PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Making a Zerg (Starcraft) race in Pathfinder, specificly Abathur.

Deca4531
2015-08-28, 01:32 PM
so i have been playing a lot of Heroes Of The Storm lately and really love the concept of Abathur, who's sole job is to enhance the abilities of his allies. I'm about to start a new campaign and wanted to try roleplaying this character. since no race i know of fits him right i wanted to custom make one, nothing too over the tap but something that matches what Abathur is. Here is what i have come up with so far, any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/heroesofthestorm/images/6/68/Abathur.jpg/revision/20131122234804

Zerg Race (Abathur specific)

Aberration (3 RP)

Aberrations have bizarre anatomies, strange abilities, alien mindsets, or any combination of the three. An aberration has the following features.

Aberrations have the darkvision 60 feet racial trait.
Aberrations breathe, eat, and sleep.

Medium (0 RP): Medium races have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. A Medium creature has a space of 5 feet by 5 feet and a reach of 5 feet.

Slow Speed (–1 RP): The race has a base speed of 20 feet. If the race is Medium, its members' speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.

Standard Language (0 RP): Members of this race start with Common plus their racial language (if any). Furthermore, choose up to seven languages (except for Druidic or other secret languages). Members of this race with high Intelligence scores can choose from any of these additional languages.

(ability Scores)
Greater Paragon (2 RP): Members of this race gain a +4 bonus to one ability score, a –2 penalty to one physical ability score, and a –2 penalty to one mental ability score.

OR

Paragon (1 RP): Members of this race gain a +4 bonus to a single ability score, and a –2 penalty to either all physical or all mental ability scores. If the bonus is to a single physical ability score, the penalties apply to all mental ability scores, and vice versa.

Natural Armor (2 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.

Burrow (3 RP): Prerequisite: Normal speed; Benefit: Members of this race gain a burrow speed of 20 feet. Special: This trait can be taken twice. The second time it is taken, the burrow speed increases to 30 feet.

Naturally Psionic (? RP): gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. If a xeph takes levels in a psionic class, he instead gains the Psionic Talent feat.

I plan to play him as a Vitalist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist) since that class seems closest to his role in the zerg. again any suggestions on how to recreate him be it race traits or class builds is very welcome, and thank you in advance

inuyasha
2015-08-28, 01:53 PM
I'll help you out :smile:! I really like abathur as well.

Aberration type:
Good start, definitely fits, 3 RP worth

medium-slow speed-language:
Totally fine, net -1 RP worth

Ability scores:
These need definition, what exactly does he have bonuses towards? I would give him greater paragon +4 constitution, -2 dexterity, -2 charisma. As this is abathur I don't imagine him being too graceful in either sense of the word, but I do imagine him tough as he is a unique zerg creature. 2 RP worth

Natural Armor-Burrow
totally makes sense, net 5 RP

Naturally psionic:
This is replicated by a static bonus feat with no prerequisites, which means it's worth 2 RP

Total RP= 11

I like the idea you've created, this definitely makes sense as a toned down abathur for player use.

Deca4531
2015-08-28, 03:21 PM
i was planning on putting the +4 in WIS or INT, since he is more the intellectual and less so a beefcake.

inuyasha
2015-08-28, 08:34 PM
Then definitely go INT as he's all about the creation of new strains. That takes brains. The reason I said constitution is the zerg's general ability to survive in any environment given to them, but that could also be replicated by feats representing specific strains. INT is probably a good choice.