PDA

View Full Version : Is there any sort of Rouge/Cleric Prestige class?

Masakan
2015-08-29, 10:28 AM
I can't for the life of me find one.

Venger
2015-08-29, 11:14 AM
There are many, but cleric/rogue isn't exactly a good mix.

Black flame zealot is the first one that springs to mind. it's in complete divine.

Rebel7284
2015-08-29, 11:16 AM
With a couple of entry tricks, Arcane Trickster can progress divine casting.

jiriku
2015-08-29, 11:19 AM
Shadowbane Stalker in Complete Adventurer.
Spellwarp Sniper in Complete Scoundrel.
Black Flame Zealot in Complete Divine.

Can't think of any others.

Edit: While it does not qualify as written, the Unseen Seer from Complete Mage could easily be adapted to require and progress divine spells, and has the right flavor for that sort of thing.

Pluto!
2015-08-29, 12:01 PM
There are a few, but none that work the way we all know they should. (They all either lose a bunch of caster levels, or focus on stupid non-functional abilities in place of the SA that you're probably actually interested in.)

I would run a full-casting 10-level PrC requiring 1d6 SA, evasion, 2nd level divine spells and 8 Move silently ranks, providing 3/4 BA, d6 HD, 6+Int skills and SA advancement at levels 1,4,7,10.

Maybe some flavorful but minimally impactful unique perk like the ability to make offerings of stolen goods in exchange for magical effects at a reasonable exchange rate, along the lines of the OA Samurai's Ancestral Daisho.

gorfnab
2015-08-29, 01:17 PM
The feat, Sacred Outlaw (Drg #357), stacks Rogue and Cleric levels to determine sneak attack damage.

The Giant himself, Rich Burlew, created this Divine Trickster prestige class: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?172910-Articles-Previously-Appearing-on-GiantITP-com&p=9623145#post9623145

Nohwl
2015-08-29, 01:44 PM
maybe ruby knight vindicator. depends on how roguish you wanted to be.

Troacctid
2015-08-29, 01:46 PM
Shadowbane Stalker is the best fit.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-08-29, 01:48 PM
Just go Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric), get the Trickery and Kobold (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a) (renamed Trap) domains, and trade your free Knowledge domain for Knowledge Devotion. Get DMM: Persist for buffs, use Invisible Spell with (Greater) Luminous Armor, and you're better than any Rogue could ever dream of.

If you want Evasion + Uncanny Dodge, pick up Divine Oracle 4, gaining its feat prerequisite from the Frog God's Fane in CS without spending a feat on it.
If you want more class features, pick up Contemplative, and be sure to get the Destiny domain in RoD so you can DMM: Persist its 9th level spell.

noob
2015-08-29, 02:26 PM
"Rouge"
He wants something rouge so obviously ruby knight vindicator because ruby is red(or rouge)
Then you can grab a prestidigitation scroll and make rouge all your clothes and also your sword and your armor and everything you use (even your scrolls) then you make rouge all your allies too and then you walk around with thousand or rouge paint pots and you color everything in rouge.
Well I am joking in fact the best way is cleric + traits +domains + some feats + some int +human and never taking any level in rogue.

Max Caysey
2015-08-29, 02:44 PM
Just go Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric), get the Trickery and Kobold (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a) (renamed Trap) domains, and trade your free Knowledge domain for Knowledge Devotion. Get DMM: Persist for buffs, use Invisible Spell with (Greater) Luminous Armor, and you're better than any Rogue could ever dream of.

If you want Evasion + Uncanny Dodge, pick up Divine Oracle 4, gaining its feat prerequisite from the Frog God's Fane in CS without spending a feat on it.
If you want more class features, pick up Contemplative, and be sure to get the Destiny domain in RoD so you can DMM: Persist its 9th level spell.

Or City domain... thats quite good aswell.

Divine Seeker can be a good mx for a rogue/cleric build!

Hunor
2015-08-29, 03:43 PM
There is the Skull Clan Hunter from Miniatures Handbook, but it is really about being a rogue who hunts undead, and it doesn't advance cleric casting at all, it just needs the turn undead ability to enter.

Jormengand
2015-08-29, 03:57 PM
If you're all right with homebrew, I could just go ahead and make one...

Troacctid
2015-08-29, 04:02 PM
I also have an appropriate homebrew in my signature.

noob
2015-08-29, 04:03 PM
The complex trick is that you are trading domains and turn undead for gaining stuff and nobody wants to loose spellcasting(even one caster level is enough for making people nearly never want to take the prc) so if you make a prc that you want people to take but which is balanced then it should be comparable to what the priest would have gained from the domains and turn undead(Which is really a lot if you are evil because getting bonus classed undead under your control is super awesome) but not too much(because obsoleting a class is wrong).
by the way there is a non homebrew theurge variant for progressing divine arcane and bard music(allowing you to have a bard wizard cleric(or just bard cleric or bard druid because it was what was intended) it is called Fochlucan lyrist)

Chronos
2015-08-30, 07:15 AM
My personal preferred way to do this is one level of the roguish class of your choice (ninja has Wis synergy) followed by 19 of cloistered cleric, with the Able Learner feat.

prufock
2015-08-30, 09:15 AM
Unless you have a strict, by-the-RAW DM, you should just be able to adapt Arcane Trickster. Exactly as is, but divine instead of arcane. Done.