PDA

View Full Version : God damn Ubisoft. Does anyone know how to set up a UPlay account?

Vitruviansquid
2015-08-29, 05:28 PM
So once upon a time, I played The Settlers 7 and Might and Magic Heroes 6, Ubisoft games that require a UPlay account to start. It's been so long, I don't remember how I got them to work.

So I try to start up Settlers 7 again, and it turns out the patcher won't even run because the game is too old, and I guess that UPlay has moved on to an incompatible version. Digging around the steam forum, I found that I would need to independently download UPlay from Ubisoft's website as a workaround.

Okay.

So I go to Ubisoft's website, find the button for registering a UPlay account, and enter in my email, a password, and such...

The message returns saying basically "The account was not created." Why? It doesn't say. What required field or checkbox wasn't filled? It doesn't say.

So I try to get UPlay to email me back my password for an old account, because maybe I already have an account on that e-mail already. The window asks me to enter my e-mail address, which I did, and then it reported that I was sent an e-mail with a new password... which never arrived. So I guess I've never actually made an account on that email.

So now I can't make an account, and I don't know why. I go onto Ubisoft's own UPlay forum... where I can't search anything because I'm not logged in. Of course, I'm not logged in because I can't register.

Anyone know what to do?

1dominator
2015-08-30, 05:12 PM
{scrubbed}

Brother Oni
2015-09-05, 05:53 AM
Could the reminder email have been picked up by your spam filter?

TamerBill
2015-09-05, 02:59 PM
Having just tried it myself, the account creation should specify if the e-mail or username are already in use, but the password recovery won't; that'll send off an e-mail regardless of what you put in the box. Have you tried downloading the Uplay software first and creating an account from within that? Might just be the website that's borked for you.