PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class 3.5e Tiamat's Sting (PEACH) - Evil Sorcerer + ToB hybrid

Nifft
2015-08-29, 08:47 PM
Chromatic Fang

http://i.imgur.com/3SgsZCG.jpg
image source (http://citizenthymes.com/)

Prerequisites
- Tumble 8 ranks, Hide 8 ranks
- Must worship Tiamat as a god, and have a compatible alignment (LN, LE, or NE)
- Must know one Desert Wind maneuver and one Shadow Hand maneuver
- Must know one Desert Wind or Shadow Hand stance
- Able to spontaneously cast Arcane spells

Benefits

Hit Die: d8

Class Skills (4 + Int): Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana, history, the planes) (Int), Martial Lore (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Tumble (Dex).

Spellcasting: At each level except 1st and 6th, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming a Chromatic Fang, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

Maneuvers: At each odd-numbered level, you gain a new maneuver known from the Desert Wind or Shadow Hand disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Chromatic Fang levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known. At 3rd level, 6th level, and 9th level, you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

Stances Known: At 5th and 10th level, you learn a new martial stance from the Desert Wind or Shadow Hand disciplines. You must meet a stance's prerequisite to learn it.

Features

Chromatic Claws (Su): As a Swift action you can spend a spell slot to grow a pair of magical claws which function as primary natural weapons. The claws deal 1d6 + Str piercing damage (or 1d4 + Str piercing damage if you're Small). The claws are magical: they have an enhancement bonus equal to one-half your Chromatic Fang level rounded down, with a minimum of +1.

When you create the claws, choose an energy type: acid, cold, fire or electricity. The claws also deal energy damage equal to 2 x the spell slot level spent.

The claws last for 10 minutes, or until you dismiss them as a Swift action.

Draconic Arrogance (Ex): If you can add your Wisdom bonus to your AC, you may instead add your Charisma bonus to your AC.

Poison Use (Ex): You are trained in the use of poison and never risk accidentally poisoning yourself when applying poison to a blade.

Voice of the Dragon (Ex): At 2nd level, you gain a +2 bonus on Bluff and Intimidate checks. This bonus increases by +2 every four levels thereafter, to +4 at 6th level and +6 at 10th level.

Chromatic Mastery (Su): At 3rd level, whenever you use a Maneuver which would deal acid, cold, electric, or fire damage, you may instead cause the Maneuver to deal cold damage. When you change a Maneuver in this way which originally forced a Reflex saving throw, the Maneuver now forces a Fortitude saving throw, even if the original damage type was also cold.

At 5th level, whenever you use a Maneuver which would deal acid, cold, electric, or fire damage, you may instead cause the Maneuver to deal acid damage.

At 7th level, whenever you use a Maneuver which would deal acid, cold, electric, or fire damage, you may instead cause the Maneuver to deal electrical damage. When you change a Maneuver in this way, the save DC is increased by +2, even if the original damage type was also electricity.

At 9th level, whenever you use a Maneuver which would deal acid, cold, electric, or fire damage, you may instead cause the Maneuver to deal fire damage. When you change a Maneuver in this way, it deals +1 damage per die, even if the original damage type was also fire.

Draconic Defiance Stance (Su): At 4th level, you learn how to channel the energy from one of your stances in a new way. While you are in a stance from any discipline you know, you can forgo its normal benefit as a swift action to gain the effect of the draconic defiance stance. This ability lasts as long as you would maintain the stance. You can also stop using the draconic defiance stance and resume gaining the normal benefit of the stance as a swift action. While you use this ability, your caster level when you cast arcane spells increases by 3, and you gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC. In addition, when you first activate this ability, you can choose to expend an arcane spell slot. If you do, you also gain resistance to one damage type (acid, cold, electricity or fire) equal to 5 x the spell-slot level, for the duration of the draconic defiance stance.

Mother's Sting (Su): Starting at 6th level, as a Swift action you can spend a spell slot to grow a magical tail which functions as a secondary natural weapon. The tail can sting for 1d8 + Str piercing damage (or 1d6 + Str piercing damage if you're Small). The sting is magical: it has an enhancement bonus equal to one-half your Chromatic Fang level rounded down.

The sting is poisoned (Fort DC 10 + spell slot x 2); the poison's damage depends on the spell slot level spent:
1 - 1 point Dexterity
2 - 1d2 points Dexterity
3 - 1d4 points Dexterity
4 - 1d4 points Dexterity and 1d4 points Strength
5 - 1d6 points Dexterity and 1d4 points Strength
6 - 1d8 points Dexterity and 1d6 points Strength
7 - 1d8 points Dexterity, 1d8 points Strength, and 1d4 points Constitution
8 - 1d8 points Dexterity, 1d8 points Strength, and 1d8 points Constitution
9 - 2d6 points Dexterity, 2d6 points Strength, and 2d6 points Constitution

The tail lasts for 10 minutes, or until you dismiss it as a Swift action.

Arcane Synergy (Su): Once per turn when you deal damage with a melee attack or a Maneuver, you may cast a spell which normally requires a Standard action as a Swift action. When you use this feature, a ghostly dragon head appears to sprout from your body and cast the spell in your stead.

Martial Synergy (Su): Once per turn when you cast a spell as a standard action or full-round action, you may recover an expended Maneuver.

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Maneuvers Known
Maneuvers Readied
Stances Known
Features
Spellcasting

1st
+1
+2
+2
+0

Chromatic Claws, Draconic Arrogance, Poison Use

2nd
+2
+3
+3
+0

Voice of the Dragon (+2)
+1 level existing

3rd
+3
+3
+3
+1

Chromatic Mastery (Cold)
+1 level existing

4th
+4
+4
+4
+1

Draconic Defiance Stance
+1 level existing

5th
+5
+4
+4
+1

Chromatic Mastery (Acid)
+1 level existing

6th
+6
+5
+5
+2

Mother's Sting, Voice of the Dragon (+4)

7th
+7
+5
+5
+2

Chromatic Mastery (Electricity)
+1 level existing

8th
+8
+6
+6
+2

Arcane Synergy
+1 level existing

9th
+9
+6
+6
+3

Chromatic Mastery (Fire)
+1 level existing

10th
+10
+7
+7
+3

Martial Synergy, Voice of the Dragon (+6)
+1 level existing

nikkoli
2015-08-30, 07:07 PM
Initiator level advances as character level does or does this not advance that or am I just confused? I like ToB, but have only gotten to use iit a little bit.
At first I thought that stance was strong with +3 caster level then I realized that you lose 2 CL 10 in the class so it's not crazy.
But, now I have a monk warblade sorcerer kobold idea that sounds fun.

Nifft
2015-08-30, 08:16 PM
Initiator level advances as character level does or does this not advance that or am I just confused? I like ToB, but have only gotten to use iit a little bit.
At first I thought that stance was strong with +3 caster level then I realized that you lose 2 CL 10 in the class so it's not crazy.
But, now I have a monk warblade sorcerer kobold idea that sounds fun.

Initiator level is (base class + prestige class + 1/2 all other levels). So (for example) four levels of Sorcerer gives you +2 initiator levels.

You lose 2 caster levels in this class, plus you probably lose one or two before this class. It's possible to enter without taking any Swordsage levels, but Swordsage levels are pretty great.

Swordsage is an easier entry than Monk / Warblade, and Swordsage 2 gives you Wisdom to AC.

Practiced Spellcaster can help a lot with up to 4 lost caster levels, of course.

Kobolds are always a great choice. :cool: