PDA

View Full Version : Fabricate... best mid level spell in the game?

Joe dirt
2015-08-29, 07:58 PM
I think fabricate is probably the best spell for mid the game has... you can make and sell things... you can build traps in a dungeuon your in for defense so you and your party can rest... you can harvest parts from you enemies like turning that dragon into hide armor... what u think?

Corey
2015-08-29, 08:20 PM
I think fabricate is probably the best spell for mid the game has... you can make and sell things... you can build traps in a dungeuon your in for defense so you and your party can rest... you can harvest parts from you enemies like turning that dragon into hide armor... what u think?

I want to play a wizard, and in particular a transmuter, so I hope you're right.

I imagine a lot depends on how strict or lenient the DM is. For example, there's the pesky matter of proficiencies in the relevant tools. Of course, assume a decade of downtime and a few thousand gold, and you learn a whole lot of crafts ...

One big DM question is that Fabricate and the Channel Divinity option for Knowledge Cleric each have 10 minute durations -- so can they be used together or not? By strictest RAW it would seem not, but that's harsh.

SharkForce
2015-08-29, 08:21 PM
it's a good spell, but probably not the best.

Joe dirt
2015-08-29, 08:26 PM
I want to play a wizard, and in particular a transmuter, so I hope you're right.

I imagine a lot depends on how strict or lenient the DM is. For example, there's the pesky matter of proficiencies in the relevant tools. Of course, assume a decade of downtime and a few thousand gold, and you learn a whole lot of crafts ...

One big DM question is that Fabricate and the Channel Divinity option for Knowledge Cleric each have 10 minute durations -- so can they be used together or not? By strictest RAW it would seem not, but that's harsh.

Yeah the limitation of this spell is u need skills... so either take them with the skilled feat, a dip in cleric or a dip in bard

Joe dirt
2015-08-29, 08:29 PM
it's a good spell, but probably not the best.

What would u choose 4th level?

SharkForce
2015-08-29, 10:03 PM
when you first get it, polymorph is excellent, assuming we're looking only at wizard spells. lots of utility, excellent in combat (when you first get it), excellent as a buff spell, excellent for mobility. just all-around a good spell. other spells can be very situational, but very good in that situation as well. confusion, banishment, conjure minor elementals, greater invisibility, even hallucinatory terrain.

from other class lists? freedom of movement and death ward are also situation but amazing in the right situation. conjure woodland beings is famously quite ridiculous if your DM gives you control and doesn't fix the CR of pixies.

but why would only 4th level spells matter if you're talking about "best mid level spell in the game"? i'd say 5th and maybe even 6th level spells have some really good options and are mid level as well. wall of force is an amazing spell for battlefield control, wall of stone lets you build castles, not just small things, planar binding eventually lets you control powerful minions for days, weeks, or even months at a time, animate objects provides very good DPR, contingency can save your life, mass suggestion can control powerful creatures for a day or, if you scale it up, months, etc.

there are a lot of great spells. fabricate is one that is quite good in the right hands. i very much doubt it being the best in the game though.

MaxWilson
2015-08-29, 10:07 PM
What would u choose 4th level?

For combat, Evard's Black Tentacles and Polymorph are both good in different ways (crowd control vs. single-target buffing/cursing). Fabricate is lots of fun in non-combat. Arcane Eye (and Dimension Door can both save your bacon in certain circumstances, in different ways. Conjure Minor Elementals can be quite strong for combat and it has a good duration. Fire Shield is a good combat self-buff for a fighter/mage type (10 minutes, no concentration), and Greater Invisibility and Stoneskin can both be good buffs for your allies. Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum has some unique functionality as a permanent teleport block (either for ambushes or for establishing a base), and Otiluke's Resilient Sphere is excellent for emergency defense and pretty good for offense, although it is superceded by Wall of Force at fifth level. Finally, Banishment is a pretty good spell for dividing and conquering an enemy force, although it likewise is mostly superceded by Wall of Force.

Which of those is most attractive will depend upon what your wizard can already do and what he would like to do.

Joe dirt
2015-08-29, 10:21 PM
when you first get it, polymorph is excellent, assuming we're looking only at wizard spells. lots of utility, excellent in combat (when you first get it), excellent as a buff spell, excellent for mobility. just all-around a good spell. other spells can be very situational, but very good in that situation as well. confusion, banishment, conjure minor elementals, greater invisibility, even hallucinatory terrain.

from other class lists? freedom of movement and death ward are also situation but amazing in the right situation. conjure woodland beings is famously quite ridiculous if your DM gives you control and doesn't fix the CR of pixies.

but why would only 4th level spells matter if you're talking about "best mid level spell in the game"? i'd say 5th and maybe even 6th level spells have some really good options and are mid level as well. wall of force is an amazing spell for battlefield control, wall of stone lets you build castles, not just small things, planar binding eventually lets you control powerful minions for days, weeks, or even months at a time, animate objects provides very good DPR, contingency can save your life, mass suggestion can control powerful creatures for a day or, if you scale it up, months, etc.

there are a lot of great spells. fabricate is one that is quite good in the right hands. i very much doubt it being the best in the game though.

well that's a lot of spells u said were good, and i agree the ones you picked are very good but if you ONLY had to pick 1 spell from the 4th-5th level what would it be? its a no brainer for me because with fabricate you can literally get tons of money and with money you can do lots of things like hire meat shields, healing potions, scrolls, and you can even give your meat shield the best protection available... full field plate

SharkForce
2015-08-29, 10:29 PM
only one? probably polymorph. many of the things you could do with your money, you could do with polymorph, and there are other ways to make money also.

particularly if your DM believes in no magic items for sale (and for many DMs, nobody is selling their spell knowledge either) anywhere except common ones. aka the basic level of healing potions.

now, don't get me wrong, healing potions are nice and all. but by the time you get level 4 spells, mostly-useless money has been pretty much raining from the sky for a while now, and while wizards have more to do with money than most people thanks to expensive material components, you can't do much of value with money in all too many campaigns.

and the ones where you can tend to take a dim view of your breaking the economy.

Corey
2015-08-30, 12:40 AM
Yeah the limitation of this spell is u need skills... so either take them with the skilled feat, a dip in cleric or a dip in bard

It's not exactly skills; it's tool proficiencies. So Bard doesn't have much direct relevance.

You can get two tool proficiencies from your background, and occasionally one other from your race (subtypes of dwarf and gnome come to mind). But I don't think most classes help.

Corey
2015-08-30, 12:44 AM
with fabricate you can literally get tons of money and with money you can do lots of things like hire meat shields, healing potions, scrolls, and you can even give your meat shield the best protection available... full field plate

Again, only if you have the relevant tool proficiencies.

A Transmuter can finesse a few tool proficiency issues by changing the substance of something, Fabricating from it, and letting it change back. E.g., that could let you make intricate gold jewelry with a tool proficiency in woodcarving, or vice-versa. But I don't think that dodge really covers very many cases.

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 07:14 AM
Again, only if you have the relevant tool proficiencies.

True but Tool proficiencies aren't really hard to have. ether via background, Feat or downtime.

Now the big question is what Tool proficiencies offer the greatest utility when used with Fabricate?

I would say, probably in this order: Carpenter, Smith, Alchemy and Mason.
I placed Carpenter first because wood usually is the most available resource and can be used in many ways, from quick shelter, or shipbuilding to protecting a village with a palisade.
Smith is potentially the best money maker since ability ''make a Fullplate once per day'' can get you a lot of gold, still can be useful if you ever need to arm a kingdom.
Alchemy, well with this one you can really go bananas, from Healing kits to everyone to gunpowder, gunpowder everywhere!!
Mason, is by me the last of the most useful because stone is not easy to transport, but can offer a lot of awesome stuff from ''hey I want a keep'' to ''a bridge could be useful here'' and ''I could rebuild your village church if you guys get the stone''.

Corey
2015-08-30, 07:53 AM
Mason, is by me the last of the most useful because stone is not easy to transport, but can offer a lot of awesome stuff from ''hey I want a keep'' to ''a bridge could be useful here'' and ''I could rebuild your village church if you guys get the stone''.

Beware of the size limits on what Fabricate can make.

You convert raw materials into products of the same material. For example, you can fabricate a wooden bridge from a clump of trees, a rope from a patch of hemp, and clothes from flax or wool. Choose raw materials that you can see within range. You can fabricate a Large or smaller object (contained within a 10-foot cube, or eight connected 5-foot cubes), given a sufficient quantity of raw material. If you are working with metal, stone, or another mineral substance, however, the fabricated object can be no larger than Medium (contained within a single 5-foot cube). The quality of objects made by the spell is commensurate with the quality of the raw materials. Creatures or magic items can’t be created or transmuted by this spell. You also can’t use it to create items that ordinarily require a high degree of craftsmanship, such as jewelry, weapons, glass, or armor, unless you have proficiency with the type of artisan’s tools used to craft such objects.

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 08:16 AM
Beware of the size limits on what Fabricate can make.

Nothing stops you from Fabricating stuff in segments, building a house one wall per spell isn't hard. So basically a modest stone house will take 5-6 Fabricates to build and that can be done in a day at lvl 9.

Edit: Grammar and Spelling

Shining Wrath
2015-08-30, 08:34 AM
I houserule that you can't get rich with Fabricate because the various guilds of mundane armorsmiths, weaponsmiths, and what have you object. And those objections will, in the end, take the form of assassins capable of dealing ruthlessly with a mid to high level wizard. It's a matter of survival to the guilds.

Use it occasionally, sure. Start churning out houses or plate armor or longswords on an industrial scale, get visited by gnome Assassin rogues equipped with amulets that give them +3 to all their saves.

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 08:44 AM
I houserule that you can't get rich with Fabricate because the various guilds of mundane armorsmiths, weaponsmiths, and what have you object. And those objections will, in the end, take the form of assassins capable of dealing ruthlessly with a mid to high level wizard. It's a matter of survival to the guilds.

Use it occasionally, sure. Start churning out houses or plate armor or longswords on an industrial scale, get visited by gnome Assassin rogues equipped with amulets that give them +3 to all their saves.

Oh no that does not require something as a houserule. It is a normal reaction that someone wants you dead if you are destroying their business and livelihood. Also making to much of something will drive the price down.

charlesk
2015-08-30, 09:11 AM
only one? probably polymorph.

Same. In our last campaign I made endless in-combat and out-of-combat use of this spell.

Corey
2015-08-30, 09:14 AM
Nothing stops you from Fabricating stuff in segments, building a house one wall per spell isn't hard. So basically a modest stone house will take 5-6 Fabricates to build and that can be done in a day at lvl 9.

Edit: Grammar and Spelling

A 10 x 10 house, which is a modest size even by medieval standards, would require 16 Fabricates, and even then it wouldn't have a roof.

And 5-6 Level 4 spells/day at Level 9 is a bit optimistic anyway.

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 09:30 AM
A 10 x 10 house, which is a modest size even by medieval standards, would require 16 Fabricates, and even then it wouldn't have a roof.

I find that hard to believe, you'll need to elaborate those numbers.

And 5-6 Level 4 spells/day at Level 9 is a bit optimistic anyway.

Not really, a lvl 9 Wizard has three lvl 4 slots so our master mason wizard get up in the morning and casts three Fabricate spell, and then he promptly takes a nap and 8 hours later he casts three Fabricate spell more.

Corey
2015-08-30, 09:59 AM

Four sides to a house.

Each side is more than 5 feet long and more than 5 feet high.

Proceed from there.

and then he promptly takes a nap and 8 hours later he casts three Fabricate spell more.

That's not how it works.

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 10:18 AM
Four sides to a house.

Each side is more than 5 feet long and more than 5 feet high.

Proceed from there.

That's not how it works.

aaaah damn it, you are right on both points, didn't see that stone is treated separately and I forgot about once in 24/h restriction for rest...
AAAAND suddenly Masonry isn't useful as I thought it would be :smallfrown:

Still a 10 by 10 house can be build in less than a week, I can live with that.

Z3ro
2015-08-30, 11:01 AM
its a no brainer for me because with fabricate you can literally get tons of money

By a strict RAW, fabricate actually makes you no money. You still need the raw materials to create whatever you're creating (which, for any crafting, costs half the list price). Then, when selling, the default is you make half what is listed, or exactly what it cost you in raw materials. The game is set up so that it's not a crafting simulator. Your DM might rule that you could sell the goods you make at full price, but that's up to them.

Sigreid
2015-08-30, 11:55 AM
aaaah damn it, you are right on both points, didn't see that stone is treated separately and I forgot about once in 24/h restriction for rest...
AAAAND suddenly Masonry isn't useful as I thought it would be :smallfrown:

Still a 10 by 10 house can be build in less than a week, I can live with that.

You still have arcane recovery to help some.

Sigreid
2015-08-30, 11:58 AM
By a strict RAW, fabricate actually makes you no money. You still need the raw materials to create whatever you're creating (which, for any crafting, costs half the list price). Then, when selling, the default is you make half what is listed, or exactly what it cost you in raw materials. The game is set up so that it's not a crafting simulator. Your DM might rule that you could sell the goods you make at full price, but that's up to them.

Personally, I think the crafting rules are the most awful part of the rules. I mean, did you ever notice that crafting provides for a comfortable lifestyle in addition to what you're crafting? Why couldn't you just live off your enormous pile of gold and get that 5 gold applied to your progress as well? I agree that it's not meant to be a crafting simulator, but that's no reason to actively discourage players from crafting if that's what they want to do. I play D&D Murder Hobo edition, but I don't see why Jake can't play D&D The Merchant Prince edition.

SharkForce
2015-08-30, 12:16 PM

you need the materials, but sometimes the materials are just sitting there on the ground. if I'm making a stone or wood cottage and only need sufficient quantity of raw materials, there are typically ways to get your hands on enough stone or wood without buying it.

Shining Wrath
2015-08-30, 12:51 PM
Oh no that does not require something as a houserule. It is a normal reaction that someone wants you dead if you are destroying their business and livelihood. Also making to much of something will drive the price down.

I like to make things like this clear before people create their characters. Rule for a DM: do not break the player's build. Rule for a player: don't build a character the DM needs to break. Key: communicate.

Z3ro
2015-08-30, 12:53 PM
you need the materials, but sometimes the materials are just sitting there on the ground. if I'm making a stone or wood cottage and only need sufficient quantity of raw materials, there are typically ways to get your hands on enough stone or wood without buying it.

True, though cottages are not the kind of thing that are easy to sell. Usually people want to make relatively in-demand goods, like swords and armor. And unless you're stealing steel, there's not usually a supply of it just lying around.

SharkForce
2015-08-30, 12:59 PM
True, though cottages are not the kind of thing that are easy to sell. Usually people want to make relatively in-demand goods, like swords and armor. And unless you're stealing steel, there's not usually a supply of it just lying around.

perhaps not, but the raw materials for, say, a longbow, are not all that uncommon.

Joe dirt
2015-08-30, 01:10 PM
the most expensive thing in the players handbook is a galley... it would take about 13 days worth of casting fabricate to make one and enough trees.... 30k gold please

Not really, a lvl 9 Wizard has three lvl 4 slots so our master mason wizard get up in the morning and casts three Fabricate spell, and then he promptly takes a nap and 8 hours later he casts three Fabricate spell more.

the best spell for house building is wall of stone + fabricate... wall of stone can actually make one a castle and fabricate can make the stairs, arrow slots, doors, traps, secret passage ways ect...

so by the time you hit 9th level.... party gets a 2 weeks downtime, fighter what do you do... i practice swinging my blade, wizard what do you do?... i build a keep

Z3ro
2015-08-30, 01:25 PM
the most expensive thing in the players handbook is a galley... it would take about 13 days worth of casting fabricate to make one and enough trees.... 30k gold please

15,000, as PCs sell goods for half. And those fabricates make independent parts; you still need to put them together, with enough skill to make the ship serviceable. Plus nowhere in the book does it actually mention the size of a galley, so it could take much longer depending on how big your DM requires.

Joe dirt
2015-08-30, 01:33 PM
15,000, as PCs sell goods for half. And those fabricates make independent parts; you still need to put them together, with enough skill to make the ship serviceable. Plus nowhere in the book does it actually mention the size of a galley, so it could take much longer depending on how big your DM requires.

true it would be 1/2, and i am just giving a rough estimate on how much money (work) you can generate with the galley example... instead of a galley you could have skill in glass blowing and wood working to make 1000 gp spy glasses, and i got the size of a galley by looking up the dimensions for an actually roman galley and did the math... 13 days plus assemble the pieces, not bad for not needing to risk ones neck for coin

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 01:59 PM
Dear dice Gods, listed prices and rules make no sense and are completely arbitrary.

If we take a Longsword as an example it costs 15 gp and weights 3 lb and that means that 3 lb steel ingot cost 7.5 gp. And if we take these numbers then the amount of steel need to produce a Plate armor costs only 150 gp.

But if we use the Plate as a reference then a Longsword should cost 75gp.

I must disagree, when casting Fabricate nowhere does it states that the spell must use rules for crafting. As I see it raw materials requirement for the spell must be meet in weight not gold value.

Edit.
Also if someone has background Merchant then I would expect that he can participate normally in the market and sell things at a full price or even more if he is good.

JoeJ
2015-08-30, 02:01 PM
Smith is potentially the best money maker since ability ''make a Fullplate once per day'' can get you a lot of gold, still can be useful if you ever need to arm a kingdom.

Getting rich by making full plate once a day requires that once a day you find somebody who:

1) Wants full plate.
2) Can afford it.
3) Doesn't already have it.

(That's actually the case with anything you sell, but its most noticeable with very expensive, very durable goods. Like armor.)

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 02:12 PM
Getting rich by making full plate once a day requires that once a day you find somebody who:

1) Wants full plate.
2) Can afford it.
3) Doesn't already have it.

(That's actually the case with anything you sell, but its most noticeable with very expensive, very durable goods. Like armor.)

Yes, very true.

Also, don't forget, there is always the ''equip your own army' option.

Z3ro
2015-08-30, 03:02 PM
I must disagree, when casting Fabricate nowhere does it states that the spell must use rules for crafting. As I see it raw materials requirement for the spell must be meet in weight not gold value.

Unfortunately, it never specifies if it is by weight or gold value, so either option can be correct. However, I assume gold value for two reasons: 1. There's no reason to use a whole new method when regular crafting already gives us one, and 2. I can't believe the designers intended there to be two values for raw material, an "item" value, and a weight value.

Edit.
Also if someone has background Merchant then I would expect that he can participate normally in the market and sell things at a full price or even more if he is good.

This, at least, is a complete house rule, and potentially too powerful of one at that, depending on the availability of magic items.

SharkForce
2015-08-30, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately, it never specifies if it is by weight or gold value, so either option can be correct. However, I assume gold value for two reasons: 1. There's no reason to use a whole new method when regular crafting already gives us one, and 2. I can't believe the designers intended there to be two values for raw material, an "item" value, and a weight value.

This, at least, is a complete house rule, and potentially too powerful of one at that, depending on the availability of magic items.

the rules for magic item selling are dumb. something so rare and valuable that you can't even buy it that you also can't get good value for if you sell it... the entire concept of such a thing is moronic. if it's so rare and valuable that everyone wants it and would never consider selling it, then you have a seller's market.

JoeJ
2015-08-30, 03:22 PM
the rules for magic item selling are dumb. something so rare and valuable that you can't even buy it that you also can't get good value for if you sell it... the entire concept of such a thing is moronic. if it's so rare and valuable that everyone wants it and would never consider selling it, then you have a seller's market.

A seller's market in one sense, but the number of buyers is likely small enough that finding one would be extremely difficult. It would be like selling satellites. You absolutely can, but the people who want one and can afford one usually already have one, or at least have it already ordered. Today you could find a buyer over the internet, but in a world without modern communication, finding a buyer for a slightly used spacecraft could easily take years. (Actually, a satellite might be completely useless in a world without modern communication, but for the purpose of this analogy we can ignore that.)

meltodowno
2015-08-30, 03:25 PM
Plus this is medieval style setting.

Building a house ? Better make sure you purchased that land from the lord.

Building a Galley ? Better make sure you have permission from the lord to cut down a small forest.

Learn to Feudal system.

Z3ro
2015-08-30, 03:30 PM

Didn't disagree there, but you have to remember that the economic rules aren't in place to simulate a feudal economy; they're there to define how much gold a player has/needs/can earn. Do anything else with them and they fall apart immediately.

druid91
2015-08-30, 03:36 PM
only one? probably polymorph. many of the things you could do with your money, you could do with polymorph, and there are other ways to make money also.

particularly if your DM believes in no magic items for sale (and for many DMs, nobody is selling their spell knowledge either) anywhere except common ones. aka the basic level of healing potions.

now, don't get me wrong, healing potions are nice and all. but by the time you get level 4 spells, mostly-useless money has been pretty much raining from the sky for a while now, and while wizards have more to do with money than most people thanks to expensive material components, you can't do much of value with money in all too many campaigns.

and the ones where you can tend to take a dim view of your breaking the economy.

You can hire soldiers with money. 2 gold a day.

JohnDaBarr
2015-08-30, 03:56 PM

Using "item" value is an utter and complete nonsense, first because more than half of stuff that is going to be fabricated does not have a price tag, and determining value of, lets say a wooden bridge, is much harder than determining its weight. Secondly and more importantly that method is extremely inaccurate because a finished product, lets say bridge, is WAY more valuable than it's raw material, in this case a heap of planks. So using your method can lead to scenarios here you need 50 metric tonnes of wood to make 10 foot long bridge.

A seller's market in one sense, but the number of buyers is likely small enough that finding one would be extremely difficult. It would be like selling satellites. You absolutely can, but the people who want one and can afford one usually already have one, or at least have it already ordered. Today you could find a buyer over the internet, but in a world without modern communication, finding a buyer for a slightly used spacecraft could easily take years. (Actually, a satellite might be completely useless in a world without modern communication, but for the purpose of this analogy we can ignore that.)

Yes, that's why Plate is sold in a big city and in a village where no one saw a gold peace since old Toms grandpa returned from the wars you fabricate a new plough in exchange for a favor.

Plus this is medieval style setting.

Building a house ? Better make sure you purchased that land from the lord.

Building a Galley ? Better make sure you have permission from the lord to cut down a small forest.

Learn to Feudal system.

To be honest in medieval times people usually did things first then asked for permission/forgiveness later, and that was accompanied with a hefty bribe.

SharkForce
2015-08-30, 03:57 PM
You can hire soldiers with money. 2 gold a day.

yeah, that lasts until your CR 1/4 soldiers realize that they can work protecting a caravan from CR 1/4 creatures for the same wages, and they won't have to regularly fight high CR creatures that can one-shot them (if not to instant death, to unconsciousness... and even if it isn't lethal they aren't exactly going to like getting hurt so much). or do worse. you fight a basilisk or something and suddenly you're on the hook for a couple dozen restoration spells that you can't cast yet.

JoeJ
2015-08-30, 04:10 PM
Apart from Wish, the most reliable money making spell in the game is probably Lesser Restoration. You can always find plenty of sick people in any city. Given the limitation on spell slots, I'd probably want to set up a boutique practice to cure wealthy people and let the temples worry about running free clinics for the masses.

Corey
2015-08-30, 04:57 PM
Apart from Wish, the most reliable money making spell in the game is probably Lesser Restoration. You can always find plenty of sick people in any city. Given the limitation on spell slots, I'd probably want to set up a boutique practice to cure wealthy people and let the temples worry about running free clinics for the masses.

Not a spell, but the transmuter's ability to decrease somebody's apparent age might sell well. What rich man wouldn't want that for his spouse and himself alike?

It could also be used to deserve and get a significant fraction of the proceeds from a brothel.

MaxWilson
2015-08-30, 04:57 PM
By a strict RAW, fabricate actually makes you no money. You still need the raw materials to create whatever you're creating (which, for any crafting, costs half the list price).

I spent about thirty minutes yesterday looking through the PHB for rules on raw materials. I thought it was half the total price, just as you say--but I couldn't find the rule anywhere. Do you know where it is?

(That rule is pretty retarded and I wouldn't use it, but it just bugs me that I don't know where it is.)

pwykersotz
2015-08-30, 06:05 PM
I spent about thirty minutes yesterday looking through the PHB for rules on raw materials. I thought it was half the total price, just as you say--but I couldn't find the rule anywhere. Do you know where it is?

(That rule is pretty retarded and I wouldn't use it, but it just bugs me that I don't know where it is.)

It's under Crafting on page 187 of the PHB.

For every day of downtime you spend crafting, you can craft one or more items with a total market value not exceeding 5 gp, and you must expend raw materials worth half the total market value.

meltodowno
2015-08-30, 06:10 PM
To be honest in medieval times people usually did things first then asked for permission/forgiveness later, and that was accompanied with a hefty bribe.

Lol, incorrect. So, so incorrect. Entire wars were fought over land disputes, and even been caught hunting in woodland that didn't belong to you was punishable by having your hands lopped off.

It still happened, but they were careful to attempt to not be caught.

Build a house on a lords land ? Yeah ... sure....

Joe dirt
2015-08-30, 06:19 PM
Lol, incorrect. So, so incorrect. Entire wars were fought over land disputes, and even been caught hunting in woodland that didn't belong to you was punishable by having your hands lopped off.

in skyrim all u need is to pay a fine ;)

georgie_leech
2015-08-30, 07:30 PM
in skyrim all u need is to pay a fine ;)

In skim I can glare really hard at a levitating pair of boots and learn advanced sword techniques and learn how to forge dragon scale. I would use that as a guide.

SharkForce
2015-08-30, 08:31 PM

most of the people who were worried about being caught don't have the tools to defeat a small army on their own (not necessarily in one sitting, mind you).

Louro
2015-08-31, 02:51 PM
You can't build a house/cottage with fabricate.
Well, you can, but without foundations it will go down rather sooner than later.

Commune, Divination and Dominate Person.