PDA

View Full Version : Help: Cloistered Facto Academic Learner - campaign starts soon

bean illus
2015-08-28, 08:54 PM
Facto1/Cloistered3/Inquisitor3/W1/Dweomer2/Seeker1/Contemplative1/DK8

32 point: 10, 16, 14 - 14, 10, 14

My hope is that somewhere in between high skill access, and CL18 i can make a character.

This build would need a flaw, because it takes two "1st level only" feats,

Flaw: Murky Eyed
Feats: Academic Priest, Able Learner

This brings the Factotum into play throughout the build, and allows the growing Int/skills access (1 point cost and max ranks = lvl+3). But i lose a caster level. What do i gain? Max UMD and:

Inspiration, cunning insight, cunning knowledge, trapfinding, martial weapons and shields.

Cunning Insight (Ex): Before making an attack roll, damage roll, or saving throw, you can spend 1 inspiration point to gain a competence bonus on the roll equal to your Intelligence modifier. Cunning insight does not require an action, and you can use it as often as you wish during your turn or others’ turns—provided that you have the inspiration points to spend. Because this ability provides a competence bonus, it does not stack with itself.

Twice per encounter with a 'scaling' bonus on primary stat sounds pretty good.

The BIG QUESTION IS WHAT DO I DO WITH IT? Meaning how do i make it rock and roll?

I have 6 domains, and 6 feat slots available. I would love any advice. Lose the Wizard...for what?

noob
2015-08-28, 09:01 PM
so what is the caster level in cleric and wizard?
I do not have the feeling that wizard and cloistered cleric levels stacks and which classes spellcasting do you make progress with each prc.

bean illus
2015-08-29, 12:23 AM
so what is the caster level in cleric and wizard?
I do not have the feeling that wizard and cloistered cleric levels stacks and which classes spellcasting do you make progress with each prc.

The CC and W do not stack. There is little reason for the wizard except to qualify for DK. I am wondering if the playground will suggest a feat, or a different class.

Wait! The requirements (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAAahUKEwiG8_C7l8vHAhVJEpIKHZsuAA0&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftherafim.wikidot.com%2Fdweomerkee per&ei=KQTgVca6BsmkyASb3YBo&usg=AFQjCNH4smohJZuElUsj-lOe8qBc3-DRPw&sig2=0bBQg-iC3WrIW-Nd1srG1w&cad=rjt) don't say i need arcane casting! They say i need an item creation feat. Wizard should probably go away.
But i keep looking for what to replace it with, and can't find anything perfect. Master of Mask looks good. It gives fly, and nondetection.

noob
2015-08-29, 08:04 AM
You can take DK levels sooner?
(Like me who posts sooner than you?(I really do not understand posts dates))