PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying systems- Collaborative Storytelling and Evil Minions

Vercingex
2015-08-30, 10:30 AM
Hello everyone!

A few years ago, I had a friend who was always digging up unique and obscure RPG systems, and running them for the rest of us. Two in particular stuck with me, but I've been unable to remember what they were called, or track them down in any way, and my friend has moved away and out of contact. I beseech the Internet to please come to my aid!

The first system is more a formalized collaborative storytelling system than a traditional RPG. The players don't have characters. Rather, they have pools of points or chips with which they can "buy" story elements, including characters, settings, etc. They can also use them to modify existing story elements by adding modifiers to them (Much like Aspects from Fate system).

The second system is more traditional, at least in the fact that the players control a single character. In it, the players are the horribly malformed minions of a Gothic Horror/Mad Scientist type villain who has taken over a small community. The player's main stats are Love and Tiredness, and the master's stat is Fear. The goal of the players is to overcome their Tiredness and the master's Fear with Love, and overthrow him, and free the townsfolk from their nightmare. The other interesting twist was that the players had a superpower and a weakness, but each had some specific circumstance that would cause them to turn off. (For instance, my character had a commanding voice that didn't work when there was music playing, and he could only speak in single-word sentence fragments unless he was in a clean and tidy environment).

If anyone knows the names of these systems, please let me know! Thank you!

mikeejimbo
2015-08-30, 02:44 PM
Is the second one "My Life With Master" by any chance?

Jorren
2015-08-30, 03:41 PM
The first one sounds like The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

Vercingex
2015-08-30, 08:26 PM
Is the second one "My Life With Master" by any chance?

Yes, you are right! That's exactly the one.

Also, funny story; I Google'd "My Life With Master", and in the RPGNet review, someone mentions Universalis, which as it turns out is the other system I was thinking of!

So, thank you! Twice!