PDA

View Full Version : Optimization List of Iron Chef Winners??

c1b3rshad3
2015-08-30, 04:12 AM
I've been trying to find a handy dandy quick list of the Iron Chef builds that were submitted or at least the ones the won. Does anyone have this? The threads for the contests are pretty cumbersome.

Thanks for the help.

mealin
2015-08-30, 06:10 AM
here you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?276993-Iron-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-Hall-of-Heroes-(Under-Construction)&p=14937721#post14937721)

Darrin
2015-08-30, 07:10 AM
Every Iron Chef thread has a list of previous competitions at the bottom of the first post. (Well, most of them do. I'm not entirely when the IC threads started listed the previous threads.)

It sounds like you're having trouble navigating those threads, trying to find the entries. Once the contest is announced, there's a week or so of posts where people are talking about how terrible the ingredient is, making jokes, and deciding if they want to enter, judge, and so forth. Once the first deadline is up, the chairperson will post the entries, usually somewhere around the 4th to 7th page, although you have to click around to find where the entries start. Sometimes someone in the thread will post a "summary table" showing all the entries, their build stubs, and a link that takes you directly back to each entry.

Then there's another week or so of discussions, judges posting scores, and sometimes a large chunk of disputes before the winners are posted. If you click on the last page of the thread and then work back from there, you should see the chairperson posting a "Final Results" post that lists the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal winners. There may also be an "Honorable Mention" winner.

Oh, something else to watch out for... the BBCODE for tables was updated somewhere around March 2014, so all the tables before IC LV are borked. The Iron Chef Deep Freeze (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?422395) project is working on fixing the tables and reposting these entries, but progress is slow.

And I should have probably mentioned this first, but OMG Ponies is the official Iron Chef Archivist, and he has a stupendously impressive spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyjVU5JmeCnC8YTMqDArDqE5PszHl0Ysadz630kuTGk/edit#gid=0) that lists all the contestants, winners, scores, etc., complete with links back to the original post.

daremetoidareyo
2015-08-30, 11:46 AM
Is it thread necromancy to write up a few of those iron chef hall of heroes and post them so OMGponies can incorporate them into the project?

Darrin
2015-08-30, 12:56 PM
Is it thread necromancy to write up a few of those iron chef hall of heroes and post them so OMGponies can incorporate them into the project?

Certain archives, reference threads, and some handbooks are given some leniency on the Thread Necromany rules so that we can compile things like the Hall of Heroes, Deep Freeze, etc.

However, I'm not entirely sure where OMG Ponies is with the Hall of Heroes project. Seeing as how we've already passed round 58, I'd probaby try PM'ing him before posting to the Hall of Heroes thread. If you're looking to help out, I think Venger would love to have you working on the Deep Freeze.

Venger
2015-08-30, 01:10 PM
Certain archives, reference threads, and some handbooks are given some leniency on the Thread Necromany rules so that we can compile things like the Hall of Heroes, Deep Freeze, etc.

However, I'm not entirely sure where OMG Ponies is with the Hall of Heroes project. Seeing as how we've already passed round 58, I'd probaby try PM'ing him before posting to the Hall of Heroes thread. If you're looking to help out, I think Venger would love to have you working on the Deep Freeze.

That would be really great. Link's in my signature if you'd like to lend a hand.