PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed How to: Displacer from the Beyonders

ComaVision
2015-08-30, 09:02 PM
A friend in my game died to Phantasmal Killer today (RIP). He's been reading a book series called Beyonders and asked me how he could make a Displacer (http://beyonders.wikia.com/wiki/Displacer). I had to admit I couldn't think of a way to do it but there are greater minds in the Playground than mine.

The gist of them, from what I understand, is that they can remove body parts and they continue to function (notably a hand and eye). Thoughts?

Dondasch
2015-08-30, 09:13 PM
The Warlock has a couple Lesser Invocations that allow an eye or a hand to be detached and operate on its own.

ComaVision
2015-08-30, 10:26 PM
The Warlock has a couple Lesser Invocations that allow an eye or a hand to be detached and operate on its own.

That's a start! Now I need a way to be beheaded without it being an insta-kill...

EDIT: Necropoliton! Anybody have other ideas?

Bad Wolf
2015-08-31, 02:12 AM
Right, those guys. I loved those books. You might want to check out the 3.0 Hide Life spell, which makes it so you can't die, it might let you survive without your head.

What were those guys who lived for two years and were freaking superheroes?

Dondasch
2015-08-31, 08:19 AM
Right, those guys. I loved those books. You might want to check out the 3.0 Hide Life spell, which makes it so you can't die, it might let you survive without your head.

What were those guys who lived for two years and were freaking superheroes?

They were the Drinlings.

SirMeepsAlot
2019-07-23, 07:57 PM
So, I came across this while in my search to make this race for myself and was wondering if anyone had any other options for this as currently I've hit a bit of a roadblock

EDIT: I was attempting to convert it to a 5e Version of the race as well. Will open a second thread there.