because Tiamat confronted them and they really didn't want her to come down there and kill them all. That doesn't really have much to do with them being divine or not.

Porthos
2015-08-28, 01:13 PM

Who says that gods only deal with other gods? Even without getting into mythology, D&D itself is ripe with critters/beings/people that are on a similar power level with gods without being divine.

It's the power level which was important there in the disucssion between Tiamat and the IFCC, not the divinity.

AngelusAlvus
2015-08-28, 01:17 PM
I see. Thanks for claryfying things for me, guys. I guess I should re-read the comic to remember some plot elements